(DDK33) Quote Selected Text

Ibragim Pupkevich

Check whether you have enabled "Notify me when someone quotes my posts" in notification preferences (Profile settings).

Due to the issue on multi quotes we have reverted back to v1, so when that is fixed I will let you know about notifications.

I love this modification by the way :thumbsup: It is very simple to use and no file mods are needed.

So I have a question. Is the only way for people to know about the @mention is to highlight text? I think it'd be cool to include a button for it somewhere..like a bbcode button..just thoughts, I don't know.

Also I thought it'd be nice if the notification setting for it would be separate from the notification setting for quotes.

Just more thoughts. :tongue:

I don't usually install third party hooks, but I might have to cave on this one. :S Nice job.

So I have a question. Is the only way for people to know about the @mention is to highlight text? I think it'd be cool to include a button for it somewhere..like a bbcode button..just thoughts, I don't know.

Okay, I will add separate "@Mention" button within next version update soon!

Also I thought it'd be nice if the notification setting for it would be separate from the notification setting for quotes.

I don't know how to add custom notification key within simple hook! :( Probably someone could advice... I planned to investigate this in a days by looking into another hook code.

• 3 weeks later...

how about to add option to disallow to use it with first posts of the topic? As I use other hook too.. remove quota button from first post.. and this make it now a little no sense. It could be hard to do it with your hook as you would need to find if the selected text was within first topic's post or not. Hope you can have it done.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great hook!

Just one problem for me is if the poster has written a post and typed an html tag as part of his/her post for example:

'I am not sure if you are allowed to use more than one <h1> tag per page or not'

The selective quote plugin will interprete the <h1> tag as html and format it accordingly by removing <h1> from the post and then starting a new line and treating the remaining text, in this case 'tag per page or not' as a header.

the above example I used then ends up looking like this:

'I am not sure if you are allowed to use more than one

tag per page or not'

Anyway of disabling this?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...