Quiz System

MadMikeyB

error on new version with latest ipb

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/adminOutput.php on line 411

when deleting an answer to a quiz question?

Not seen this error, could you possibly PM me an admin login to your site so that I can see it in action and see if I can fix it?

Hello,

I'm not sure if anybody suggested this (probably) - but is it possible in future updates that multiple questions and/or multiple answers can be entered at once?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

That's something which I do want to add in a future version, yes, but I don't have any time-frame on such a modification. :)

Thanks,

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mikey,

This is from me..

1. If I am deleting the quiz from backend, but the link still can open causing " Driver Error" - There appears to be an error with the database. 404 problem ?

Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and answer_user_id=1 ORDER BY timestamp DESC LIMIT 0,1' at line 1 IP Address: xxx - /quiz/10-xxx/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT answer_key as "key" FROM ibf_quiz_answers WHERE quiz_id= and answer_user_id=1 ORDER BY timestamp DESC LIMIT 0,1 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/quiz/quiz.php | [public_quiz_quiz_quiz].showQuiz | 18 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_quiz_quiz_quiz].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

2. If I edit a user quiz name from backend, it become my quiz. Not that user anymore

3. User cannot edit their own question or answer if miss typo and important things to change ? using timing edit time ?

4. We should have help section how to use it - url/index.php?app=core&module=help

5. Swicth the quiz owner ?

6. multi answer

7. essay maybe :)

8. levelling, after can answer first question, if correct second question comes up. not displaying all question (they can google it before they take the quiz, make sense ?)

thanks

Thanks for your response. I have two more questions (for now) -

Can users set a time on their quizzes? I can't find the option on the front side. Or do I have to set the time on quizzes in the admin panel each time?

Can there be a universal time set for all quizzes by question amount? Like - 5 minutes for all 5 question quizzes etc? --> That question might be a little more complicated of course :)

Thank you very much.

Awesome job!

I have noticed ONE small "loop hole" with the timed quizzes deal especially when I have it set so the questions aren't visible until they click Take Quiz...

Users can click Take Quiz, take a look at all the questions and/or take a screen shot and then simply click home or close the page. They can then still go back in and take the quiz... users can do this multiple times to gather answers and then take the quiz once they have gathered the answers.

Know of any way to stop this?

Hi Mikey,

This is from me..

1. If I am deleting the quiz from backend, but the link still can open causing " Driver Error" - There appears to be an error with the database. 404 problem ?

Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and answer_user_id=1 ORDER BY timestamp DESC LIMIT 0,1' at line 1 IP Address: xxx - /quiz/10-xxx/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT answer_key as "key" FROM ibf_quiz_answers WHERE quiz_id= and answer_user_id=1 ORDER BY timestamp DESC LIMIT 0,1 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/quiz/quiz.php | [public_quiz_quiz_quiz].showQuiz | 18 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_quiz_quiz_quiz].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

2. If I edit a user quiz name from backend, it become my quiz. Not that user anymore

3. User cannot edit their own question or answer if miss typo and important things to change ? using timing edit time ?

4. We should have help section how to use it - url/index.php?app=core&module=help

5. Swicth the quiz owner ?

6. multi answer

7. essay maybe :smile:

8. levelling, after can answer first question, if correct second question comes up. not displaying all question (they can google it before they take the quiz, make sense ?)

thanks

I'll look into these issues, but could you possibly post them to my Tracker? http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/categories/7-quiz-system/ - this way I can deal with them faster, instead of sorting through this topic.

Thanks for your response. I have two more questions (for now) -

Can users set a time on their quizzes? I can't find the option on the front side. Or do I have to set the time on quizzes in the admin panel each time?

Can there be a universal time set for all quizzes by question amount? Like - 5 minutes for all 5 question quizzes etc? --> That question might be a little more complicated of course :smile:

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately Users cannot set their own timers yet, this is something I hope to add in the next version. Timers are Admin-Only for now, and you can set them from the Edit Quiz screen, and the Add Quiz screen in the AdminCP, as long as the setting for timers is enabled.

At the moment timers are per-quiz, and not per-question. I'll perhaps add this as an option in a future version but for now they are per-quiz.

Awesome job!

I have noticed ONE small "loop hole" with the timed quizzes deal especially when I have it set so the questions aren't visible until they click Take Quiz...

Users can click Take Quiz, take a look at all the questions and/or take a screen shot and then simply click home or close the page. They can then still go back in and take the quiz... users can do this multiple times to gather answers and then take the quiz once they have gathered the answers.

Know of any way to stop this?

My belief is that if someone really wants to find a way to cheat the system, chances are that they WILL cheat the system, no matter what I implement to stop it. As it is, this 'loop hole' is minor, and would require severe limitations to usability to 'fix'. Creating a 100% 'cheat proof' system is nigh impossible I'm afraid.

Mikey, Again as the OP for this quiz I want to say many thanks for this app. I have waited untill the Timer had been added to purchase. Not installed yet but also gaining knowledge from all the above queries :thumbsup: Again many thanks and I'm sure you have made quite a few happy.

Hey Mikey,

How does an end user edit their quizzes they create? I don't see an option anywhere.

Thanks,
-Don :smile:

They can change almost all options of the quiz from the Manage Quiz screen. There's no way for them to edit the quiz description from this page yet though.

Mikey, Again as the OP for this quiz I want to say many thanks for this app. I have waited untill the Timer had been added to purchase. Not installed yet but also gaining knowledge from all the above queries :thumbsup: Again many thanks and I'm sure you have made quite a few happy.

Maybe it would be useful to make a platform available for Quiz Exchange (depending on languages)?

This is something which would be nice, but I am not sure how it would be hosted, maybe on one of my existing sites or something.

Alternately you can simply share the XML's in this topic and I'll see if I can edit the first post.

I have the following question - if I would like to promote a quiz to facebook I receive the message that I have Java script deactivated.....all other facebook like actions on my page are working. Do you have any idea for that issue? As an additional information to this issue. I had this same issue with the Garage mod from Michael (www.devfuse.com) and the solution was to fill in a description for the garage and to deliver no empty filed to Facebook. All my quiz do not have an empty description but this doesn't help.....any idea?

2nd question I would like to ask is the explanation for that topic in admin cp:

Enable per-quiz score based usergroup promotions?

What is meant with that - could you please explain in detail for me? Thanks a lot!

How can we see what questions they got wrong when users took the quiz? I see we can see their results, but is there a place to see what questions they got wrong as an admin?

That should be on the Results page, shows you which questions you got wrong. As an Admin there's no general overview of who took what quiz, and what results they got, though. If you're the Quiz Starter, and you have the correct notification settings you should get a notificaiton with a link to the results page every time someone takes one of your quizzes.

I have the following question - if I would like to promote a quiz to facebook I receive the message that I have Java script deactivated.....all other facebook like actions on my page are working. Do you have any idea for that issue? As an additional information to this issue. I had this same issue with the Garage mod from Michael (www.devfuse.com) and the solution was to fill in a description for the garage and to deliver no empty filed to Facebook. All my quiz do not have an empty description but this doesn't help.....any idea?

2nd question I would like to ask is the explanation for that topic in admin cp:

Enable per-quiz score based usergroup promotions?

What is meant with that - could you please explain in detail for me? Thanks a lot!

The javascript issue, I've never seen this. I'll look into it further.

The per-quiz score based promotions is hard to explain, but once it clicks in your head it's easy to understand.

Okay, so say that I'm a user on your site, in the 'Newbies' usergroup. You create a quiz "Take me to be promoted to a member!", and set it so that if a user scores 50% or more, to promote that user to the "Members" group.

I take that quiz and score over 50%, Quiz will then promote me to the Members usergroup automatically. This is set per quiz and is great to use as a validation system, for example, or a rewards system.

Have an issue with moving the answers around, it does not work.

Looks like it is the same type of idea as where you can move hooks/apps around, but no go for me.

I use a ACP theme that is not standard, changed it back to standard and still no joy.

Idea's?

EDIT: Using Chrome 22.0.1229.96 m

Have an issue with moving the answers around, it does not work.

Looks like it is the same type of idea as where you can move hooks/apps around, but no go for me.

I use a ACP theme that is not standard, changed it back to standard and still no joy.

Idea's?

EDIT: Using Chrome 22.0.1229.96 m

Ah, that is working as intended. You actually cannot re-order answers, as those questions/answers are randomised on the quiz itself, so I removed re-ordering, but I didn't remove the drag handle.. I'll do that next version.

Ah, that is working as intended. You actually cannot re-order answers, as those questions/answers are randomised on the quiz itself, so I removed re-ordering, but I didn't remove the drag handle.. I'll do that next version.

Thank you, I was not sure if I was going crazy, or lost a few marbles...... thumbsu.gif

EDIT: Yes for those who are now laughing, I do admit it could be both :thumbsup:

And may I add a bug report

8133369197_036135dd24_o.png

Uh. Not a bug :tongue:

The /public/ directory included with the download only puts the timer image inside the public/style_images/master/ directory. You will need to upload the quiz directory with the image inside it to any custom skins which you have. :smile:

In your case, looks like you'll need to upload the quiz directory included in the public directory to your /public/style_images/tctc91_unlimited/ directory.

Uh. Not a bug :tongue:

The /public/ directory included with the download only puts the timer image inside the public/style_images/master/ directory. You will need to upload the quiz directory with the image inside it to any custom skins which you have. :smile:

In your case, looks like you'll need to upload the quiz directory included in the public directory to your /public/style_images/tctc91_unlimited/ directory.

Again - thank-you goodjob.gif

I was very much half asleep when I installed this 7 hours ago...........

I hope to go away now, have some sleep and come back with a clearer mind :tongue: This is (has the intention) to not bug you before I RTFM first :tongue:

Archived