Recent Posts

Aiwa

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Recent Posts

File Submitter: Aiwa

File Submitted: 22 Sep 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Adds recent posts to the top of your Board Index.

ACP Settings allow you to control how many recent posts you want to display in the block. You can also control the title and limit of how many characters you want to display for the topic titles.

Easily adjust between a 2 or 3 column layout with the toggling of a setting.

For support, please create an account then submit a ticket.

here to download this file

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you think it's a good idea :)
Change the hook point ? What do you mean ?

Another idea : have the possibility to chose wich forum's posts to display. Actually, the best thing would, I beleive, be a per-user setting, or a per-group setting (let the user chose wich forums replies he wants to show, or fix wich forums replies will be listen, per group). But maybe that's a bit too much hard ?

Does this hook integrate new topics, or only replies ?

This will put it at the bottom...
ACP > Manage Hooks > Select the Pencil next to the hook > Files tab > Change the Hook 'ID' to showTotals, prestart.if

This hook shows the last X topics that have had activity.. So if the last 2 posts on your board were in the same topic, you only see the topic once with whoever posted last...

It currently shows you new content based on your forum permissions, so you won't see topics / posts in forums that you aren't allowed to normally see... I could change it to allow each user to control where the block gets its content... I'll put that on the list of future enhancements...

Easy...

Open the skin template.. ACP > Look and Feel > Select your skin > Board Index > kc_recent_posts... Find this

<if test="( $this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 2 ) == $k">

</div>

<div class="kc_post_wrap right" style="width:50%;">

</if>

Change the ' / 2 ' to ' / 3 '

You're still limited to the setting in the ACP being an even number... So if you want 3 rows, you'll have to pick somethings that's even and divisible by 6.

Easy...

Open the skin template.. ACP > Look and Feel > Select your skin > Board Index > kc_recent_posts... Find this

<if test="( $this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 2 ) == $k">

</div>

<div class="kc_post_wrap right" style="width:50%;">

</if>

Change the ' / 2 ' to ' / 3 '

You're still limited to the setting in the ACP being an even number... So if you want 3 rows, you'll have to pick somethings that's even and divisible by 6.

Changed 2 to 3 and works not - in settings put to show 18 posts...

Replace the first 2 if statements in the <foreach> with these...

<if test="$k == 0">

<div class="kc_post_wrap left" style="width:33.3%;">

</if>

<if test="( ($this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 3 )  == $k ) || ( ( ($this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 3)*2) == $k) ">

</div>

<div class="kc_post_wrap right" style="width:33.3%;">

</if> 

Replace the first 2 if statements in the <foreach> with these...

<if test="$k == 0">

<div class="kc_post_wrap left" style="width:33.3%;">

</if>

<if test="( ($this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 3 ) == $k ) || ( ( ($this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 3)*2) == $k) ">

</div>

<div class="kc_post_wrap right" style="width:33.3%;">

</if>

works perfect - thanks!

regards

bosss

Oh, and for the above, 3 wide... This is the correct code..

<if test="$k == 0">

<div class="kc_post_wrap left" style="width:33.3%; float: left;">

</if>

<if test="( ($this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 3 ) == $k ) || ( ( ($this->settings['kc_recent_posts_limit'] / 3)*2) == $k) ">

</div>

<div class="kc_post_wrap right" style="width:33.3%; float: left;">

</if>

Most recent posts in forums that the user viewing has permission to see.

It does not work correctly. It is not updating to more recent posts. This has been confirmed by all my users. Newer posts are not getting put up there and it seems to put a smackery of various dates of posts from the last week.

I used 10 for # and it puts up posts all the way back from Sept. 21. There have been dozens of posts later than that obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you so much for the update. I had a query and a feature request:

1. Can you tell me the hook changes (I am very new to vB) so that I can put it above the forum box in the left column instead of full width.

2. Feature Request: forum name listing along with time.

My third request was three columns which you have already confirmed that a future update would include.

Again, thanks for this mod! I miss not having iSpy for vB for IPB. This is a great replacement.

Archived