Invision Community

Quiz System

Hello,

I read through all of the posts in this topic and I think I saw a post about this but now I can't find it. When I edit a user's quiz to add a timer, it makes the quiz made by me and not them.

Is there any way to correct this (or) an option to set the quiz author?

In addition to this, I have a question / suggestion about an associated hook.

On my board, I have another app where people can attack one another in an rpg type manner. Every time someone makes an attack, in the shoutbox app it posts "blablabla attacked blablabla and was successful" - a lot of people use the app because they see these posts and want to get involved. It would be cool to have a hook associated with this app where it says "Blablabla took the XYZ quiz and earned a 50%" or something along those lines.

Is this a possibility for the future or would this be an easy hook to create? Thank you!

Want to know answers to these 2 questions as well!

How would one limit the amount of quiz takers on the quiz page?

It now shows too many of them I think.

Maybe a top 10 would be nicer?

Not sure what you mean exactly? There's no way to limit those right now as it is a leaderboard. I may paginate it in future.

Hello,

I read through all of the posts in this topic and I think I saw a post about this but now I can't find it. When I edit a user's quiz to add a timer, it makes the quiz made by me and not them.

This is fixed in the next version which I'm just polishing up now and should have released today or tomorrow. :)

On my board, I have another app where people can attack one another in an rpg type manner. Every time someone makes an attack, in the shoutbox app it posts "blablabla attacked blablabla and was successful" - a lot of people use the app because they see these posts and want to get involved. It would be cool to have a hook associated with this app where it says "Blablabla took the XYZ quiz and earned a 50%" or something along those lines.

Shoutbox integration is something which I'd like to do, however now that that application is paid I'm not sure I'll be able to make it compatible with the latest versions. I can certainly take a look and see how easy it will be, but don't take this as a guarantee or promise. :)

Another bug seems to be when a timelimit is set by admin to a quiz and then wishes to remove the timelimit completely, this is not possible from the admin panel.

It say, it has to be 30 seconds or more...

This is fixed in 1.1.1, which I should be releasing today or tomorrow.

Another nice thing would be to get a prefix to the auto topic created in forum for a quiz.

I'll consider this for the next major update.

If I installed this new version, will it delete everything from 1.1.0, as I have quizzes set up

Nope. You should be able to run the upgrader and it wont remove anything..

I have a strange issue with my quiz on my community, while I have yet to go live (still in the testing stage), I see that on the main front page, it does not show how many quizzes there are in each category.

Here is a screenshot:

8146038319_92fdd2e8e1_o.png

Now on your main front page screenshot, it does show:

8146043209_ff718b78ed_o.png

Is there a SQL query I need to run?

Or maybe this can be added to the scheduler as a scheduled job?

Not sure what you mean exactly? There's no way to limit those right now as it is a leaderboard. I may paginate it in future.

As it is, you see everyone who has taken a quiz. As I am sure you want it to be.

On my boards, a few members felt embarrassed about their results and didn´t want them to show, so I thought it would maybe be nicer with a top 10 instead.

Sorted it with limit (0,10) in one of your files.

All is fine now.

Very Good your quiz sistem

thanks for PDF certificate work good :)

many little feature that can be very important for normal community and PRO community

1) for normal community: ability to publish or not a quiz in admin cp

2) for normal community: ability to set per cathegory group permission

3) for normal community: ability to dont show answer correct or wrong

4) for PRO community: ability to dont show People who have taken this Quiz (i will modify template to hide this ;) )

5) for PRO community: ability to take a Test Level 1 to acced a Test Level 2

I have a strange issue with my quiz on my community, while I have yet to go live (still in the testing stage), I see that on the main front page, it does not show how many quizzes there are in each category.

Here is a screenshot:

8146038319_92fdd2e8e1_o.png

Now on your main front page screenshot, it does show:

8146043209_ff718b78ed_o.png

Is there a SQL query I need to run?

Or maybe this can be added to the scheduler as a scheduled job?

Looks like you've imported those quizzes from the ACP?

They're also highlighted red, which means they're unapproved (unpublished), and unapproved quizzes are only visible to staff, so the counts are correct. You need to manually publish each quiz you import so that it correctly generates the support topic, etc. This also allows you to review each quiz you import as an admin before you make it live for your members.

Also, there are many files with whitespace, while I have removed the whitespace from the files I have, here is a list of them:

8146325001_cff7979f68_o.png

I hope that it helps.

A lot of those are due to the third party library I used for PDF generation. I'll take a look into it later though. :)

As it is, you see everyone who has taken a quiz. As I am sure you want it to be.

On my boards, a few members felt embarrassed about their results and didn´t want them to show, so I thought it would maybe be nicer with a top 10 instead.

Sorted it with limit (0,10) in one of your files.

All is fine now.

I'll see if I can paginate the leaderboard and add an option to make it a "top xx" only. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

How about images as questions?

Will that be in a future update?

That's my main request, the ability to add images to questions... (I added it to the tracker a couple of days ago).

I think it empowers the quiz to a new level (making it even more fun! ;)

And answers!

The ability to ask a question and have pictures as answers to choose from would be awesome.

It's on my todo list. :)

They're also highlighted red, which means they're unapproved (unpublished), and unapproved quizzes are only visible to staff, so the counts are correct. You need to manually publish each quiz you import so that it correctly generates the support topic, etc.

Oh %^$&, I did not even see the publish button :cry:

It's on my todo list. :smile:

Thanks Mikey!

I have a thought about cheating...

It is now easy to cheat, which is of course very hard to prevent.

But a way to do this could be by only inserting the lowest result into the database.

As it is now, all entries from completeted quizzes are inserted into the database. Even when it is only allowed to perform the quiz once.

For exemple if user is going back to the answers again with the "Back" button in browser.

Could the SQL query be altered for completed quizzes to overwrite an entry instead of adding a new one. And only if the result is lower than previous entry.

That way any cheaters only get the first result shown or later result if it is lower on the second attempt.