Download: BoWoB Chat

bowob

File Name: BoWoB Chat
File Submitter: bowob
File Submitted: 14 Jul 2012
File Category: Applications

Chat for your IP.Board. Real-time communication to your users.

• Seamless integration: Chat user name, picture, friends, profile, ... are integrated with the user system of your IP.Board.
  • Custom Appearance: In BoWoB control panel you may easily customize theme, language and many more features of your chat.
  • No server needed: BoWoB doesn't use your server resources nor slow down your website. BoWoB manages the security, infrastructure and updates of your chat.
  • Extraordinary performance: WebSocket is the future of real-time communication. BoWoB technology offers a snappy, stable and pleasant chat.

For more information visit the BoWoB site: www.bowob.com.

Click here to download this file

Looks like a great app. I just want to be sure here because I was a little confused by your directions. Do I upload all the files to the location in the directions

admin/applications_addon/other/bowob/...

or do I load them into the admin folder itself?

Thanks

indeed ... seems as though the upload location is not setup, nor clarified ... plus the fact the actual zip is labeled as "ipboard_1.0.0" and I can see that being confusing to people...one would think it would be labeled/compressed as "bowob_chat_1.0.0" or some equivalent

Yup i agree, well i've got it install but nothing it connecting to say it's working and when i logout and see the bar it's saying i need to login to use it so i click on that and i get "A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again." which i thought i had fixed by changing the permissions and nothing :(

Price is extremely steep when compared to IP.Chat

For example, with IP.Chat I can get 250 chat members for $80 a year.
With BoWoB I get 150 chat members for $588 a year.

Is this program really worth an extra $508 for me for 100 less chat members?

Price is extremely steep when compared to IP.Chat

Agreed. For $20 a year you can IP.Chat with a 20 user limit.

It looks great and all and I would consider this, but for the features I would like (premium), it costs more monthly then hosting my forum monthly.

This is broken cannot even install... There is no install button and I would be interested in it if it was working..

Also needs better installation instructions/ Folders should be labled properly for ease of installation..

I agree, i have got it installed and working but it took me a very long time for me to be able to get this installed then even longer to get working on site.

Once it's working looks great, but way over priced when coming to buy extra slots for others to chat on.....

I agree, i have got it installed and working but it took me a very long time for me to be able to get this installed then even longer to get working on site.

Once it's working looks great, but way over priced when coming to buy extra slots for others to chat on.....

Also if you label a product as "Free" it should be free but I totally agree with you it's way over priced.

I've seen a few reports that the installation of this is a bit tricky, so let me give a few pointers. You must create a new folder under your /admin/applications_addon/other/ directory, and call it "bowob" (without quotes). You then need to upload the contents of the "upload" folder in this file's download into that new "bowob" folder you created. Once you do that, then you should be able to install this app under the Manage Application & Modules page.

I know that most of us that install apps are used to the zip files being properly built so that you can simply upload what's in the "upload" folder and it will put the stuff in the right locations, but that wasn't done with this file. I wanted to let folks know the right way to install this, just in case the author doesn't come by to respond to any issues here in the topic (which seems like it may be a possibility).

I know that most of us that install apps are used to the zip files being properly built so that you can simply upload what's in the "upload" folder and it will put the stuff in the right locations, but that wasn't done with this file. I wanted to let folks know the right way to install this, just in case the author doesn't come by to respond to any issues here in the topic (which seems like it may be a possibility).

I've followed this install guide it works well except upon installation it killed the website...

Killed my localhost =/
I don't even think about trying this on my website.

Archived