Quiz System

MadMikeyB

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Quiz Manager I've a red error message - I think. Can't read ;)

post-148671-0-35050900-1347040887_thumb.

And: I can't delete answers. If I do there's a error message "Answer doesn't exist".

If I want to edit the answer there's a blank page.

post-148671-0-71838300-1347041039_thumb.

Thanks, I'll get those fixed.

I am actually talking more of permissions per category and per quiz. I knew you could set permissions for the entire system per member group as you indicated.

Okay, I'll see if I can get that added.

hey will this work on IPB 3.2 if so i will buy asap

Yes, from my brief tests, this works on 3.2.

Hi Mikey,

I was the OP who started this request and from what I have seen so far am very pleased. However (as with a few others) I do think a timed quiz is (for me anyway) essential. My members come from both sides of the pond and with time differences I can have 20 members googling with 20/20 answers before the other lot have woken up. The deciding factor for me is who answered the quickest. As soon as (hopefully) this can be implemented you'll have another purchase :smile: .

how do we pick which answer is the correct one as they all go to wrong

You have to click the cross icon, it should toggle the answer state to correct.

%7Boption%7D

I didn't upload any image.

You need to upload an image, that's a required field otherwise you get that error.

also my singature is not showing up on the front end

rememebr im on 3.2

The signature shows for me on the 3.2.0 I'm testing this on to check for 3.2 compatibility. Is the signature simply not showing at all, or is the signature showing incorrectly?

[img]

[/img]

there is what i see

also on 3.2.3

also not auto making topic's

The signature issue is a bug which I've fixed in the next release, if you'd like to patch that up manually please open /admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/quiz/quiz.php and find:

$quiz['avatar'] = IPSMember::buildDisplayData($quiz['quiz_starter_id']);

add below:

$quiz['avatar']['signature'] = IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->preDisplayParse($quiz['avatar']['signature']);

New topics do not appear to be working in 3.2, I don't think the library I used was included with 3.2. Please note that this was written for 3.3, and it's just by happy coincidence that it works on 3.2. I'll look into the topic generation.

i would like to see this tie into ibEconomy

either way love the mod

I've taken a look at ibEconomy plugins and have attempted to write one of them, had to shoot off a PM to the ibEconomy author, hopefully I can get one out soon, so that is in the pipeline, definitely.

I've just uploaded 1.0.1. Please note that this release is mainly bug fixes. No timer yet, I'm afraid.

What's been fixed?

• AdminCP Fully Phrased Up - all hard coded strings should've been removed / updated.
  • Missing error message added for the Answers AdminCP screen.
  • Added error message when category image isn't uploaded.
  • Added warning that the category image is required.
  • Signatures now display correctly.
  • Approve Quiz changed to "Publish Quiz", which now approves the quiz, posts the topic (if option enabled), and locks the quiz from further editting to prevent invalidation of answers.
  • When quiz is editted, category was blanked, fixed.

I created a category and the a question.

If you go to Manage Questions then Manager Answers and try to edit an answer - the answer is either deleted or you get a blank (Quiz Manager) page and you can not edit anything.

Sorry for the late reply, my topic subscription seems to have gone missing for this topic.

I'm looking into this issue :)

I created a category and the a question.

If you go to Manage Questions then Manager Answers and try to edit an answer - the answer is either deleted or you get a blank (Quiz Manager) page and you can not edit anything.

Thanks, I've fixed this now in 1.0.2. This was the only fix of this release, and again was a maintenance release. :)

YES ON BACK END but not on front end it works

I've identified the issue and have fixed it. I have updated the main download, but the version number has not changed.

If you upgraded to 1.0.2 before this post please re-download the package and simply reupload one file: /admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/skin_cp/cp_skin_answers.php

Nice add-on and just purchased it, good job!

Couple of issues with it so far that if you can help would be much appreciated. The image below shows how it looks on our site:

post-114071-0-77914300-1347931415_thumb.

post-114071-0-73993400-1347932591_thumb.

I have added a quiz in the category 'History' but the left side does not show it. It says (0). Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it please? It is doing for this for several of the categories and it seems to do this if you rename one to a different name before you then add a quiz to it if this helps at all?

In addition to this is seems a little bit spaced out on the left side as can be viewed in the image. It is of course that this is caused by our custom skin. Do you know what I can adjust to make this look a little less empty/full of space and I think the title would be better being centered.

In addition to this when you view a quiz that needs to be published and press the 'publish' button it still shows a button saying 'publish'. Is this meant to be like this? Seems a little illogical to me.

I look forward to your help with this.

Archived