Hide First Post From Guests

-RAW-

I noticed the original "login" and "register" links you had on the hook were not redirecting to login or register... but I simply changed them to the whole url link on my website.. nothing hard to do.

I'll post a picture for everyone to see the hook:
(RAW, you're welcome to use this pictures)

%7Boption%7D1KbHP.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="459">

%7Boption%7DRW3pf.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="667" height="750">

I noticed the original "login" and "register" links you had on the hook were not redirecting to login or register... but I simply changed them to the whole url link on my website.. nothing hard to do.

I'll post a picture for everyone to see the hook:

(RAW, you're welcome to use this pictures)

%7Boption%7D

1KbHP.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="459">

%7Boption%7D

RW3pf.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="667" height="750">

Thanks yea just did the same works for me now :) whole url instead of the index..... parts :D

I think this would be awesome if it had variables that you could add in like.. "%post_name%" to grab the name of the actual post that the guest was trying to read. Over all great idea and awesome hook dude =] Thanks so much for making this.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm.. This reminds me of a hook I had made awhile ago that does the same thing but with more options to it (hide posts and/or replies from guests and selected member groups, etc) and is language independent (supports multiple languages) and uses the correct URL automagically. :)

Question, how did you overcome the problem of people using profiles to view the first post of topics?

Hmmm.. This reminds me of a hook I had made awhile ago that does the same thing but with more options to it (hide posts and/or replies from guests and selected member groups, etc) and is language independent (supports multiple languages) and uses the correct URL automagically. :smile:

Question, how did you overcome the problem of people using profiles to view the first post of topics?

Yes, I saw yours, but it costed a load of money for 1 single feature I wanted, so I requested it, and amazing RAW made it happen :D

Yes, I saw yours, but it costed a load of money for 1 single feature I wanted, so I requested it, and amazing RAW made it happen :D

Doesn't cost a 'load' of money. :P

Also, if someone allows guests to view profiles, then they can see see the first post (topics) through peoples profiles. Not putting this mod down, just pointing it out. It was something that I had to deal with when I made my hook.

Doesn't cost a 'load' of money. :tongue:

Also, if someone allows guests to view profiles, then they can see see the first post (topics) through peoples profiles. Not putting this mod down, just pointing it out. It was something that I had to deal with when I made my hook.

I understand that, but for server and cpu usage settings I have it turned off ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived