File name: Crumbies
Submitter: Marcher Technologies
Submitted: 09/29/2012
Category: Utilities
Demo : http://www.marchertech.com
Discussion URL :
Supported Versions: 0
Support Info : Topic Support

This Is A Fully-Featured Secondary Navigation(AKA breadcrumbs) Management Application.
The Ability To Manipulate the Breadcrumb on *any* front-end url within the IPB Wrapper is available within this application, both from the ACP *and* with a Live Breadcrumb Editor to manipulate the breadcrumb while browsing similar to IPSEO Meta Tag Editing.
Have 'Breadcrumb' trails you want to modify or remove? This application does that.
Want to add base 'crumbs' to any number of applications, or all? This application does that.
Be no longer bound to the breadcrumb trail coded into x random application/mod... Control it without touching source files.
1.0.3+ Is Compatible with IPB 3.4.x, be sure to grab 1.0.2 from previous versions if still on IPB 3.2/3.3

View File

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By hand as of this version, you can manipulate any specific url's breadcrumbs.
That said, I realize how tedious such can be for *every* url, so I am coding in the option to define *sticky* crumbs with some controls of limitation(app likely, all or one base crumb used).
Wildcard crumbs, that is to say Wildcard * by url, proved extremely unreliable, inconsistent and uncontrollable in testing, thus are not supported in this application.
I also must note, that by very design, any url this is used on will have only the defined crumbs(to support removal of all crumbs on any given page)... so *sticky* is going to be interesting :tongue:

Purchased and installed as i really need breadcrumbs for pages.

A couple of issues / feedback points....

Firstly the template bit was not created in either the custom skin or the default (which is renamed, so not sure if that is the issue) - so installed on a test site, which currently just has the default skin and this worked, so manually created the template on the live skins.

Secondly there is no way to alter the order of breadcrumbs (AFAIK) - so in order to add a breadcrumb you have to remove then, add your new breadcrumb, then re-add in the current breadcrumbs. Would be nice to be able to insert a breadcrumb further up the line or re-order them.

Purchased and installed as i really need breadcrumbs for pages.

A couple of issues / feedback points....

Firstly the template bit was not created in either the custom skin or the default (which is renamed, so not sure if that is the issue) - so installed on a test site, which currently just has the default skin and this worked, so manually created the template on the live skins.

Secondly there is no way to alter the order of breadcrumbs (AFAIK) - so in order to add a breadcrumb you have to remove then, add your new breadcrumb, then re-add in the current breadcrumbs. Would be nice to be able to insert a breadcrumb further up the line or re-order them.

The skin key of your default skin *must* be default, rebuild from xml after checking that, firstly(see sig, this is the second time you have had this issue, it is localized to your install).
Secondly, inserting further *up* is available... re-ordering with the functionality added on this dynamic(no id's) table proved to be a bleeding pain, so not in this version at a minimum.
1.0.1 Released:
What's New in Version 1.0.1 (See full changelog)
  • Moved frontend editor UP.
  • Url Type-ahead fields using the Quick Navigation API.
  • Sticky Crumbs, crumbs that add to the beginning of the navigation trail in all applications, or any specific application(s), added, with type-ahead application selection.

Basically, sticky crumbs with no apps => sticky crumbs with THIS app selected => any custom or normal crumbs.
This application will now gladly suggest url's from your installed applications, and links within those application's quick navigation extension.

Hi Marcher :smile:

Sorry to ask that, but... I actually didn't understand the use of that mod... What is it for, more especially ? Could I have a demo ? @_@

Thanks x_x

the demo... is present.
I removed my breadcrumbs here with it, added Home -> here, here, and here (well, that specific page I removed some as well :tongue: ) via sticky crumbs.
It affords admin granular control of the infamously Developer-chosen breadcrumb/secondary navigation trail:
post-201612-0-65472600-1349279183_thumb.
It also presents a unique type-ahead url suggestions interface from your quicknav/apps.

I need to note this, will add to readme and file description in the next version(sticky crumbs per ccs page is one of the features planned for that):
While many skins fully Work As Intended, and they all work, some specific skins using a custom icon or special padding for the default forums crumb, when custom crumbs have been applied, will lose said icon, or look 'odd'. There truly is nothing I can do about this other than recommend adjusting the padding in the latter case, as full control of the breadcrumb demands that when custom 'crumbs' have been applied, the default forums crumb must go.

I need to note this, will add to readme and file description in the next version(sticky crumbs per ccs page is one of the features planned for that):

While many skins fully Work As Intended, and they all work, some specific skins using a custom icon or special padding for the default forums crumb, when custom crumbs have been applied, will lose said icon, or look 'odd'. There truly is nothing I can do about this other than recommend adjusting the padding in the latter case, as full control of the breadcrumb demands that when custom 'crumbs' have been applied, the default forums crumb must go.

Anyway to change the styling of the crumbs your app adds?

Anyway to change the styling of the crumbs your app adds?

They are completely indistinguishable from any other breadcrumb, ergo, skinning the .breadcrumb *is* how you style them.
This was done primarily as
A: I have little choice on the matter(adding a custom class or something is *so* not as easy as you would think).
B: Will look 'natural' on most all skins.

They are completely indistinguishable from any other breadcrumb, ergo, skinning the .breadcrumb *is* how you style them.

This was done primarily as

A: I have little choice on the matter(adding a custom class or something is *so* not as easy as you would think).

B: Will look 'natural' on most all skins.

Sorry I misread your previous post. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

One more question before pulling the trigger on the purchase button.

I don't really need to add any crumbs, but I need to remove the "Articles" crumb from the articles system.

The articles system is in root and right now it generates crumbs such as Articles > Category > Title. So all I want to do is remove that base crumb without altering any subsequent ones. Is this possible?

Also for databases, I assume I would only have to edit the page where the db is parsed, and not each record/category page and so forth? To add a sticky crumb?

Archived