[Suggestion] Documentation for System Settings Fields & Search ACP

BomAleold

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you could maybe use google site search like site:invisionpower.com Use .htaccess mod_rewrite or into documentation with <select> option popup!

.... I can say with some certainty *if* the documentation were to be directly integrated into the acp live search, it would not be through such a hackish method as a google site search, It would be a proper API retrieval, and would very likely be an extra for license holders.

I like the idea thoroughly though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It's hard to really comment on this at this stage until you see 4.0. Almost every phrase or sentence throughout the software has been picked apart and rethought to make it much clearer to a novice what it means, so realistically you shouldn't need to read documentation for most settings. That one, for instance, has been reworded greatly, and the process to apply the .htaccess code much simplified.

We will be linking to external documentation in many areas that genuinely do require more explanation - the infrastructure for this has already been set up.

I think beyond that, it's hard to describe and relate the relevance of this to 4.0 until you've seen it. We hope you will find it much easier to use.

I currently manage with najaru_1 a forum italian for support but the big problem is each time to clear the documentation (i initially would translate singular article into Guides for build into "my" site any guide) but in this way it is possible to make a separated app ip.documentation for scope to give a hand by "our" client to make it self that he find in your lang.
Sorry for errors of english...

Ps: into dashboard of acp 4.0 is possible to choose a language? How you have make into footer of home ip.board...

Archived