Glare by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

Glare by IPS Themes

NjtLIIL.png
ibw1q5Z.png
Wh6X9PA.png

Recommended Addons
Category Tabs - Webfonts - Social Icons - Editor Themes - Breadcrumbs - Offline Pages

Extras
Copyright removal license

Examples
These images are just examples of what can be easily achieved. The backgrounds are not included with the theme!

tvczf.jpg

PnFkw.jpg

y9IXJ.jpg

Kl7NJ.jpg

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, this is because I removed that stupid "More" menu as it was causing a bug that I just coudn't fix. I'll do some more digging this evening.

PS - any feedback or suggestions for improvements :smile: ?

I know exactly what bug you're reffering to and was a pain in the a** to me too, I really hope that they'll change this in the next release of IP.Board

This looks really nice!

I just bought it.

Question, will this work for 3.3.3 or will I have to update to 3.3.4 ?

I've not tested it on 3.3.3 but it should work absolutely fine :smile:

nice copy-paste :thumbsup:

I don't understand. What do you mean? :tongue:

I have a lot of navigation entries, so it'd be nice to be able to set a width/height of the tabs from the settings of the skin..

I get the same.

The 1.0.1 update has a "fix" for this. It's not great as after a max-width any extra links will drop onto a new line but at least the entire navigation doesn't break (like how it does currently).

Nope. Further testing, when I select Pink Boleh and save, the selection changes to sky and clouds menu option but the skin colour is pink.

Ah, I thought you meant the front-end live background chooser.

The problem you're describing was an issue with the settings file. Download the latest 1.0.1 update and upgrade the skin + re-import the settings file.

--------------------

As always, I'd really really appreciate it if customers could rate and possibly even leave a review on the marketplace listing. Thank you so much to the first 7 that have purchased Glare as well! :)

Hey man, just bought this and ran into a problem. The live demo of the theme on your site has a breadcrumb design right under the branding at the top. My version however, does not?

Referring to this:
%7Boption%7DisbPCpMcboyKS.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImag" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="111">

EDIT: Also, when the mod/admin CP fade effect is enabled those two links are nowhere to be found.

Oh, I have one final question if you don't mind. I'd like the guest message to be shown to all members, how do I go about doing this? Thanks.

Hey man, just bought this and ran into a problem. The live demo of the theme on your site has a breadcrumb design right under the branding at the top. My version however, does not?

Referring to this:

%7Boption%7D

isbPCpMcboyKS.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImag

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="111">

EDIT: Also, when the mod/admin CP fade effect is enabled those two links are nowhere to be found.

Oh, I have one final question if you don't mind. I'd like the guest message to be shown to all members, how do I go about doing this? Thanks.

I have no idea what you mean regarding the first issue. I can see the breadcrumb design in your preview working as intended.

You need to click the "cog" icon at the top to load up the links. Disabling this shows the links at all times. The default option is just a bit tidier :)

Regarding the guest message, you'll need to remove the IF statement from the tctc91_guestMessage template.

Tom.

Since I can't edit.. I have to double post.

I see the icons now on the newer skin version.

Yep, this was fixed in 1.0.2 :)

-----

To all Glare customers:

I noticed that Glare is rated 3/5 on the Marketplace :unsure: I'm a little concerned and also curious as to what's wrong with the skin for people to rate it so low? Please tell me so I can improve it. Thanks.

Just wanted to say I purchased this skin and I love it. :smile:

I do have one question for you. Is it possible to purchase a branding-free license to legally remove the link back to your site (from the footer)? If so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks very much for the feedback. It is possible to purchase a branding-free license. E-Mail me your Paypal address @ tctc91@gmail.com and whether or not you need help removing the copyright after payment and then I'll send you an invoice ($15 USD).

Tom.

First let me say this is a fantastic design and couldn't stop myself buying it. :) Great price as well.

Is it possible to add new non-standard web fonts for the headers? There currently is NeoSans but I would like to try a few others. I noticed there is a directory style_imagestctc_glare-customfonts but adding an .otf file and changing the skin settings to use this new font didn't work. Am I missing something or doesn't it work like that?

First let me say this is a fantastic design and couldn't stop myself buying it. :smile: Great price as well.

Is it possible to add new non-standard web fonts for the headers? There currently is NeoSans but I would like to try a few others. I noticed there is a directory style_imagestctc_glare-customfonts but adding an .otf file and changing the skin settings to use this new font didn't work. Am I missing something or doesn't it work like that?

You very nearly had it working. There's two ways you can achieve this.

1) Exactly how you've done so far (font in the fonts folder, font name in the settings), all you need to do now is load tctc91_general.css in the Glare templates and find this:

/* Load the custom font */

@font-face { font-family: NeoSans; src: url('{style_images_url}/_custom/fonts/NeoSans.otf'); }

@font-face { font-family: NeoSans-Light; src: url('{style_images_url}/_custom/fonts/NeoSans-Light.otf'); }

Just change NeoSans to your own font then.

2) Use Google Fonts. Find a font you like, click "Quick Use" and copy the code given in the "Standard" tab. Open up the Glare templates, load globalTemplate and simply paste that code anywhere inbetween the <head> tags. Then, simply type the font name in the settings.

I'd love to see the end result once you've got it working :)

Archived