Quiz System

MadMikeyB

I'm getting the following error as soon as I try to add a category or do anything with quiz system.

local host driver error
There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

I've installed it on two different computers and got the same error, in the first setup I had IP.board 3.3.4, windows 7 with php 5.3 and the other computer tested was IP.Board 3.4 Beta 5, windows 2008 server with php 5.4. While I'm new and still testing IP.Board, everything else seems fine, not sure what's going on here, I tried turning on debug mode but it showed nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Okay, I assume this is on a WAMP / XAMMP localhost? If so, open up your IPB directory, navigate to /cache/ and open up sql_error_latest.cgi.

Paste that in [code] tags into this topic for me, please, and I'll be able to hopefully troubleshoot. :smile:

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I assume this is on a WAMP / XAMMP localhost? If so, open up your IPB directory, navigate to /cache/ and open up sql_error_latest.cgi.

Paste that in

tags into this topic for me, please, and I'll be able to hopefully troubleshoot. :smile:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 04:50:43 +0000
 Error: 1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'category_id' at row 1
 IP Address: ::1 - /forums/admin/index.php?adsess=97119b794f2137d7a251d0b53c333264&app=quiz&module=categories&section=categories&do=add
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ipb_quiz_categories (`category_id`,`category_name`,`category_image`,`category_seotitle`,`category_display_order`) VALUES('','Mark','http://localhost/forums/uploads/quiz-cat-mark-1551566c65e29e255489a5b37b1466b9.png','mark',0)
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | C:My DocumentsDocumentsWordpressTestSiteforumsips_kernelclassDb.php  | [ipsBackup_db].query                                                          | 1245              |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | C:My DocumentsDocumentsWordpressTestSiteforumsips_kernelclassDbMysql.php| [ipsBackup_db]._determineShutdownAndRun                                       | 274               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | C:My DocumentsDocumentsWordpressTestSiteforumsadminsourcesclassesbackupdb.php| [db_main_mysql].insert                                                        | 122               |
 | C:My DocumentsDocumentsWordpressTestSiteforumsadminapplications_addonotherquizsourcesclassesquiz_model_categories.php| [ipsBackup_db].insert                                                         | 50                |
 | C:My DocumentsDocumentsWordpressTestSiteforumsadminapplications_addonotherquizmodules_admincategoriescategories.php| [quiz_model_categories].save                                                  | 91                |
 | C:My DocumentsDocumentsWordpressTestSiteforumsadminapplications_addonotherquizmodules_admincategoriescategories.php| [admin_quiz_categories_categories].addCategory                                | 20                |
 | C:My DocumentsDocumentsWordpressTestSiteforumsadminsourcesbaseipsController.php| [admin_quiz_categories_categories].doExecute                                 | 306               |
Actually using IIS 7.0 (site has a lot of .net stuff also) on localhost. Looks like category_id is being set a good old null value.

Actually using IIS 7.0 (site has a lot of .net stuff also) on localhost. Looks like category_id is being set a good old null value.

Ah, you're running MySQL strict. The dev copy of teams that I'm working on right now is handling most of those issues.

For now, open up /admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/sources/classes/quiz_model_categories.php - find

public function save($data)

In this function you should see

'category_id'				=> '',

go ahead and change that to

'category_id'				=> 0,

I do suspect that you're going to run into more errors, though, due to MySQL strict. Like I said, the next version should fix most of these incompatiblities.

I recently had a member tell me that on Internet Explorer, if he answers one question on a quiz and clicks submit (and if the answer is correct), he gets a 100% on the quiz.

I confirmed this tonight on my own computer and it does this for IE but not for chrome, which I typically use.

Maybe this is what people on your website are able to do?

Ah, you're running MySQL strict. The dev copy of teams that I'm working on right now is handling most of those issues.

For now, open up /admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/sources/classes/quiz_model_categories.php - find

public function save($data)

In this function you should see

'category_id'				=> '',

go ahead and change that to

'category_id'				=> 0,

I do suspect that you're going to run into more errors, though, due to MySQL strict. Like I said, the next version should fix most of these incompatiblities.

That did fix the issue with adding a category, but as you suspected, I soon ran into another issues when I tried to add a quiz, so I'll wait till the next version.

Any idea when that version will be?

While I'm here, some features I'd like to see are permissions on categories and quizzes (mainly the ability to control which categories and quizes are viewable to a particular user group), and being able to format questions and answers to include images, text colour etc. much like the editor options when making ipboard posts.

Thanks

I recently had a member tell me that on Internet Explorer, if he answers one question on a quiz and clicks submit (and if the answer is correct), he gets a 100% on the quiz.

I confirmed this tonight on my own computer and it does this for IE but not for chrome, which I typically use.

Maybe this is what people on your website are able to do?

I'll look into this issue.

Allow users to re-take quizzes? No

Another question:

How to manage from ACP Quiz Manager if you have around 100++ quiz added. On the Acp only showing 25.

Thank you

Hi,

Requesting 404 error page for url domain/index.php?app=quiz&module=quiz&section=quiz&do=view&id=

and domain/index.php?app=quiz&module=quiz&section=quiz&do=addAnswers&qid=XXX where XXX enever exist

thanks

I'll look into these issues as well.

That did fix the issue with adding a category, but as you suspected, I soon ran into another issues when I tried to add a quiz, so I'll wait till the next version.

Any idea when that version will be?

While I'm here, some features I'd like to see are permissions on categories and quizzes (mainly the ability to control which categories and quizes are viewable to a particular user group), and being able to format questions and answers to include images, text colour etc. much like the editor options when making ipboard posts.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll see if I can add those features in a future version. :)

Does the Quiz System also work with 3.4?

Yes, it should do.

I have the following question - if I would like to promote a quiz to facebook I receive the message that I have Java script deactivated.....all other facebook like actions on my page are working. Do you have any idea for that issue? As an additional information to this issue. I had this same issue with the Garage mod from Michael (www.devfuse.com) and the solution was to fill in a description for the garage and to deliver no empty filed to Facebook. All my quiz do not have an empty description but this doesn't help.....any idea?

2nd question I would like to ask is the explanation for that topic in admin cp:

Enable per-quiz score based usergroup promotions?

What is meant with that - could you please explain in detail for me? Thanks a lot!

Hi Mikey,

maybe you could spend some time on my first issue - sharing the quiz on Facebook. Thanks for your support!

Also,

I just exported 15 of the quizzes made on my site by me and other members and attached the link here if anyone wants them. They may/may not be perfect but at least its something. They are all between 5-20 questions - some are timed and some are not.

Subjects:
1990s Trivia
Classic Video Games
Halo Brain Teaser
Halo Series Knowledge
Harry Potter
Jersey Shore
Super Mario
Nikita
Pokemon (Kanto)
The Beatles
The Simpsons
Twilight
Think Fast Vocabulary
US Constitution/Government
Walking Dead Season 1

All I ask if you d/l them is to keep the byline to my site in them - I think that's a fair trade :D :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79095055/ChatQuiz.rar

Also,

I just exported 15 of the quizzes made on my site by me and other members and attached the link here if anyone wants them. They may/may not be perfect but at least its something. They are all between 5-20 questions - some are timed and some are not.

Subjects:
1990s Trivia
Classic Video Games
Halo Brain Teaser
Halo Series Knowledge
Harry Potter
Jersey Shore
Super Mario
Nikita
Pokemon (Kanto)
The Beatles
The Simpsons
Twilight
Think Fast Vocabulary
US Constitution/Government
Walking Dead Season 1

All I ask if you d/l them is to keep the byline to my site in them - I think that's a fair trade :D :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79095055/ChatQuiz.rar

This made my day. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :)

I am having this error when I enter the Quiz System ..

[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for 
foreach() in 
/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/applications_addon/ips/downloads/extensions/search/engines/sql.php 
on line 55[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
information - headers already sent by (output started at 
/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/applications_addon/ips/downloads/extensions/search/engines/sql.php:55) 
in 
/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php 
on line 114[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/applications_addon/ips/downloads/extensions/search/engines/sql.php:55) 
in 
/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php 
on line 127[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 136[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 137[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 141[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in Unknown on line 0[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify 
header information - headers already sent by (output started at 
in Unknown on line 0

Can anyone help please ?

Is there a way I can put quiz - question and answer in spreadsheet CSV format or in excel and can convert into xml to import the same

Only XML's generated by Quiz are supported I'm afraid. If you can make a third party software application make the same structured XML then it would probably work but it's not something I can support.

Hi :smile:

I am having this error when I enter the Quiz System ..

[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for 
foreach() in 
/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/applications_addon/ips/downloads/extensions/search/engines/sql.php 
on line 55[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 114[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 127[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 136[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 137[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in 
on line 141[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header 
in Unknown on line 0[30-Dec-2012 22:59:15] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify 
header information - headers already sent by (output started at 
in Unknown on line 0

Can anyone help please ?

That looks like it's an issue with Downloads, not Quiz. None of those files are used by Quiz at all.

Archived