Signature in Profile

MadMikeyB

• 4 months later...

If you click the signature on a member's profile, it opens 3 tabs with the signature (Firefox 18.0.1, Board 3.4.2). In Chrome it opens just 1 tab.

Click what, exactly? All this does is insert the existing signature data into the users profile - it adds no links or anything like that. :)

Oh right sorry, forgot to say the signature has images. Clicking the images on the signature shown on the member profile, that's what opens browser tabs with the clicked image.

(The signature doesn't have any links, it's just the img bbcode)

And if you click the signature image in a users posts - does it exhibit the same behaviour? Honestly, this sounds very odd.

I know, it's very strange, because no, it doesn't happen if I click the signature image in a post.

Now, if I add a link to the image, obviously it opens the link I set when I click it in the profile, no tabs with just the image unless I remove the link.

I also have some custom profile fields that show up above the signature in the profile, maybe that could be something.

Anyhow, it's not a big deal, I just wanted to let you know, it's a nice hook and I'll keep using it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived