Suggestion to Marketplace: TAGs instead of Custom Field

Adriano Faria

Hi there.

I can't imagine why IPS doesn't use their own tag system. Anyway, that's not the point for this topic.

I'm thinking something more in order to make the marketplace considerably better than it is now. The custom field used now (Supported IPS Software Version) actually serves no purpose. We can't even search in it.

Tags, besides the benefits already known, is searchable!

%7Boption%7D

Use the CLOSED system! Simple and fast! Please, consider this.

I'm thinking something more in order to make the marketplace considerably better than it is now. The custom field used now (Supported IPS Software Version) actually serves no purpose. We can't even search in it.

Tags, besides the benefits already known, is searchable!

How about an enhancement to IPD altogether, and using this situation as an example, where the different apps could be listed with a tick box next to each, then when the box is selected, to the right two fields would become usable. In this example, those fields would be minimum and maximum version numbers. Something that is designed to work with board/blog/gallery, tick the boxes and select the versions each is designed to work for. Of course, have said feature be searchable.

Using tags I believe is a step in the right direction, just believe it would be a pain if something works for multiple versions of multiple products.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived