Request for the Mobile skin > take the "pagination" back!

GfxMan

In the old mobile default skin, there where the pages, for easy navigation.
Now i can't choose anymore what page read, or navigate to.
I suggest to give that back to the user, how is one supposed to navigate by mobile, in topic of hundreds of pages, without the pagination ?

http://community.inv...sion-pagination

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but it is a better way of navigating through topics than the default IPB... (Imho)

Does that method even still work? My quick test says NO. Unless if I'm doing it wrong.

+1 for the OP's suggestion mind you. Would be great if this was brought back to the default skin without a need for modifications

I can easily add a First/Last page button with a hook so there's no skin edits but it's where to put these buttons (in my tests I put them next to the Next/Last buttons but they get pushed to the next line when viewed portrait on most devices.

I want pagination exactly as it is in the normal forum view. As it was in the mobile skin untill 3.1.4 at least. i've added to "last button" with a trick, and it works just for the firs post.
We need the pagination back in the topic, not in the forum index.

We need the first and last post back.
We need the true pagination in the topic view.

It's a non-sense they removed, it worked flawless in the old mobile skin. Bring it back, it's impossibile to navigate the forum from that skin, without pagination in loger topics!

I want pagination exactly as it is in the normal forum view. As it was in the mobile skin untill 3.1.4 at least. i've added to "last button" with a trick, and it works just for the firs post.

We need the pagination back in the topic, not in the forum index.

We need the first and last post back.

We need the true pagination in the topic view.

It's a non-sense they removed, it worked flawless in the old mobile skin. Bring it back, it's impossibile to navigate the forum from that skin, without pagination in loger topics!

Any chance you have a screenshot of what it looked like in the old mobile view?

I think he's talking about this.

[img]

[/img]

Note that the ""last" button isn't in the old version and is something I haddcoded in myself.

The current skin already has Prev/Next buttons so I presume he's talking about something I haven't seen before.

The current skin already has Prev/Next buttons so I presume he's talking about something I haven't seen before.

The current skin doesn't have the page number by the topic though. I think that's what he wants.

• 3 months later...

Archived