Post Text Replacements to Links with the Badword filter

IPBSupport.de

Similar to this topic and brandons answer here, i now post this as a feedback / feature request.

We can still use the badword filter system to replace a "badword" with a (html or bbcode) link, but this also acts on the topic titles and we see the html/bbcode codes in the topic title. I reported this here as a bug, but matt classified it as "not a bug".

So the badword system should become a little rework so that the replacements with html and bbcodes only replace the text, not the html/bbcode or it would be great to have a similar system to the badword system for replacements including the thing with the topic titles.

• Management

The badword filter was really designed to catch swear words and replace them.

What you're suggesting is something completely different and I think it's wrong to look at extending the badwords filter to stuff in additional functionality.

Can you give me a few examples of what you'd like to see? I remember your bug and topic but I'm not very clear on what you want to achieve.

What i want to achieve?

The badword filter works very well to replace a text with a new one (badword -> goodword :D).
The badword filter also works very well to replace a text with a new one INCLUDING bbcode or html code (badword -> goodword including a link, e.g. to the boardrules).

But at the moment there are a problem: The filter also works on topic titles (which is correct and good), but if you replace a "badword" with a new word including bbcode or html code, the code show in the topic title:

ccs-145138-0-65999600-1348578035_thumb.p

Now there are a few options:
For me, i use the system to replace "IPS" with a link to your IP.Board page, IP.Content to the IP.Content page etc... There are a lot of options to use those system, maybe also to show only "crosslinks" (wiki style links).

[*]Rename the "badword filter" system to a "Replacement system" or something else and filter the bbcode and html code in topic titles [*]Only filter the bbcode and html code in topic titles [*]Create a similar system to the badword system (maybe only copy the system) and call it "Replacements" to replace texts (not badwords -> goodwords).

Archived