Community

Adriano Faria

Custom Profile Field Per User Group

When I go to a profile field I don't get any way to select usergroups. Instead I see this:

Allowed Groups 22,26,4,5,11,18,10,12,2,20,3,8,9,6,25,17,21,7,14,16,23,19,13,1,15
Only users from selected groups will can fill this field

Visible to 22,26,4,5,11,18,10,12,2,20,3,8,9,6,25,17,21,7,14,16,23,19,13,1,15
Only users from selected groups will can see this field

Help?

EDIT: Argh, and this app is also completely broken. Great.

Refund, please. You should really take this app down until you fix it. It's messed up that you still have it for sale when you know it's junk.

In the custom profile field's settings. Like, right where I would presume the group selection boxes would be. Instead of a box with a list of groups it just outputs the usergroup IDs and they cannot be edited.

Adriano, the hook disables edit of the custom fields completely when enabled. Only when is not active or disabled one can edit an information. It would work great if it worked.

Too bad it does not.

Adriano, the hook disables edit of the custom fields completely when enabled. Only when is not active or disabled one can edit an information. It would work great if it worked.
Too bad it does not.

Missed this post.

Made this in september/2012 and obviously I don't use all resources I do. I'll make some tests.

Did I just buy a broken app? Gotta test this thing out!

If it has any issue, post in support topic and wait for a feedback/update. Report a file as broken without try support first won't solve anything and IPS will remove the broken flag.

Make your tests.

I haven't done/reported anything! I mainly made a statement, saying I was going to test it out, based on the other comments in here claiming it was broken, because I do not believe it is broken!

Hi Adriano,

I've paid for and am using two of your Hooks:

Custom Profile Field Per User Group

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

User Groups in Register Form & Control Panel

When I enable the hook for Custom Profile Field Per User Group - all my custom fields for that specific user group disappear.

Both are made by you. Are they compatible with one another. I'm running the latest version of IPB and also using Nexus but not using a Nexus Registration page. If I disable the Custom Profile Field Per User Group hook, the fields re-appear. I also have Classifieds installed.

Is my problem the same as everyone else's? Do you just need to update the Custom Profile Field Per User Group hook?

Please get back to me on this ASAP.

Thanks

Hi Adirano,

First off thank you for responding so quickly. I logged into my ACP went to Manage Hooks and saw your name beside both Hooks. I naturally assumed they were both written by you. I now realize that Pete T. must have taken it over:

User Groups in Register Form & Control Panel.

Go check out this thread:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/402386-custom-profile-fields-not-showing-up-on-member-settings-page-after-editing-profile/

It describes the issue with pics. I don't think the problem is with User Groups in Register Form & Control Panel, but rather with Custom Profile Field Per User Group. When I disable the Custom Profile Field Per User Group hook (yours), all my custom fields re-appear.

I think someone else (-LiloBzH-) posted the same problem a year ago but I would have thought it would have been fixed by now. Is there anything you can think of that I may try to get it to work?

BTW - I tried to re-arrange the order of both these hooks and nothing helps. The only thing that does is disabling your hook. I don't know of any other hook that allows me to display custom profile fields to specific members of a particular group.

Correct - When you click on Edit My Profile - not only do the custom fields disappear but also all the normal fields such as Contact Information, Gender etc..

I'm sending you a PM which includes a link to a video that shows the problem.

Let me know if you find the problem.

Thanks,

John

Hi Adriano,

Here is a link to the topic I created before posting here in this support section. I referred to this post but never included the link. Sorry about that:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/402386-custom-profile-fields-not-showing-up-on-member-settings-page-after-editing-profile/

It has screenshots but the video I sent you last night via PM shows the problem in much more detail.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

John

Hi Adriano,

Here is a link to the topic I created before posting here in this support section. I referred to this post but never included the link. Sorry about that:

It has screenshots but the video I sent you last night via PM shows the problem in much more detail.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

John

Follow the file. You'll get notified when it's updated.

Hi Adriano,

Thanks for getting back to me. As in any project, we have a list of steps we need to take before we move on with the development of the site. This issue is critical for us before we can move on. Do you have any idea how long it will take before you can take a look at the problem and fix it?

A couple hours, a day, a week?

On a side note, I noticed you're from Brazil. You must have had a lot of fun being at the center or the World Cup.

Let me know about the hook.

Thanks

Freaking Adriano!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I just got the file. I deleted the old hook and installed the new one. Everything works as it should. What a great response time too. Serious, very few developers would work on something so quickly.

Muito Obrigado!!!

John

Freaking Adriano!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I just got the file. I deleted the old hook and installed the new one. Everything works as it should. What a great response time too. Serious, very few developers would work on something so quickly.

Muito Obrigado!!!

John

What's New in Version 1.0.2:

• Fixed permission on editing Custom Fields

Hi Adriano,

i need your help desperatly... This means very much to us that this addon works as intended.

The install was OK!

But when I create Costum Profile Fields - The Permission Boxes are missing and after creation there are only the Group IDs Visible...

post-126473-0-70333800-1409310155_thumb.

post-126473-0-03040800-1409310167_thumb.

Please fix this...

puss-in-boots-00-645-75.jpg

Best regards

Eli.

Hi Adriano,

i need your help desperatly... This means very much to us that this addon works as intended.

The install was OK!

But when I create Costum Profile Fields - The Permission Boxes are missing and after creation there are only the Group IDs Visible...

attachicon.gifatcreation.JPG

attachicon.gifaftercreation.JPG

Please fix this...

puss-in-boots-00-645-75.jpg

Best regards

Eli.

This is not related to the hook itself. It uses the settings just like any other hook.

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

Try another hook with settings to see if it remains.