Community

pezza

Simples

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Simples

File Submitter: pezza

File Submitted: 12 Sep 2012

File Category: Color Change Skins

Introducing Simples - Now fully supported for 3.4.6!

Simples is a professional, customizable skin from IPBSkinning // Click here for a live preview

....And it's absolutely packed full of features:

%7Boption%7D%7Boption%7D

How easy is the slider to change?

The simples slider has been 100% worked in with the skins control panel. Sliders are typically cumbersome to alter, however the simples slider is ready to go. Settings for the slider alone include:

• Width/Height
  • Global or Index only slider
  • Delay time (change the delay time between each slide change)
  • Animated Captions
  • Links
  • Enable/disable individual slides, captions or images

And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Other features include:
  • Social Media Icons
  • Text and Image Logos
  • Custom Icons throughout
  • Free future updates
  • Should also work with most third party applications.
  • A HUGE documentation including images, detailing how to do everything. The admin panel itself is fully labelled with instructions.

Simples is compatible with:
  • IP.Board
  • IP.Calendar
  • IP.Downloads
  • IP.Blog
  • IP.Content
  • IP.Nexus
  • IP.Gallery
  • IP.Chat

See all this in action over at the demo board. You can also take a peak at the documentation for the skin and a full view of the skin cp.

Thank you for taking the time to look at our skin.

@IPBAlex

here to download this file

Can the slider be integrated with ip.Content to pull the image and text from the articles?

At the moment this is not possible no. However, thank you very much for the suggestion and I will add it into things to look at for upcoming updates :)

The slider would be excellent as a hook by itself into standard IPB. I would be willing to pay for just that feature alone. I like using a std IPB skin with just different colours. Anyway, nice work and very well done.

Danny.

True. Anyway, I bought the skin and will play with it to see if it fits my needs. Nonetheless, great job on this simple but excellent skin!

I get this error when trying to import the images:

The slider would be excellent as a hook by itself into standard IPB. I would be willing to pay for just that feature alone. I like using a std IPB skin with just different colours. Anyway, nice work and very well done.

Danny.

I have thought about this and will give it consideration for the future. At the moment, it's a unique selling point for simples :)

True. Anyway, I bought the skin and will play with it to see if it fits my needs. Nonetheless, great job on this simple but excellent skin!

I get this error when trying to import the images:

I've got a feeling this is a timeout issue as for an IPB image file it's pretty large. However it seems to have worked fine for others.

If you extract the file you should be able to upload the files manually. Otherwise, send me an email and I'll sort it out for you :)

I've got a feeling this is a timeout issue as for an IPB image file it's pretty large. However it seems to have worked fine for others.

If you extract the file you should be able to upload the files manually. Otherwise, send me an email and I'll sort it out for you :smile:

Correct. By uploading it to the server everything went well. :)

Hi!

I recently purchased this wonder of a skin, and having a slight issue with it.

On the navigation bar, I do not get the red background behind my links when I hover them, or at the current active page. This leads to it just being plain white text on white background.

The same applies to the "Start New Topic"-button and other buttons that use that background.

I can also add that I had the same problem as Ely R., but this was fixed by uploading the .xml-file to the server and installing from there :smile:

Edit: Silly me! I had removed the "Forum Colour" hex code, so of course it wasn't showing up... Looking great now, thanks!

Edited by Haavhk

Great Skin!! Is it possible to change the skins to an image that I choose? I need to match my main WordPress site that has a different background image.

Thanks,

Thank you for making a great skin.

I'd like to extend the number of images in the slider. Would that be something I could do?

Thanks for you assistance.

Thank you for making a great skin.

I'd like to extend the number of images in the slider. Would that be something I could do?

Thanks for you assistance.

Hi there,

Yes this is possible and actually really easy. All the options are there in the admin panel :)

Great Skin!! Is it possible to change the skins to an image that I choose? I need to match my main WordPress site that has a different background image.

Thanks,

There's not an option for that in the admin panel but you could do it by altering the css. Maybe I'll include it in a future update :) Thank you and I'm glad you like the skin.

I've come across a major issue with the skin not working in IP.Gallery.

A lot of functionality is missing including the image slider for gallery thumbnails. A number of graphics aren't showing up or are missing for Gallery buttons and the layout has a few issues too. IP.Gallery is in such a state I'll have to disable it.

Any support appreciated.

After a few days looking at this with Invision Support they confirm it's a skin problem. I'm very close to getting my community online and this is quite a setback. This is where the promised support would be most welcome.

Regards.

Looking through the Simples Skin images I've noticed there is no folder for Gallery, Blog, Downloads etc as appears in the Master Skin directory for the IP Default Skin. Perhaps this is why they are missing! Also, I mentioned to you before that while looking at a lot of the templates etc you've edited you still got a lot of the image icons hardcoded to be pulled from your website rather than the skin image directory. Some of those images do exist in the Simples skin directory. Even the global.css and slider files are coming from your website rather the Simples directory.

The skincode and image directories need tidying up and so far are only operating because your website is up. Just a guess but it feels like you've exported the wrong skin files for download...perhaps your development set?

If any other users of this skin need some help please feel free to PM me and I'll try to point you in the right direction if I've come across the same issue.

Hi Gravi5tar,

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

This skin is still very much supported. I will be updating this skin to ipb 3.4 over the Christmas period and therefore will ensure that these bugs are fixed.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know

Don't hold your breath guys, I bought a custom skin from this guy and he failed to deliver.

His attention to detail and quality control are non-existent. I gave up in the end.

That's what you get when demand exceeds supply for high quality skin designers.

This skin is now fully updated to work with 3.4.3.

If you're upgrading, simply delete the image and skin files, and upload the new ones. The admin panel stays exactly the same, no need to do anything with that.

Alex :)

I have thought about this and will give it consideration for the future. At the moment, it's a unique selling point for simples smile.png

If you extract the file you should be able to upload the files manually. Otherwise, send me an email and I'll sort it out for you smile.png

Has this been done yet? I really just want the silder as I been looking for one that works well out of the box for years! :D