Community

SECTalk.com

Sports Pick 'Ems Application

Awesome, thanks for the update!! :thumbsup:

I hope language strings is high on the list for the next update. :smile:

Absolutely. Will be the next thing added pending any emergency bug fixes..

Also, if you all wouldn't mind rating the app in the Marketplace, I would appreciate it. Someone voted it a 1 star... not sure why... but let me know and I'll be happy to make improvements as needed!

Also, if you all wouldn't mind rating the app in the Marketplace, I would appreciate it. Someone voted it a 1 star... not sure why... but let me know and I'll be happy to make improvements as needed!

Gave it the max 5 stars and well-deserved.This App has potential to be much better than it already is. :thumbsup:

I gave it a 5 also. Can't believe someone would give it a 1, after all the work that went into it and the development of new features and so on. I mean, if they give it a 1, they should at least explain why so that the coder has a chance to make it better...

Quick question... What does Spread and Ties mean when creating a pool? Sorry for being a noob.

Ties are two teams with equal scores. In European Football games can end on 1-1 or 0-0.
Don't know what spread means either.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. For the record, I'll go ahead and have the home team on the left as a default since I'm (currently) the only user who wants it on the right.

And as far as renaming "Pick 'Ems" to "Prediction League," yes that will be fully supported in the next release as I plan to add full language support, so you'll be able to edit a language string and have that update everywhere it says Prediction League.

Thanks again for the support and I hope this can benefit many of our sites.

I also want to rename it to Fantasy Sports. I changed the name in the language set, but no joy (yes I put it in dev mode before the change). Any ideas?

Quick question... What does Spread and Ties mean when creating a pool? Sorry for being a noob.

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/g/gl_pointspread.htm

I also want to rename it to Fantasy Sports. I changed the name in the language set, but no joy (yes I put it in dev mode before the change). Any ideas?

Sorry I haven't added the language strings yet. That will be done in the next update! :smile:

Rats.... Anyway of doing it through php files.. I understand that it will be reverted back when you provide an update

I will try to get this done this week. Sorry about the hassle!

Can you make this app more useful for European Football games and matches.

Nice app

regards

bosss

Sure, let me know what suggestions you have and I would be happy to. As I understand, there are already a couple of euro football (soccer) forums using this app.

No worries... I 'll wait :) With reference to the images. I've tried ../then whatever directory structure after that, but no joy. Is it expecting a url from say photobucket?

No worries... I 'll wait :smile: With reference to the images. I've tried ../then whatever directory structure after that, but no joy. Is it expecting a url from say photobucket?

It is expecting a full URL, yes. I will also add a setting for this in the next update. So you can use photobucket or just upload to your server and link to that.

It is expecting a full URL, yes. I will also add a setting for this in the next update. So you can use photobucket or just upload to your server and link to that.

ok :)

Haven't downloaded it yet, but does this app come (or will it come) with some documentation (or detailed read me files) on how to not only install it, but how to actually use this app? There could be some people who would like this app, but wouldn't really know how to use it to its full potential. Some documentation on how to use it and run it would be great too. :cool:

Sure, let me know what suggestions you have and I would be happy to. As I understand, there are already a couple of euro football (soccer) forums using this app.

Is it possible to use results option " 1, X and 2 " and can you make one demo - user account on your board?

regards

bosss

Installation questions.

These probably seem like dumb questions, but I was always told there are no such thing as dumb questions :smile:

1. It says "Upload the contents of upload/ to your root directory." Does this mean the root directory for the ipb? So for me does that mean the forums/ directory?

2. Everything goes in a folder called upload in the forums directory. Meaning there will be a admin folder inside the upload folder and and applications_addon folder inside the admin and so on?

3. If I use an ftp program can I just double click on the upload folder and load everything at once?

4. Do I need to turn the board off or anything like that while I load the files? Do I need to assign any permissions to the folders?

Is it possible to use results option " 1, X and 2 " and can you make one demo - user account on your board?

regards

bosss

The app already does that. That's what ties are for. (I guess when the language strings come out you can change "home" to "1", ties to "x", and visitor to "2" or something.
I'm going to be using it for european soccer as well.

Installation questions.

These probably seem like dumb questions, but I was always told there are no such thing as dumb questions :smile:

1. It says "Upload the contents of upload/ to your root directory." Does this mean the root directory for the ipb? So for me does that mean the forums/ directory?

2. Everything goes in a folder called upload in the forums directory. Meaning there will be a admin folder inside the upload folder and and applications_addon folder inside the admin and so on?

3. If I use an ftp program can I just double click on the upload folder and load everything at once?

4. Do I need to turn the board off or anything like that while I load the files? Do I need to assign any permissions to the folders?

1- The forums directory. (i.e. not your site's root directory)
2- Don't upload the upload directory, but what's inside! In other words, open the upload directory from your ftp program first and then and upload everything in it.
3- You can double click (or drag and drop) what's inside the upload directory, but no the upload directory itself.
4- I didn't, it's pretty fast, so I don't think it's necessary. You might want to change permissions before you let everybody see it though... (you can change it so that only the admin can see the pick'ems up until you've got everything set up, your first pool, etc.)