Tracker

stoo2000

I'm using a completely different system for Bugs / issues (OTRS), that's why I wanted to use tracker solely for feature requests from the community. So there is no way to hide issues or at least make "suggestion" the default setting?

I'm using a completely different system for Bugs / issues (OTRS), that's why I wanted to use tracker solely for feature requests from the community. So there is no way to hide issues or at least make "suggestion" the default setting?

The easiest way is to probably do as TSP suggested and change wording via the language system.

The other option would be to edit the templates and make the 'suggestion' radio option hidden and selected, so that everything submitted is a 'suggestion'

OK, that's feasible. Disabled the whole DIV section handling the radio buttons. Added
<input type='hidden' name='type' value='suggestion' />
at the end.

On another note: Is there a way to sort features by the number of "likes" they received?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not know if this is lasezione right, but I have a problem with the Tracker. When I go to edit a project, I get this error:

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

The installation is successful and without any problem, but I do not understand this error, can you help me? Thank you for those who wish to respond. :sad: :cry:

I do not know if this is lasezione right, but I have a problem with the Tracker. When I go to edit a project, I get this error:

The installation is successful and without any problem, but I do not understand this error, can you help me? Thank you for those who wish to respond. :sad: :cry:

In your ACP, goto 'Support' > Diagnostics > Database Checker, see if there are any database issues to fix.

If that doesn't work, go to 'Stats & Logs' > Logs > Sql Error Logs and paste the error that is displayed.

Thanks

Stuart

In your ACP, goto 'Support' > Diagnostics > Database Checker, see if there are any database issues to fix.

If that doesn't work, go to 'Stats & Logs' > Logs > Sql Error Logs and paste the error that is displayed.

Thanks

Stuart

Thanks to your advice, I solved the problem with the first option. Thanks again and good day..

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I did. There is just one page?

I have uploaded the please upload me if you update from beta 3 files too. (After I uploaded the normal files)

So... is it okay with both being checked then?

No, you shouldn't see the two options at all.

Could you PM me with FTP/ACP access please.

I can't unfortunately. As we do use git, ssh-login and deploy scripts.

I could send you a zip with the current contents of the git-repo however in a private message. That would be the best I could do.

I might just revert the commit for now.

(I'm currently test upgrading from version 3.2.3 and uploaded new versions of all apps before I started the upgrade. Now I can't login to acp without updating IP.Tracker)

Edited by TSP

I can't unfortunately. As we do use git, ssh-login and deploy scripts.

I could send you a zip with the current contents of the git-repo however in a private message. That would be the best I could do.

I might just revert the commit for now.

(I'm currently test upgrading from version 3.2.3 and uploaded new versions of all apps before I started the upgrade. Now I can't login to acp without updating IP.Tracker)

try deleting /app..addons/ips/tracker

• 3 weeks later...

try deleting /app..addons/ips/tracker

I'm late on following up on this. I have now removed the folder and added the folders as instructed.

When I go to the admin-location I am now prompted to upgrade and it lists Tracker only once beneath Third Party Applications. However, I encounter this error message:

Error: An older copy of Tracker's files still exist, please remove the /path/www/admin/applications_addon/ips/tracker/ folder before continuing.

But that folder should exist according to the instructions included in the PDF...? I am upgrading from Tracker 2.1.0 Beta 3.

Reference:

If you are upgrading from Tracker version 2.1.0 Beta 3 or earlier, you must also upload the contents of this folder:

./IF UPDATING FROM 210 Beta 3 OR EARLIER/

The only files/folders I now have in the mentioned folder is now this:

[preben@creeper ~]$ ls -lh /path/www/admin/applications_addon/ips/tracker/
total 8.0K
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Aug  9 15:21 setup
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Aug  9 15:21 xml
[preben@creeper ~]$ ls -lh /path/www/admin/applications_addon/ips/tracker/setup
total 4.0K
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.6K Aug  9 15:21 upgradeCheck.php
[preben@creeper ~]$ ls -lh /path/www/admin/applications_addon/ips/tracker/xml
total 4.0K
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3.0K Aug  9 15:21 versions.xml

So should I just remove the folder then, even though that is what is included in the folder I am asked to upload in the instructions?

I ended up just editing www/admin/applications_addon/other/tracker/setup/upgradeCheck.php to return true regardless. Installation seems to have gone through fine.

But you have an mysql strict issue on editing:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 13:58:49 +0000
 Error: 1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'use_sig' at row 1
 IP Address: 127.0.0.1 - /index.php?s=*&app=tracker&module=ajax&section=xmlout&do=editBoxSave&p=6047&iid=1318&pid=3
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: UPDATE ippbe_tracker_posts SET author_id=58981,use_sig='',use_emo=1,ip_address='127.0.0.1',post_date=1376056720,post='test to her',author_name='TSP',issue_id=1318,queued=1,post_htmlstate='',edit_time=1376056729,edit_name='TSP',post_edit_reason='',append_edit=0 WHERE pid=6047
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | admin/applications_addon/other/tracker/sources/classes/post_edit.php       | [db_main_mysql].update                                                        | 283               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | admin/applications_addon/other/tracker/sources/classes/post_edit.php       | [tracker_core_post_edit].savePost                                             | 169               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | admin/applications_addon/other/tracker/modules_public/ajax/xmlout.php      | [tracker_core_post_edit].processPost                                          | 145               |
 | admin/applications_addon/other/tracker/modules_public/ajax/xmlout.php      | [public_tracker_ajax_xmlout].editBoxSave                                      | 44                |
 | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php                                       | [public_tracker_ajax_xmlout].doExecute                                        | 421               |
 | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php                                       | [ipsAjaxCommand].execute                                                      | 120               |

The reason for it is that the IPS version of the upgrader needs to run to update the database, because the app is moved to the 'other' app.

You should follow the upgrader instructions where you are asked to remove the ips/tracker folder, and then run the upgrader again. the upgrader included in the /ips folder won't actually upgrade anything.

I didn't get any message during the upgrade I think to remove the folder. But I may have missed it and just clicked next prematurely on a step?

I can't see anything else mentioned in the PDF-instructions other than upload the contents of IF ... BETA 3... -folder atleast.

Are you aware of the mysql strict issue?