Questions about Warning sistem

Mefista

Hello,

First of all I`m sorry for my English, its not my native language. My colleague administrators/moderators and I recently decided to try IPB 3.3.4. forum. I`m an system administrator for a short period of time (for several years I’ve had moderator function on `powered by phpBB` forum) but I hope you can help me.

This is what I tested so far and these are some of my conclusions:

Enable the warning system - No

- Moderator can’t punish anyone. (Is there a way to ban someone without ACP access?)
- If there were warning points added in MCP before disabling warning system, moderator can see them on user profile / member editing but he can’t know why is there that amount of points.
- Moderator can only use Manage Members / Recent Warnings to see recent warnings added before Warning system is turned off.

Enable the warning system - Yes
Allow all other non-protected groups to see their own warn points and reasons - No
Notify me if I am warned by a moderator - Active (Inline notification only)
Punishment: Remove ability to create content

This is what happens:

Member gets notification, but when he clicks on it, he gets message that he can’t read it. So member basically have no idea why he got notification on the first place. When he logs in, his text editor and all options for writing a post are disabled (not disabled - completely gone) and without any idea why. That is very confusing.
Also in his/her profile, member do not see red mark that he was banned. He can read forum and sent private messages which ultimately leads to filling moderator`s inbox with questions `what is going on`?

Allow all other non-protected groups to see their own warn points and reasons - Yes
Punishment: Remove ability to create content

Member can see his own warning points and warnings (this is something I would really like to avoid). In inline notification text `Availability to create content removed for xy hours/days` is very small and easy not to notice. Also interface for posting just disappears (confusing).
The only time that warning exist is when member tries to open a new topic. Also member is still able to send PMs.

Allow all other non-protected groups to see their own warn points and reasons - No
Punishment: Moderate content

Again same thing with inline notification, member can see notification but can not access it. He can't see in his profile that he is under moderation queue and again he can send pm`s.

Same as above, punishment: Suspension (on example, permanent ban)

If member still have active moderation queue in his profile (marked with red) adding one more mark is making him/her `Baned`. Is there a possibility to set that perma ban can overwrite other punishments? Or at least that only last punishment is visible. The bigger problem is that member can’t see reason for ban and for how long it will last. He also see his notification but it won’t load (bug?).

Here is the list of some other questions I have:

- Is there any way to point out to the user that he/her can not write (instead of disappearing post writing interface)? (For example to be visible but disabled for use, like transparent or something)?
- Is there any way to remove notification system for members when it is set to OFF? Right now it says `You don't have permission for this to read`. Member should not receive any kind of notification.
- Is there a possibility to enable members to see under what kind of punishment are they (disabled posting etc) in their profile, even if warning system is set to OFF?
- Is there any way for moderators (or those without ACP permission) to punish or restrict users if we turn warning system off?
- When after some time warning system is off moderator can still read informations after clicking on `xy warning points`?
- Some way that highlight information's about punishments in notifications, and/or some notification that member can see right after login or access forum (lets say like large announcement on top of page)? Can those announcements be editable to contain more information?
- Is there an option to disable reading/writing private messages for punished members?
- Will option to delete and/or edit and/or revoke warnings one by one be available in the future releases?
- Maybe there is an option to make warning points not visible but still to leave members an option to see their warnings in profile?
- Where can Administrators edit Post Options window or disable it?
- I disabled signatures for complete forum but they are still visible for some members and I can only edit them from their profile. Why?

Thank you in advance.

• 4 months later...

Archived