Quiz System

MadMikeyB

Nice add-on and just purchased it, good job!

Couple of issues with it so far that if you can help would be much appreciated. The image below shows how it looks on our site:

post-114071-0-77914300-1347931415_thumb.

post-114071-0-73993400-1347932591_thumb.

I have added a quiz in the category 'History' but the left side does not show it. It says (0). Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it please? It is doing for this for several of the categories and it seems to do this if you rename one to a different name before you then add a quiz to it if this helps at all?

In addition to this is seems a little bit spaced out on the left side as can be viewed in the image. It is of course that this is caused by our custom skin. Do you know what I can adjust to make this look a little less empty/full of space and I think the title would be better being centered.

In addition to this when you view a quiz that needs to be published and press the 'publish' button it still shows a button saying 'publish'. Is this meant to be like this? Seems a little illogical to me.

I look forward to your help with this.

Sorry for the late reply, my topic subscription didn't notify me of the reply to this topic.

The skin issue.. you'd have to contact the author of that skin, If you look on my demo, you'll see those spaces there as well, this is how it was designed.

The publish button showing when the quiz is already published is a bug. I'll look into that. :)

What I am most concerned about is:

I have added a quiz in the category 'History' but the left side does not show it. It says (0). Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it please? It is doing for this for several of the categories and it seems to do this if you rename one to a different name before you then add a quiz to it if this helps at all?

This is what I would like addressed please.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted on the 18th September of an issue:

I really would appreciate a fix for this.

I posted on the 18th September of an issue:

I really would appreciate a fix for this.

I can't reproduce this.. I'm still looking into it. Could you provide some more detailed steps on how to reproduce this?

Hello

I've paid for and downloaded this file, nothing is showing under other apps in the admin panel so I can't set up categories etc

Thanks

Bob

Uh, I've never had that. Have you followed the installation ReadMe.html exactly? If you want to send me over an AdminCP or FTP login I'll be happy to look into this for you.

I've just uploaded version 1.0.3 of the Quiz System.

This release is a maintenance release, mainly bug fixes.

Below is a list of bugs which have been fixed:

- Issues fixed in version 1.0.3

Quiz System
#64 - [url= Quizzes Show Regardless of State http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/64-popular-quizzes-show-regardless-of-state/]Popular#65 - [url= Count includes Hidden Quizzes http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/65-category-count-includes-hidden-quizzes/]Category#66 - [url= question has no answers, foreach error http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/66-if-question-has-no-answers-foreach-error/]if#67 - [url= can't publish their own quizzes http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/67-members-cant-publish-their-own-quizzes/]Members#68 - [url= delete questions http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/68-cannot-delete-questions/]Cannot#113 - [url= still add quizzes if no categories exist http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/113-can-still-add-quizzes-if-no-categories-exist/]Can#114 - [url= Help System http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/114-add-help-system/]Add#115 - [url= Quiz button showing regardless of state http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/issue/115-publish-quiz-button-showing-regardless-of-state/]Publish#Azoun - [url= Counts Askewhttp://community.invisionpower.com/topic/368698-download-quiz-system/page__st__60#entry2314802]Category

Please check if this is fixed in 1.0.3, it should be, but can you please verify? thumbsup.png

I'm holding off for the timed quiz, otherwise, this will merely be a googlefest with everyone getting everything right. The way to do it is to allow the admin to set the amount of time then once it counts down to zero quiz is over and the user is locked out and given a score based on what they've answered. Once again, if you don't do it that way then people can go to google once they memorize the quiz questions and take it over and over thus taking the competition out of it.

I agree totally with this.... lets get a timer going on it and then im sure you will see a few more purchases :smile:.. plus the renewal seems a little steep, why so much ?

I agree totally with this.... lets get a timer going on it and then im sure you will see a few more purchases :smile:.. plus the renewal seems a little steep, why so much ?

Me too......

I have been holding off on buying this app only because of the no timer on quiz's.

A timer is something which I want to implement however it's no small thing. Not to mention that there's some confusion regarding this. Some people want the timer to submit the quiz after x minutes. Some want the timer to 'lock' all of the questions to answering after x minutes, and some want a timer which is per-question. Needless to say I need to not only evaluate HOW to implement, but the WHAT of what I'm implementing, too. No small thing. :)

As for your question regarding renewals, without a renewal fee, this app would cost double what it does currently to justify the amount of time and effort initially spent programming it, and maintaining it afterwards. So you could say that the renewal fee keeps the price as relatively low as it is. (relative to the amount of time i've put in and will continue to put in for support and future maintenance releases). I hope that answers that question :)

yes it does answer my questions. thanx... As for the time I would love to see a per question timer that would lock it after x amount of time in seconds..... maybe you could setup a vote ?? in reality all im looking for is a way to stop people from just cruizing google for answers and they either know it or not, but would def be purchasing once a timer of any kind is implimented but feel a per question one would work best :smile:

A timer is something which I want to implement however it's no small thing. Not to mention that there's some confusion regarding this. Some people want the timer to submit the quiz after x minutes. Some want the timer to 'lock' all of the questions to answering after x minutes, and some want a timer which is per-question. Needless to say I need to not only evaluate HOW to implement, but the WHAT of what I'm implementing, too. No small thing. :smile:

I totally understand that this is no small feat, and do appreciate everything you are doing to improve this for all of us nagging clients %7Boption%7D

I have absolutely no problems with the initial cost and/or renewal price, never have - I think it is fair and well worth the spend for something that will be fun for our community.

Thanks Mikey!

Believe it or not, the timer is why I haven't bought either.

I think the best solution would be time per question, as in:

User reads quiz info with a field added which says "Seconds allowed to answer per question: "X Seconds". Question 1 appears on screen with the answers. Timer is clearly displayed with a countdown that we set in ACP (X Seconds) and these seconds countdown. So, if I set it to 15, the page loads with the first question and starts counting down... 15...14...13... etc. until it hits 0. Now, if they select an answer and click submit before time runs out, new page loads with the 2nd question. If they DO NOT answer and hit submit and timer hits 0, next question is loaded and the answer to previous questions is logged as "not answered" thus giving them an "X" / "wrong answer" score.

That would be my opinion of the best solution but if anyone has another suggestion or better route I'd love to hear and discuss so we can provide the developer with the best solution.

• 2 weeks later...