Reply to PM directly from email notifications and Unsubscribe link

Noni

1st
Although members get an email notification in which a text is written with CAPS LOCK something like this: "Please do not reply to this email directly, but login on the board and respond to the pm"... etc. they still respond directly to the email.

Now, as i have all IPS apps installed including Nexus, i get these member replies as support tickets. This is not bothering me, but i do think it would be a great thing to let members respond directly to messages from email.

2nd
Members might get notifications for various reasons as well as newsletters (bulk email)
I think that 2 kind of links should be added to the emails sent from the board:

a) when sending newsletters (bulk email) an unsubscribe link should be automatically included. This link should automatically unsubscribe members from further bulk email automatically. Now they have to login, find that box in their notification panel and uncheck it. Now that's something that none of my mebers seems to like. They rather report the email as spam if they cannot unsubscribe with one click.

b) When it comes to notifications, 2 more links should be included in the email: Stop all notifications or stop notifications from this topic, gallery album.. whatever.

Maybe just adding "Stop ALL notifications from from" would do it.

• 1 month later...

Although members get an email notification in which a text is written with CAPS LOCK something like this: "Please do not reply to this email directly, but login on the board and respond to the pm"... etc. they still respond directly to the email.

Now, as i have all IPS apps installed including Nexus, i get these member replies as support tickets. This is not bothering me, but i do think it would be a great thing to let members respond directly to messages from email.

Yes would be great to respond to PM's via email! :smile:

Hmmmm.. It might be possible to make a hook that would generate a link that would be like clicking the 'reply' button, but then having to sign in (if they're not signed in already). I'll have to look into it. Since I'm working on a hook that let's you take forum posts and posts from 'deleted' conversations and reply to them via a new conversation, it would make sense to build an email link feature into the hook as well.

Here's the hook I'm talking about. Doesn't do what you want, but I'll see if I can add it in somehow.

Okay this won't let someone reply via sending an email, but I did update the hook I mentioned. What you can do is change the email text and tell them that they can click a link to reply and the link will go directly to quoting the PM they just read. Can either be done by changing the default link or by adding <#RINPC#> to the email text (the <#RINPC#> will get changed to the URL to the topic and post they received in email).

Archived