Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

OMG, you community is HUUUGE :tongue: I still remember the chart in your ACP index... 40-50 registrations per day... :tongue: I remember "envying" you about this!! :tongue:

I'll also need FTP access, as I'll have to changing the code of 1-2 files.

Yeah and I delete inactive members once they haven't visited in over 12 months. I would have over 100,000 members if I didn't. That would give your mod a headache :)

ftp details sent.

Nigel
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW... I could never imagine the script calculating the duplicates could EVER get so much optimized... Or, it was just a blast of inspiration, otherwise I would have thought about this new algorithm in the first place.

Anyway, it's loading super fast now (in 3DKiwi's community).

I'm gonna get some sleep now as in 5 hours I'll have to wake up, and tomorrow morning I'll pack everything up and release the updated 3.0.1 version as promised! :D

I think you need to clarify the fact that when you click the "Delete" button, in the ACP, you actually delete the member itself.
Not just from the list, but completely.

Luckily I deleted a test account, but I was about to click the "Delete all" and that would have deleted me as administrator as well.

I think you need to clarify the fact that when you click the "Delete" button, in the ACP, you actually delete the member itself.

Not just from the list, but completely.

Luckily I deleted a test account, but I was about to click the "Delete all" and that would have deleted me as administrator as well.

Ah... I lost my afternoon sleep because of this message. :tongue: I misread it on my cellphone and thought you meant that the (newly introduced) Delete All Machines button actually deletes the members. Well mate, the confirmation question is clear: Are you sure you want to delete this member? It doesn't ask if you want to delete the entry. :tongue:

By the way, Delete All button doesn't proceed if one of the members to delete is yourself. ;)

Thank you POA, working fine now, and tonight has been a very busy night for my forum with a peak of 690 visitors in one hour. Despite that, the duplicates page loads without problem.

I'm glad it resolved the issue. :D

Definitely resolved the issue, thank you!

Now that I can see all the duplicates (25 in all), I can see the need for one vital statistic that isn't displayed in either the duplicate page or the profile when clicked ...

It would be REALLY helpful to see the 'Last Visit' date, so we know which account(s) are being used currently.

Sorry to not have mentioned this before, but I couldn't see this page.

:smile:

EDIT: In the next update, it would be very helpful to note which groups have been notified and when.

Please don't take these suggestions as criticism in any way. This app is essential to my site. I have nearly 60K members and 45-70 new accounts daily. This is why I ask for these things. I have 3 pages of duplicates in 3 days.

Thanks again, man!

EDIT: In the next update, it would be very helpful to note which groups have been notified and when.

Please don't take these suggestions as criticism in any way. This app is essential to my site. I have nearly 60K members and 45-70 new accounts daily. This is why I ask for these things. I have 3 pages of duplicates in 3 days.

Thanks again, man!

I'm not sure how I could implement this type of history of notifications, but until (and if) this gets implemented, you can use the Admin logs where each action is logged:

Ie (taken from my dev board): admin | (Through DML app) Notified Members: admin, user13, user14, user15, user16, user7, user8, user9 | 02 October 2012 - 07:39 AM | 94.**.**.**

Edit: I'm glad my app is so useful for you. :D

I think it looks great, thank you!

It may or may not be considered minor, but what about a small section within the groups for admin notes? It's tough to remember just how an account was/is being handled. I end up with about 30 'fraud registrations' per day and about 6 new duplicate situations. After I notify, it would be cool to have the ability to create and save notes per group.

Just an idea ...

Hi, I just purchased version 2.0 a month ago and haven't got it working yet - I get a 500 error:

[Tue Oct 09 15:20:55 2012] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeProfileLink() in /XXXX/httpdocs/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/duplicates/sources/functions.php on line 82, referer: http://XXXXX.com/for...ection=overview

We are running 3.3.4 - is 2.0 compatible? Any chance of an upgrade since I _JUST_ purchased it?

Thanks in advance.

Hello dexter.

Even 2.0.0 of the app is fully compatible with 3.3.4 of IPB. I will need some ACP and FTP info of your forum and I will gladly look into the problem for you.

As for upgrading to 3.0.0+ version, you are already transferred as an expired customer of 3.0.0+ version. All you have to do is pay the $5 renewal fee. This does not affect your non expiring purchase of 2.0.0 however, so should you not want to upgrade to 3.0.0, you will still be able to download/use v2.0.0.

Ah, and thanks for reporting my app broken... Very wise indeed. :)

Hi Prince, It would appear that when I deleted the old version from the system, it kept files in admin/application_addon directory, and when I tried to upload the new version, it kept the v1.0.0 files. I went in and manually removed all files in that directory (After a backup!!) and reinstalled from scratch - everything seems ok so far except I've lost all my history.

Shouldn't the upgrade kill the old files?

I think it looks great, thank you!

It may or may not be considered minor, but what about a small section within the groups for admin notes? It's tough to remember just how an account was/is being handled. I end up with about 30 'fraud registrations' per day and about 6 new duplicate situations. After I notify, it would be cool to have the ability to create and save notes per group.

Just an idea ...

I must have missed this reply... :tongue:

When you say small section for notes, would you need to write down details other than the notification data of each member of the group? Because that will be included in 3.0.2 anyway. The problem is that duplicate "groups" are not stored somewhere. They are calculated on-the-fly based on the machine ID(s) of each member. So, at least code-wise there is no place to store the notes for each group. I mean, there is no physical table for these group, there is no "group_id" for each of them to attach some notes to it.

That could be done on a member basis however. But that's not so small I suppose for a minor 3.0.2 release. For an intermediate 3.1.0 that would be OK, if it'd be useful anyway.

My problem is probably pretty isolated to my situation. Our community provides over 6,000 files for download, and we go over 1TB of transfer monthly. We even limit non-subscribers to 5 daily downloads and hit that number.

I have many duplicate accounts to deal with, and I try to be fair. By being able to make notes per group, I can keep track of their responses and allow them to keep multiple family members' accounts.

I'm not trying to prevent individual family member accounts, just those that open accounts to go around the download limit for standard members.

Yes a notes field would be handy. At the moment we write a note in the member title field. Problem with that is it's visible to anyone. We write stuff like "Same as xyz who is a software pirate" or "Same as member XYZ. Refer post xyz, member admits to using illegal software". That's very handy a while down the track if you get a query asking why they are banned.

3DKiwi

Archived