Community

TracDown

MadMikeyB

• 2 weeks later...

when editing a version, it throws an error.

Warning: Missing argument 2 for adminOutput::redirect(), called in ***/admin/applications_addon/other/trac/modules_admin/versions/versions.php on line 77 and defined in ***/admin/sources/classes/output/adminOutput.php on line 283

I'm on version 1.2.2(12004), with ipb 3.3.4

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mikey, this is really coming along great, thanks for all your hard work, and it's really nice to see active development take user input so seriously when updating! :D

Two questions for the latest version, having trouble assigning a version to reports in the child categories. The button is there, it just redirects to its category page and doesn't offer a version selection. Is this a bug? Or something we set up wrong on our end? :lol:

Second, I thought at one time I read you were adding the ability to upload attachments? Is that possible in v1.2.2 because I'm not seeing a place to enable that option? :unsure:

Thanks for your time

Hey Mikey, this is really coming along great, thanks for all your hard work, and it's really nice to see active development take user input so seriously when updating! :D

Two questions for the latest version, having trouble assigning a version to reports in the child categories. The button is there, it just redirects to its category page and doesn't offer a version selection. Is this a bug? Or something we set up wrong on our end? :lol:

Second, I thought at one time I read you were adding the ability to upload attachments? Is that possible in v1.2.2 because I'm not seeing a place to enable that option? :unsure:

Thanks for your time

Attachments aren't in this version I'm afraid...

Hey Mikey,

Does TracDown work on the Mobile skin ?

Thanks

Unfortunately not, only the full skin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a weird problem, all my previous issues just magically dissappeared. They lost all their details except the issue description.

So I upgraded to 1.2.2 (IP.B 3.3.4) in hopes they would come back. Not the case. I'm willing to delete the issues as I didn't have a lot and start again. However I have the same errors as everyone else.

Since I cannot just leave error messages hanging arround I have fixed them myself.

To fix version editing, open Versions.php (like in the error). Find line 77, change it to:

$this->registry->output->redirect( $this->settings['base_url'].'&module=versions&section=versions&do=versions','Version Edited!' );

To fix the foreach PHP warning when viewing categories, open Categories.php, goto line 172 where you will see:

if ($this->request['tab'] != 'overview') {
               foreach ($_issues as $i) {
                      $_tags = $this->issues->fetchTagsForIssue($i['issue_id']);
                      if (!empty($_tags['tag_cache_key']))
                      {
                          $tags = $this->registry->tracIssueTags->formatCacheJoinData( $_tags );
                          if ($tags) {
                              $i['tags'] = $tags;
                          }
                      }
                      $issues[] = $i;
                }
            }

and change it to:

if ($this->request['tab'] != 'overview') {
      if (is_array($_issues)) {
                  foreach ($_issues as $i) {
                      $_tags = $this->issues->fetchTagsForIssue($i['issue_id']);
                      if (!empty($_tags['tag_cache_key']))
                      {
                          $tags = $this->registry->tracIssueTags->formatCacheJoinData( $_tags );
                          if ($tags) {
                              $i['tags'] = $tags;
                          }
                      }
                      $issues[] = $i;
                  }
        }
            }

Enjoy.

Error when deleting category:

The error code is: 403
The error message is: There are no orphaned issues in this category.
Also, there is one more issue upon editing, when you move issue to other category it does not bring versions of the new category upon edit/quick edit so you are forced do move issue with version NULL and edit it one more time once moved to set version/fixed in/severity.. this issue causes many problems to me, anyone has a fix?

Actually there is many issues like editing, reading improper selects, errors, not working configs and more.. I do not post in your bug tracker as I see it is being useless, you deleted at least 5 issues reported by me, it is hard to use this version on live, in some cases impossible unless effort is put in to keep things working smooth, most of the issues are easy fixable matters, however there is many of them, if you want to dedicate half of the day to get if all fixed with me let me know.. or anybody if main developer is not interested, thanks!

Yes, we've been having lots of issues with this as well. I think it needs to be updated to work with 3.4.x. I reported a couple of the issues on the bug tracker as well. Basically you have to define a default category, which is not particularly convenient in our environment.

In addition to what I've reported previously, I've also found that you can't pin an issue. It gives an error about not having permissions to do that.

I hope Mikey can find the time to do an update.

It appears that TracDown's permissions aren't programmed correctly. Most of our bug tracker is configured to be viewable only to specific groups, but every issue is visible to guests. The category pages are not, as intended, but the issues they contain are accessible by direct URL and made it into Google's index.

I still use 3.3.4 (3.4 brings too many problems and no special features) and have lots of issues around.. I may get it worked out with the developer when he will get interested about it.. also when he will start fixing it I will share my custom hooks to TracDown that will extend / add some features so @Mikey.. you won't have to get them done.. however I need to get it fixed and working smooth..

Generally.. main issues are:

- Not properly working config (several options)
- Not loading values in 'selects' or loading improper one.. mostly while moving issues..
- deleting stuff errors..
- skin issues

Basically you have to define a default category, which is not particularly convenient in our environment.

Instead of default category it would be better to do general overview of all possible issues within all categories displayed by the sort of creation date.. then add option like "Count of issues to display in TracDown General Overview

- Add exception to do not throw error when no version is added to category upon issue creation

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ~/boards/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_trac.php on line 253 

- Add exception to do not throw error when no severity is added to category upon issue creation

- Once category created there is no possibility to edit default version of category (the one set during category creation)

- Default category version is not being displayed anywhere, not taken under attention anywhere, not possible to use it as no there

- Versions are not being sorted incrementally - also no option to drag them manually, please consider that most of us uses version-ing standard like z.x.c.v so sorting may not work properly with it, dragging the versions would be much better

- Once severity edited (after is was being added) it is not possible to set it back to ALL Categories - no All categories badge, just blank

- Tags option is not respected - still possible to add issue without tag even it is required (P.S. I have good hook that extends those options and brings some another)

- When you ADD issue and change category in 'Issue Options' Panel the versions, fixed in and severity are not being reloaded to match selected category

- When you EDIT issue and change category in 'Issue Options' Panel the versions, fixed-in and severity are not being reloaded to match selected category

- When you QUICK EDIT issue and change category in 'Issue Options' Panel the versions, fixed-in and severity are not being reloaded to match selected category

- Some two more error, probably upon submitting issues without version/fixed-in, an exception to do not throw error would be appreciated

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ~/boards/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_trac.php on line 1139
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ~/boards/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_trac.php on line 1157

- When you EDIT issue the 'Assigned to' automatically brings first person from the list instead of leaving it with '----' nobody.

- Deleting issue from front-end using 'Moderation' Tools does not deletes comments for that issue (haven't checked if deleting the TimeLine)

- QUICK EDIT changing issue state to PUBLIC/PRIVATE works immediately once clicked, should work after clicking submit, personally I recommend to bring state change badge on the left of moderation options, would be easy accessible and would solve the matter

- No fixed in displayed in Issue Details upon reviewing the issue

TimeLine is not being properly 'FIXED', it goes all the way down instead to stop on the end DIV: http://scr.hu/0r7w/jdc3o

Those so far.. WIll post more if I will remind them to myself, Please to respect my time spent in testing :D

Hi Mikey,

Can we get the not expecting tags issue fixed? My community is based on tags, this is important issue for me, please. Thanks a lot.

Hi David,

Can you refresh me as to what the 'expecting tags issue' is? Is it that TracDown can't be set to require tags, because I was able to post an issue without tags without any issues here..

If that is indeed your issue, then that's more of a feature request than an issue (issues == bugs. This isn't one.) and will be addressed in a future version.

Error when deleting category:

The error code is: 403
The error message is: There are no orphaned issues in this category.

Also, there is one more issue upon editing, when you move issue to other category it does not bring versions of the new category upon edit/quick edit so you are forced do move issue with version NULL and edit it one more time once moved to set version/fixed in/severity.. this issue causes many problems to me, anyone has a fix?

That's a genuine issue, my apologies. To fix it, open up /admin/applications_addon/other/trac/modules_admin/categories/categories.php and find the following code:

// we have issues
	    	if (!empty($issues)) {
	    		$html = $this->registry->output->loadTemplate( 'cp_skin_categories' );
	    		$this->registry->output->html .= $html->preventOrphans($issues, $severities, $versions);
	    		$this->registry->output->html_main .= $this->registry->output->global_template->global_frame_wrapper();
	    	} else {
	    		$this->registry->output->showError('There are no orphaned issues in this category.', '403');	
	    	}

Change to:

// we have issues
	    	if (!empty($issues)) {
	    		$html = $this->registry->output->loadTemplate( 'cp_skin_categories' );
	    		$this->registry->output->html .= $html->preventOrphans($issues, $severities, $versions);
	    		$this->registry->output->html_main .= $this->registry->output->global_template->global_frame_wrapper();
	    	}

As for the versions / severities issue you're mentioning, the versions and severities should be retained - is that not what's happening?

Actually there is many issues like editing, reading improper selects, errors, not working configs and more.. I do not post in your bug tracker as I see it is being useless, you deleted at least 5 issues reported by me, it is hard to use this version on live, in some cases impossible unless effort is put in to keep things working smooth, most of the issues are easy fixable matters, however there is many of them, if you want to dedicate half of the day to get if all fixed with me let me know.. or anybody if main developer is not interested, thanks!

I've not deleted any of your issues from my tracker - not sure where you're getting that from. I wish I had the time to spend half a day with you to do this but I simply don't I'm afraid. You're welcome to list the issues in my tracker and I WILL get around to them.

Yes, we've been having lots of issues with this as well. I think it needs to be updated to work with 3.4.x. I reported a couple of the issues on the bug tracker as well. Basically you have to define a default category, which is not particularly convenient in our environment.

In addition to what I've reported previously, I've also found that you can't pin an issue. It gives an error about not having permissions to do that.

I hope Mikey can find the time to do an update.

The default category issue isn't a bug - it's how it was designed I'm afraid.

I can't reproduce the issue with the pinning of issues, are you trying as a super moderator or an admin?

It appears that TracDown's permissions aren't programmed correctly. Most of our bug tracker is configured to be viewable only to specific groups, but every issue is visible to guests. The category pages are not, as intended, but the issues they contain are accessible by direct URL and made it into Google's index.

http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/index.php?app=trac&module=issues&section=issues&do=view&id=46
This is an issue in a private category on my site - as you can see, you can't see it. Please check your permissions for the 'View issues' permissions on that category for the Guest group: IP.Board__TracDown_%3E_Categories-201303

- Add exception to do not throw error when no version is added to category upon issue creation

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ~/boards/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_trac.php on line 253 

If you don't add a version to a category and you try to add an issue - of course it will throw an error. You need to disable versioning in the TracDown settings if you're going to add a category without a version. :smile:

- Add exception to do not throw error when no severity is added to category upon issue creation

No error is thrown if no severity is added to the category as it could use the global severities.

- Once category created there is no possibility to edit default version of category (the one set during category creation)

I'm not sure what you mean here. ALL versions are editable from AdminCP > TracDown > Versions.

- Default category version is not being displayed anywhere, not taken under attention anywhere, not possible to use it as no there

Again, not sure what you mean here. Default category version? Versions are per category not global.

- Versions are not being sorted incrementally - also no option to drag them manually, please consider that most of us uses version-ing standard like z.x.c.v so sorting may not work properly with it, dragging the versions would be much better

Versions are ordered automatically at the moment, but I will add drag handles for a future version.

- Once severity edited (after is was being added) it is not possible to set it back to ALL Categories - no All categories badge, just blank

Perhaps you're on an older version, I can't see this here.
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-13%20at%2008.35.

- Tags option is not respected - still possible to add issue without tag even it is required (P.S. I have good hook that extends those options and brings some another)

There isn't an option to REQUIRE a tag. That is a feature request and will be added in a future version.

- When you ADD issue and change category in 'Issue Options' Panel the versions, fixed in and severity are not being reloaded to match selected category

- When you EDIT issue and change category in 'Issue Options' Panel the versions, fixed-in and severity are not being reloaded to match selected category

- When you QUICK EDIT issue and change category in 'Issue Options' Panel the versions, fixed-in and severity are not being reloaded to match selected category

I understand that. That is a valid bug and I'll look into it.

- Some two more error, probably upon submitting issues without version/fixed-in, an exception to do not throw error would be appreciated

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ~/boards/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_trac.php on line 1139

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ~/boards/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_trac.php on line 1157

feature request. Could be added in a future version.

- When you EDIT issue the 'Assigned to' automatically brings first person from the list instead of leaving it with '----' nobody.

Valid bug. I'll look into it.

- Deleting issue from front-end using 'Moderation' Tools does not deletes comments for that issue (haven't checked if deleting the TimeLine)

Valid bug. I'll look into it.

- QUICK EDIT changing issue state to PUBLIC/PRIVATE works immediately once clicked, should work after clicking submit, personally I recommend to bring state change badge on the left of moderation options, would be easy accessible and would solve the matter

feature request. Could be added in a future version.

- No fixed in displayed in Issue Details upon reviewing the issue

Fixed In is in the tabs to the left of the issue?

TimeLine is not being properly 'FIXED', it goes all the way down instead to stop on the end DIV: http://scr.hu/0r7w/jdc3o

Those so far.. WIll post more if I will remind them to myself, Please to respect my time spent in testing :D

Valid bug. I'll look into it. Thank you for your time taken here.

P.S in #issue_timeline

do right: 8%;

instead margin-left: 54%;

It will make timeline placing well with different resolutions

That doesn't work for me, but thanks anyway :smile:

Welcome back @Mikey,

Can you refresh me as to what the 'expecting tags issue' is? Is it that TracDown can't be set to require tags, because I was able to post an issue without tags without any issues here..

If that is indeed your issue, then that's more of a feature request than an issue (issues == bugs. This isn't one.) and will be addressed in a future version.

From what I see the TracDown uses global settings of IPB for tags, http://scr.hu/0r7w/z5fpi this is what I see when adding an Issue, this is why I claimed it as a bug.

As for the versions / severities issue you're mentioning, the versions and severities should be retained - is that not what's happening?

Could you rephrase please? I am wondering I do not understand what you mean..

I've not deleted any of your issues from my tracker - not sure where you're getting that from. I wish I had the time to spend half a day with you to do this but I simply don't I'm afraid. You're welcome to list the issues in my tracker and I WILL get around to them.

I could see them in 'My Issues, however had no titles and could not enter them, today I see they all have 'temp_title' but still are not accessible http://scr.hu/0r7w/ok9f8
The default category issue isn't a bug - it's how it was designed I'm afraid.

I can't reproduce the issue with the pinning of issues, are you trying as a super moderator or an admin?

Not my report, haven't tested myself yet

No error is thrown if no severity is added to the category as it could use the global severities.
I'm not sure what you mean here. ALL versions are editable from AdminCP > TracDown > Versions.
Again, not sure what you mean here. Default category version? Versions are per category not global.

http://scr.hu/0r7w/cscq9 When you create category you have default version to be entered, it is not being displayed anywhere after, cannot be selected, nor cannot be edited.. I do not know its purpose anyway

Versions are ordered automatically at the moment, but I will add drag handles for a future version.

I use 1.2.2, seems it is latest and my versioning looks like 1.2.3.4 and it is not being sorted automatically

There isn't an option to REQUIRE a tag. That is a feature request and will be added in a future version.

http://scr.hu/0r7w/z5fpi

That doesn't work for me, but thanks anyway :smile:

This works for full wide skins, however not fixing vertical placing issue, it is for the horizontal position on different screen resolutions. For vertical issue the DIVs should be remade to different schema to stop timeline on specific DIV.

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-13%20at%2008.35.

Yeah, have like this, however no badges after editing http://scr.hu/0r7w/bfby3

http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/index.php?app=trac&module=issues&section=issues&do=view&id=46

This is an issue in a private category on my site - as you can see, you can't see it. Please check your permissions for the 'View issues' permissions on that category for the Guest group: IP.Board__TracDown_%3E_Categories-201303

Here's my guest permission set:

post-205296-0-93559300-1363223342_thumb.

It appears to be correctly configured for me; however, the issues in my site are accessible by direct URL (I can PM you with an example if needed).