Quiz System

MadMikeyB

Again - thank-you goodjob.gif

I was very much half asleep when I installed this 7 hours ago...........

I hope to go away now, have some sleep and come back with a clearer mind :tongue: This is (has the intention) to not bug you before I RTFM first :tongue:

Not a problem ;) I hope you and your members enjoy it :)

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have installed the Quiz system, and when I click Quiz System i am presented with these errors

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php on line 95

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

I have installed the Quiz system, and when I click Quiz System i am presented with these errors

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php on line 95

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php:95) in/home/strumpet/public_html/colin/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Please apply the fix detailed here: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/368698-download-quiz-system/?p=2324458

A suggestion would be to be able to add an optional, more descriptive answer after the questions have been answered.

Like this for example...

Which is the biggest animal?

Elephant - Click it and get a "No".

Ant - Click it and get a "No".

Whale - Click it and get a "Yes" and a longer, descriptive answer about the whale on the result page.

Hi Mikey,

I am receiving the following Fatal Error message when clicking on the Quiz Application on the front-end.

Fatal error: Call to a member function allCategories() on a non-object in /home/proevoel/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php on line 110

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

The Welsh One

I have also found that no matter what you have the question and answer length set at, it makes no difference as it will still only add approx 300 characters..

Regards

colin

I thought that was fixed this version. I'll look into it.

Hi Mikey,

I am receiving the following Fatal Error message when clicking on the Quiz Application on the front-end.

Fatal error: Call to a member function allCategories() on a non-object in /home/proevoel/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php on line 110

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

The Welsh One

Recache your skins, this sounds like the templates didn't get imported on install.

A quick question for you.

Where can I obtain already created quiz's to import?

Thanks

Seeing as this is the first quiz system for ipb, any quizzes to import have to be off other ipb admins using the quiz system and willing to share their quizzes. One of my friends has set up an ip.downloads category on his site for quizzes, and most of mine are on there: http://www.defunctonline.com/forums/files/category/8-quizzes/ - you can download as a guest.

If you don't prefer that, i'll find some time to add a zip file of my quizzes to the main download.

Seeing as this is the first quiz system for ipb, any quizzes to import have to be off other ipb admins using the quiz system and willing to share their quizzes. One of my friends has set up an ip.downloads category on his site for quizzes, and most of mine are on there: http://www.defunctonline.com/forums/files/category/8-quizzes/ - you can download as a guest.

If you don't prefer that, i'll find some time to add a zip file of my quizzes to the main download.

Thanks for that.

So can I upload my quizzes to your friends site?

Thanks for that.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind, you could also upload them here (or PM me them) and I can add them to the main download as part of a big quiz .xml's zip file. Remember that your site URL is added to the quiz description :)

Thanks for that.

I am the owner of Defunct Online. Yes, you can upload your quizzes to the site. We would gladly host them for you. XML files are uploadable, so no need to zip or anything.

Obviously, for security reasons, only members can upload to the site. So you will have to join. If you do join, please send me (Kelson) a private message and I will put you in a user group which will not see advertisements.

Thanks for supporting my buddy Mikey, and I hope you enjoy his terrific quiz system!

Hello,

I read through all of the posts in this topic and I think I saw a post about this but now I can't find it. When I edit a user's quiz to add a timer, it makes the quiz made by me and not them.

Is there any way to correct this (or) an option to set the quiz author?

In addition to this, I have a question / suggestion about an associated hook.

On my board, I have another app where people can attack one another in an rpg type manner. Every time someone makes an attack, in the shoutbox app it posts "blablabla attacked blablabla and was successful" - a lot of people use the app because they see these posts and want to get involved. It would be cool to have a hook associated with this app where it says "Blablabla took the XYZ quiz and earned a 50%" or something along those lines.

Is this a possibility for the future or would this be an easy hook to create? Thank you!

Archived