Social Links section

chilihead

Those are custom profile fields, and you can already add new ones and remove existing ones via the ACP if you wish.

He's asking for the ability to link to the relevant social network profile in IPB profiles which would require a hook/skin edit.

Where are you talking about? There is already a social links section... and you can customize what links show up there.... Look at the bottom left of this page....

He means custom profile fields.

Those are custom profile fields, and you can already add new ones and remove existing ones via the ACP if you wish.

They don't work as URLs though, like the default "website" one.

Since this thread is slightly relevant, I'd like to suggest a minor change to the "website" and "Jabber" social link icons as well.

For website links:

For Jabber:

It's a small thing, but being the odd perfectionist I am I couldn't stand to stare at the default ones for those two any longer and had to go out and find replacements.

One reason being the default is not dark template friendly. The two above are completely friendly with dark templates.

The "Jabber" icon as ripped from Pidgin's sources. It's the Jabber/XMPP protocol icon it uses.

The hyperlink icon I just found through Google.

But they do not hyperlink so if they add Twitter it's just text. Unlike what you do with ICQ etc.

They don't work as URLs though, like the default "website" one.

If you want them to be styled in a custom manner (as the existing social links are), you need to edit skin_profile (Profile View) -> customFieldGroup__contact

The custom fields system allows you to create a special skin template which will automatically be applied to individual custom fields or entire custom field groups, and we have done that in this case with the contact fields.

If you want them to be styled in a custom manner (as the existing social links are), you need to edit skin_profile (Profile View) -> customFieldGroup__contact

The custom fields system allows you to create a special skin template which will automatically be applied to individual custom fields or entire custom field groups, and we have done that in this case with the contact fields.

Thanks. Is it possible to explain in a little more detail?

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend posting in the peer help forums for assistance modifying the skin templates. It's quite simple to do, but this is a feedback forum and we're venturing beyond feedback at this point. :smile:

But why not update the default custom profile fields so it's easier for everyone..? Facebook and Twitter is what more people are using now. So it only makes sense to have them included.

Per post?

I was bored.

[img]

[/img]

My goodness. I really want this. Will you help me get oboard, or perhaps communicate with my dev, because we're making improvements at the moment (I don't do any of this css stuff, frankly I'm pretty humbled by people's ingenuity and expertise in this respect)

Google+ is also essential.

My goodness. I really want this. Will you help me get oboard, or perhaps communicate with my dev, because we're making improvements at the moment (I don't do any of this css stuff, frankly I'm pretty humbled by people's ingenuity and expertise in this respect)

Google+ is also essential.

But I already deleted it...

• 1 month later...

Archived