Quiz System

MadMikeyB

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Mikey, Thanks for the email, as mentioned please find below the list of modifications i am looking forward to have .

1. Upload Image option per question

2. Have Combination of check boxes , radio buttons

3. Alignment of Answers text

3. Using PHP to generate a Bar chart image to the user to show him where he stands in terms of score with other participants who took the same quiz.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Mikey,

Awesome product. I have a couple of questions and hope they haven't already been asked/answered.

• Can I build a pool of a few hundred questions and have the quiz randomly pull say 50 of them, that way people can take it multiple times with different results?
  • On the results is there a way to reference/cite the correct answer tor the person to refer to?
  • Also like others I would love the ability to upload an image in the question or even embed a video.

Thanks for your hard work.

• 2 weeks later...

Feel stupid here, but how do you edit/delete a question? (before publishing)

From the AdminCP, go to the Quiz Manager and click Manage Questions. From this page you should be able to edit or delete the question.

Mikey,

Awesome product. I have a couple of questions and hope they haven't already been asked/answered.

• Can I build a pool of a few hundred questions and have the quiz randomly pull say 50 of them, that way people can take it multiple times with different results?

No, unfortunately not.

• On the results is there a way to reference/cite the correct answer tor the person to refer to?

The results page does say the correct answer and also the answer which the user chose.

• Also like others I would love the ability to upload an image in the question or even embed a video.

Thanks for your hard work.

I'll see what I can do for a future version. :)

From the AdminCP, go to the Quiz Manager and click Manage Questions. From this page you should be able to edit or delete the question.

Sorry, I meant from the front end, how a member making a quiz can edit/delete questions. (Just like a forum topic poll.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mikey,

Some select members and I are going through the Quiz System to see how everything works, everyone is impressed with it! Looks like we have one persistent problem though. Earlier you provided the code I needed to change in the Quiz System skin to stop the questions from showing before a user takes the quiz. I made that modification, but the answers are still showing. Is there something else I must do?

Any indication of when next release will be out?

Hope this will make it possible to edit/delete questions. We cannot use it without this functionality.

And include images. As far as I know, using images as questions is the only way of avoiding cheating by googling. Correct me if I'm wrong.. :smile:

I have had my members try it for the first time, and they don't see the timer. One member found that the timer ran out and she got the pink box saying the time had expired, and she had a score of zero. She is asking me to remove the score.

How would I do that? For now, since it's new, I will delete the quiz and re-import it, and will also require it to be in the description of the quiz (how many seconds and where the timer is).

Thanks for quick answer Mikey.

Cant you edit questions either? F.ex. if you discover that you have made a horrible spelling mistake.

Just added this as a feature from the front end.

Any indication of when next release will be out?

Hope this will make it possible to edit/delete questions. We cannot use it without this functionality.

You can already delete questions from the front end. I have just added editing functionality.

I have had my members try it for the first time, and they don't see the timer. One member found that the timer ran out and she got the pink box saying the time had expired, and she had a score of zero. She is asking me to remove the score.

How would I do that? For now, since it's new, I will delete the quiz and re-import it, and will also require it to be in the description of the quiz (how many seconds and where the timer is).

The timer is at the top right corner:

Screen_Shot_2013-03-31_at_08.58.34.png_%

possible bug in question number of character

if we change from 100 to 300 dont change in admin fields of previous question entered

I'm not sure what you're asking for here? I'm sorry - can you clarify?

Hello Mikey.

On the file's marketplace page, I see affirmative "Supported IPS Software Version: 3.3.x" mention.

But can you tell me if your application is also compatible with IP.B 3.4.3?
In case the answer is no, do you plan to make compatible with 3.4.x?

I'm particulary interested by your system!
I'm a very long time looking for a such application integrated with community software.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Archived