Community

Aiwa

Site Poll Block

Try this. Should add half a lines padding to the text and bars.

<table style="line-height:1.5;">

Adjust the 1.5 how you like to try and get the desired result.

I know how to style. :D

I'm more interested to see if I can put a block inside this template...yeah...I don't see why not.

Should be able to w/o a problem... What's the application?

Try this. Should add half a lines padding to the text and bars.

<table style="line-height:1.5;">

Adjust the 1.5 how you like to try and get the desired result.

Just changed the 'table' tag to that but it either seems to do nothing or spaces out all the lines, not the paired lines. It really needs to be:

TEXT
[---bar---]
1/2 line space
TEXT
[---bar---]
1/2 line space
etc

BTW just noticed you've update the mod for the issue I spotted. In the future if I need to update I guess I need to keep my template safe for use with future upgrades?

Yes, you'll want to keep your template safe... I'm not 100% on the upgrade process for the hooks, I don't know if it will even overwrite the skin template or not... That's something that I have to figure out... Last I tested, it didn't unless I write a specific install script to remove and replace the template.

Try this... Replace the existing <p> tag near the bottom of the block with this... I added a style to the end of it. and remove the line-height from the table.

<p class='progress_bar topic_poll' title='{$this->lang->words['poll_percent_of_vote']} {$choiceData['percent']}%' style="margin-bottom: .5em;">

Not a problem, every template revision is being archived.

New template Mods in place and I think that has got it, a bit late and tired eyes but yes I think that has nailed it :)

Changed the .5em to .6em and that definitely gives it a nicer spacing :)

Not tonight, but it is on the to-do list next time I get to sit down at my DEV box.

Currently stuck in traffic driving home. Why is it people forget how to drive when it rains?

Ok... So the progress bar DOES resize... Since it's such a small gradient, you can't really tell.. Most IP.Content blocks don't resize a whole heck of a lot on a main page because they have other things beside them...

If you want to make the bar wider... In kc_site_poll... Find

<p class='progress_bar topic_poll' title='{$this->lang->words['poll_percent_of_vote']} {$choiceData['percent']}%'>

Change it to

<p class='progress_bar' style="width: 70%;" title='{$this->lang->words['poll_percent_of_vote']} {$choiceData['percent']}%'>

Adjust the style width % value to however wide you want it to be!

Note: Tek, if you're doing this... remove topic_poll from the classes and add the width to your existing style attribute...

I haven't put out a new version, but yes... You will want to keep your template safe. If there are no template changes or language file changes, just don't install the hook.

I haven't put out a new version, but yes... You will want to keep your template safe. If there are no template changes or language file changes, just don't install the hook.

Weird as I got a notification through stating that the pol block had been updated on the 10th. So will hold off any updating.

Just altered the width to 100% in our block which looks great:

<p class='progress_bar' style="width: 100%;" title='{$this->lang->words['poll_percent_of_vote']} {$choiceData['percent']}%' style="margin-bottom: .5em;">

Question, I've just added a new poll into the designated forum, but no matter what I do (save the block or the page) the poll on the portal of our site is not updating but still showing the previous poll.

Any ideas?

Portal: http://www.smartphonegurus.com/forums/page/index.html
Polls forum: http://www.smartphonegurus.com/forums/forum/107-polls/

The hook is set to show all polls irrespective of pinned status and only Banned users are exempt from seeing it.

For the time being, you can fix it by changing the setting to pull pinned polls and pin the poll.

I'm guessing it's the query. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Yes pinning it works for now, thanks.

New version uploaded. 1.0.2.

All you have to do to update is to upload the contents of the 'upload' folder. Changes were only made in the plugin.php file. You do NOT need to reinstall the hook or the IP.Content block.