CKeditor for blog

msg

• 2 weeks later...

ckeditor is already the default editor for the entire IPS suite

The tools available to create/edit a blog does not look like CK editor

post-360965-0-51614000-1345072615_thumb.

Looks like BBcode to me

CKeditor ( the one on the top) seems to have more feature...

IP.Blog does indeed use ckeditor as does the whole suite. The only difference between your two examples is the first has more ckeditor plugins enabled by default. Which of the additional features in particular were you wanting to see included.

I'll move this to the IP.Board feedback forum as the editor is a core utility not specific to blog.

Andy starting from the top

Line 1.....block 2 and 3

Line 3.....Block 1 and 2 with no Div button

Line 4 and line 5

You know you just asked for what's already there right? The only ones I don't see are the ones that cannot be represented using the built in BBcode (so they won't happen anyway unless new BBcodes get added).

Kyanar

Maybe their is something I do not understand or do not express correctly.

Functionality/icons seems similar (already there) but their implementation does not match what i have see when CKeditor is implement. It is also possible the license use by IPS does not allow a full deployment of CKeditor.

Example when we insert an image we get a BBcode instead of the image.

When in CKeditor when you insert an image you get the real image

http://ckeditor.com/demo/

When you RMB on an image in CKeditor we can access the image properties...

The famous table, CK native feature allow placing and control table

Wen you go from source to WYSIWYG i have the feeling we get better transition

etc....

Kyanar

Maybe their is something I do not understand or do not express correctly.

Functionality/icons seems similar (already there) but their implementation does not match what i have see when CKeditor is implement. It is also possible the license use by IPS does not allow a full deployment of CKeditor.

When in CKeditor when you insert an image you get the real image http://ckeditor.com/demo/ When you RMB on an image in CKeditor we can access the image properties... The famous table, CK native feature allow placing and control table Wen you go from source to WYSIWYG i have the feeling we get better transition etc....

I would.... almost daringly beg to differ....(don't shoot me). The IPS CKE(at least in the 3.2/3.3 iterations) won't crash your browser with this input in 'source' and switching:

<body><br></body>

I don't know HOW they did that, and I am half-certain it wasn't intentional(or is literally tied to that sole CKE version, which they are not using yet)
The real CKE will, and forgive me for saying this, but the move to full html in 3.4 actually causes me concern for the possibility of exhibiting that very lack of differentiation the CKE has between an acceptable 'bbcode' and the actual HTML.

When in CKeditor when you insert an image you get the real image

http://ckeditor.com/demo/

You are not inserting an image, you are inserting shared media, which is not a feature in stock CKEditor (it's a custom plugin we wrote).

If you actually insert an image (click the image icon) it shows in the editor area, just like in the stock CKEditor. You have to compare apples to apples.

You are not inserting an image, you are inserting shared media, which is not a feature in stock CKEditor (it's a custom plugin we wrote).

If you actually insert an image (click the image icon) it shows in the editor area, just like in the stock CKEditor. You have to compare apples to apples.

Brandon

First i wanted to make sure that people understand my comment or request is nothing negative or complain, it was just asking a simple question.

Prior to use IPS i had a CMS interface that use CKeditor and the implementation/feature was different than what i can see in IPS suite. ( and still use it because not all my web is being move tp IPS)

My initial question was..... can we have CKeditor to create blog article, then it was reply that it is indeed CK editor...

Then i point out the interface/feature, then i was answer back that what i was asking was already there.

Then i give few examples... then you reply i should compare apple with apple.

Here the apple from CKeditor when i click the insert image

The URL allow me to browse
post-360965-0-61201800-1345504297_thumb.

post-360965-0-32404100-1345504298_thumb.

post-360965-0-04040500-1345504299_thumb.

post-360965-0-75486300-1345504299_thumb.

This is server window

post-360965-0-97650900-1345504300_thumb.

etc.........

An here the apple of BBcode when i click insert image

post-360965-0-65506700-1345504301_thumb.

I can agree that i compare previously «insert image» with the «insert attachment» of BBcode. two different command. However i was not able to find similar command «Insert image» ask for a URL with no browse capabilities. My media is close to insert image in CKeditor, but i need to load attachment before they are available in my media. Which bring me back to «Insert attachment»

So back to my question can we have full CKeditor for writing blog?

P.S. Being new with IPS i did not upgrade to 3.3.4, because i do not feel confident enough and I'm afraid to lost just the few customization that made.

Yes, I'm not denying we have stripped down the insert image options. You should keep in mind a stock CKEditor installation is meant as a WYSIWYG page editor basically. This is fine for admins and web designers, but the average user posting an image on a forum isn't going to understand "alt" and specifying pixel width and height and so on. Thus, we stripped it down.

I do not foresee having a more advanced CKEditor in *just* blog in the near future. I cannot say what changes CKEditor itself will see (as in more options) at this time in the near future.

I agree, too much options can be intimidating.

Just wanted to add..... for the first time in human history we have cross an important line. Kids below 20 ( those born after 1990) they have live in a world where internet as always been available all times.

That alone is an important statistic that cannot be ignore :smile:

Just keep us in the loop for future new stuff

thank you

Archived