More choice in functionality

Artikality

In the IP boards that I use, I've always had a few issues that need to be fixed. These issues are mostly caused by new features that overshadow previous features, which make it more inconvenient.

Here are a few changes I wouldn't mind seeing that were implemented in older versions, but were replaced by newer features in newer versions:

• Allow archiving in forums (when a post is deleted, allow the option to have it sent to a forum rather than using the removed content category in the ModeratorCP) - a choice between the two systems is what I'm asking for so both parties can be happy
  • Rating system - still in place for one of the websites I frequent and is a cornerstone of the entire administrative structure; I wouldn't mind having an option between warning points and this so that it won't be broken
  • Fix the moderating team list to where it was before - one of the sites I frequent use "community leaders" or people who have local moderator powers on specific forums (which add up to a lot of community leaders). Limiting the scope of moderators on the list makes the list entirely useless for its purpose. This is in addition to where "Administrators" "Global Moderators" and "Forum Moderators" were collapsed into one umbrella. Perhaps instead of that, make it customizable like a forum rules feature if the old system really didn't work well.

New versions of things are usually great, however, if features are removed as a result of it, it doesn't make it better than the previous version - it quite often can make it a pain in the ass.

• Allow archiving in forums (when a post is deleted, allow the option to have it sent to a forum rather than using the removed content category in the ModeratorCP) - a choice between the two systems is what I'm asking for so both parties can be happy

This is still effectively possible. Create a forum for deleted topics to go, and then in the ACP create a multi-moderation that sends topics to this forum. Then remove permission for your moderators to delete topics, but ensure they can use the multi-moderation. The net effect is that moderators will choose "Send to trash can" (if that's what you call it) from the Topic Moderation menu, instead of choosing the option to Delete the topic.

This is still effectively possible. Create a forum for deleted topics to go, and then in the ACP create a multi-moderation that sends topics to this forum. Then remove permission for your moderators to delete topics, but ensure they can use the multi-moderation. The net effect is that moderators will choose "Send to trash can" (if that's what you call it) from the Topic Moderation menu, instead of choosing the option to Delete the topic.

It's not really effective in terms of posts in which are the majority of the workload.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived