Community

tapatalk

Tapatalk Forum Application plugin for IPBoard 3.4

Yeah its free for you to install the plugin as an admin but if you want the app to support it the user as to pay to download the app - they used to offer a free read only app - not sure if they still do though.

I have stopped to install newest releases once they are out. It's not the first time they had serious bugs.

But it general, the app works fine, also with the latest release of IP.Board. I am using the app every day and also encourage my users to pay for the app instead of using the mobile skin in the browser. It just feels much better to use a native app.

I've installed the files as directed to my root but can't see any changes at all when jumping into my board on a mobile. Have Tapatalk app for iPhone and can't see the site listed in there either.

Nothing seems to be functional so I must be doing something wrong.

I uploaded the file to where my conf.global is and installed the hook.

Any ideas on what I've done wrong?

There is a free version for everyone I think....

(android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.tapatalk4

Its version 4, says beta and only 747 reviews, compared to the paid TapaTalk that has 56k reviews...

I logged in no problems, made a post no problem, even gave positive rep to a member and it all shows on the main site (it worked great & looks really good too).

Not sure if the free is only for the beta, or if this is a spam/rouge program (though thats why I just tested it, and i'm posting this incase someone knows what's up with it, like if its only free because its beta? So it wont always be free?) I am new to administrating TT so I am personally unsure. Though that would be awesome if they left a free version...

So yeah we got this going thanks to the help of Dmacleo.

It wasn't long before i noticed that videos don't show. We have video URLs from Vimeo / Youtube set to auto-embed.

Thats a big deal because videos are a pretty integral part of our boards. What it does is it leaves posts looking out of context. Where people say obviously "See below" or "look at this" and there's nothing there. The Tapatalk user's gonna be confused with this.

I'm having all sorts of issues with tapatalk ever since I upgraded from phpBB to IP.

It will not post images correctly. Sometimes the app times out and does not connect to the forum at all or hangs up.

Just lots a really random errors that sometimes give a code, but not always the same one.

Examples below:

post-471121-0-47974000-1377061827_thumb.

post-471121-0-29146100-1377061861_thumb.

post-471121-0-88935000-1377061893_thumb.

post-471121-0-91887100-1377061924_thumb.

John_C I would ensure you are using the latest files for the tapatalk app on your community, (they have recently released a big bug fix update for IPB) if you still have issues, try clearing your apps cache in the settings and try again. You can also post in their community for support as well www.tapatalk.com

Thank you

Yeah, I had just figured out they had a new bug fix update. I updated, cleared cache and even downloaded Tapatalk pro v2.2 on my iPhone and it now works.

Wheeew!

There's a bug with this addon. It occured after 3.4.6 update. When you get pm's, they look like sender left the conversations, when you add new members from acp, you get a blank page, you dont get notification bubbles for pm's and other actions. I disabled it now i'm good.

One rather large and annoying bug is the fact that redirect forums don't work. So for example if you have "Our Store" as a redirect to your store's URL it works fine of course in IPB. But on Tapatalk it just says "no content" The app treats it like a sub forum rather than a redirect.

Another annoying thing for me and I don't know if my settings are off or Tapatalk just doesn't have the function to do it....

As all forums owners do, I made my Staff forum private so non admins or mods can't see it and get in. When I'm on Tapatalk, I can see the "Staff" forum, but I can't get in as an admin. :whistle:

Another annoying thing for me and I don't know if my settings are off or Tapatalk just doesn't have the function to do it....

As all forums owners do, I made my Staff forum private so non admins or mods can't see it and get in. When I'm on Tapatalk, I can see the "Staff" forum, but I can't get in as an admin. :whistle:

I have one category with 2 forums setup that only admins can see and it works fine on tapatalk for me.

I have one category with 2 forums setup that only admins can see and it works fine on tapatalk for me.

Interesting. What settings could I have screwed up?

no idea honestly, never had issue with permissions like that so I don't know.

I'll poke around on test board today if I get a chance and will see if I can duplicate somehow.

Some of my members have asked if I'd install this mod so they could use Tapatalk to access it on the go. :/ Still don't know if it's worth it, as you can just use the browser and mobile theme!

I would strongly advise getting this plugin direct from the tapatalk site,that way you are guaranteed the latest version,an update has been released today

I would strongly advise getting this plugin direct from the tapatalk site,that way you are guaranteed the latest version,an update has been released today

I agree. Definitely install it.

I hate it when my favorite forums don't have the plugin/option...like this one. It annoys the crap out of me.