Invision Community

Quiz System

I have a thought about cheating...

It is now easy to cheat, which is of course very hard to prevent.

But a way to do this could be by only inserting the lowest result into the database.

As it is now, all entries from completeted quizzes are inserted into the database. Even when it is only allowed to perform the quiz once.

For exemple if user is going back to the answers again with the "Back" button in browser.

Could the SQL query be altered for completed quizzes to overwrite an entry instead of adding a new one. And only if the result is lower than previous entry.

That way any cheaters only get the first result shown or later result if it is lower on the second attempt.

As far as I know, if re-taking of quizzes is disabled, you should not be able to load the take quiz form again. Of course, the browsers back button makes this very hard to regulate, so I'll look into this.

Yeah, I had a little play with a quiz and was able to submit another entry on to the leaderboard.

Quiz completed
quiz-1.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' widt" alt="quiz-1.png">

Back button allowed me to ammend my answers and reset timer
quiz-2.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' widt" alt="quiz-2.png">

New leaderboard entry added
quiz-3.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' widt" alt="quiz-3.png">

Now I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about coding an application, because I haven't got a clue lol. There probabably won't be a way to stop people hitting the back button, but is there any way for the application to check if a user ID has already submitted a score to a quiz?

Apart from that Mikey, the quiz application is awesome and I'm getting some good feedback from my members :smile:

Yeah, I had a little play with a quiz and was able to submit another entry on to the leaderboard.

Quiz completed
%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/pauljones84/NWB Quiz Test/quiz-1.png

Back button allowed me to ammend my answers and reset timer
%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/pauljones84/NWB Quiz Test/quiz-2.png

New leaderboard entry added
%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/pauljones84/NWB Quiz Test/quiz-3.png

Now I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about coding an application, because I haven't got a clue lol. There probabably won't be a way to stop people hitting the back button, but is there any way for the application to check if a user ID has already submitted a score to a quiz?

Apart from that Mikey, the quiz application is awesome and I'm getting some good feedback from my members :smile:

we cannot see your pictures

Hello,

Just purchased, downloaded and installed this mod. Works great on my default IP.Board skin, but not on my custom skin (Animate from IPBSkins). This is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to a member function allCategories() on a non-object in /home/touchofd/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php on line 116

I made a test category but still the same issue.

Any advice?

EDIT:

Not sure what happened, but now it is working. Probably I did not add a quiz yet and that caused it?

Edited by badHabitZ

Hello,

Just purchased, downloaded and installed this mod. Works great on my default IP.Board skin, but not on my custom skin (Animate from IPBSkins). This is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to a member function allCategories() on a non-object in /home/touchofd/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/quiz/modules_public/categories/categories.php on line 116

I made a test category but still the same issue.

Any advice?

EDIT:

Not sure what happened, but now it is working. Probably I did not add a quiz yet and that caused it?

That happens when the skins did not recache correctly on installation. To be safe you could recache your skins. :)

Thanks, I will do so :)

So far I am loving this. But since I am going to give people rewards for completing quizzes, I need to make sure that the questions are NOT visible before starting the quiz. So when the timer starts to run, that's where I want people to see the questions. Is this possible or have I overlooked something?

Thanks, I will do so :smile:

So far I am loving this. But since I am going to give people rewards for completing quizzes, I need to make sure that the questions are NOT visible before starting the quiz. So when the timer starts to run, that's where I want people to see the questions. Is this possible or have I overlooked something?

To remove the Questions from view before taking the quiz, please see the template edit in this post.

Thanks! :)

Mikey (or anyone) gonna start to install on a test board tomorrow. I read that there is a PDF ? Can someone point me in the right direction please :smile:

Yes, there's a PDF of results, sort of a certificate, from the Show Results page.

I am getting an error in the admin panel when I go to add a quiz.

<strong>Warning</strong>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <strong>/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/adminOutput.php</strong> on line <strong>1844</strong>

Have you added any Quiz Categories?

I've uploaded 1.1.2, a maintenance release, to the marketplace.

It contains a miscellaneous bug fix but it mainly addresses the above security concern. It's recommended that you upgrade to this version to remain secure.

Thanks to valendono for bringing the issue to my attention.

I'm getting the following error as soon as I try to add a category or do anything with quiz system.

local host driver error
There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

I've installed it on two different computers and got the same error, in the first setup I had&nbsp;IP.board 3.3.4, windows 7 with php 5.3 and the other computer tested was IP.Board 3.4 Beta 5, windows 2008 server with php 5.4. While I'm new and still testing IP.Board, everything else seems fine, not sure what's going on here, I tried turning on debug mode but it showed nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.