Here is a Free Animated site intro block as flash intro
demo :
http://www.ips-skins...ite_intro_.html

Info:
1-12 text placeholders
2-redirect users after intro
3-add your own mp3 file
4-skip intro button

PS: sound in demo not included , an alternative good sound track included (if you interest in my demo sound track , please contact me for more info's)

hope you enjoy it !.

customization :
open the block which called
Site intro-ips-skins.com
find

<!--:::config ::::-->

under this all text placeholders and urls

Donate :
support development of this block

%7Boption%7D

here to download this file

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I just downloaded this intro and made all the text changes and added my mp3 and it is pretty much ready to go. My problem is I'm not really familiar with IP. content. The page was added, see below:
%7Boption%7D

But how do I get it to actually attach to the site. Right now when you type in the site address it just goes straight to the sign-in page. I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks!!

Hi I just downloaded this intro and made all the text changes and added my mp3 and it is pretty much ready to go. My problem is I'm not really familiar with IP. content. The page was added, see below:

[img]

[/img]

But how do I get it to actually attach to the site. Right now when you type in the site address it just goes straight to the sign-in page. I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks!!

Did you make Ipcontent the default app to load when people load your site?

If not, you need to do so by changing the initialdata file on your site.

open it and look for :

if ( ! defined( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP' ) )
{
define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'forum' );

Change forum for ccs.

Now your site will automaticly load the index.html from ipcontent.
Call your intro file index.html

Then in the block change the link line for this
i<if test="$this->settings['intro_redirect_url']='/++++++.html'"></if>

+++ being the page you want to load, in my case I have an ipcontent page called accueil.html

Hope that helps a bit

Steph

[img]

[/img]

you should not use ipbwrapper in this page , it should be warp-less page

Ajouz,

This works as advertised. One question though.

I would like to use a 3-column IP.Content page (using NEO Free Content Portal), using the Site Intro Block in the middle column. However, when I do this, it doesn't fit correctly, and overlaps the other coumns. Any idea how to fix this . . or if it is even possible to fix?

Ajouz,

This works as advertised. One question though.

I would like to use a 3-column IP.Content page (using NEO Free Content Portal), using the Site Intro Block in the middle column. However, when I do this, it doesn't fit correctly, and overlaps the other coumns. Any idea how to fix this . . or if it is even possible to fix?

hello ,
not sure if this reasonable to include it in a portal ,since after intro there is build-in redirect method ?
is there a live preview to see if it is possible to do this ?

hello ,

not sure if this reasonable to include it in a portal ,since after intro there is build-in redirect method ?

is there a live preview to see if it is possible to do this ?

No, I took the 3 columns down. Don't worry about it. I like it just fine as is!

Ajouz, you might want to fix your documentation included with this. The instructions say to upload it to "board" root directory but it needs to be uploaded into your "root/public" directory.

thank you that fixed my issue. Will you be making a gaming intro video with this?

I do have an issue.

I'm trying to write, in one of the sentenses:

l'éducation

but it is not showing up properly so went to html characters and tryed:

l’éducation

but it still doesn't work, what I'm I missing?

We did not include all the letters for fear of the increasing size of the flash, I will include the rest of the characters and will send you the new file.

Archived