Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz ♞

Hello, Thanks for such a great skin.I am a complete newb, so I apologize if these questions are elementary. I am just now starting to work on it. But I have a few questions that will probably be pretty easy for most to answer.

1) I have my own png file for a background. Where do I install this and do I have to rename it to something, to make it my background? (I do NOT want to allow the members to change background.)

2) Is there a way to put a install a different background image for each forum? (example, a Call of Duty themed background for that forum, and a Battle Field themed one for it's forum?)

3) How do I lock the background in place, so when scrolling, the background does NOT scroll.

4) Am I able to put a logo image up in the header area? (I already added padding, so it is bigger) I realize that the logo will either scroll up with the window, or get covered when scrolling.

Thank you SOO much if anyone can help me.

Board index Layout: Topic Mode

default color: #15a1a6

Main Title Texture: maintitle1

default css class: style6

All pages of the community follow this style... except of the start page. The start page seems to ignore default color. It is in grey :rofl: I have checked it in different browsers, no luck. The start page (QA) is grey and all other pages use default color.

All pages of the community follow this style... except of the start page. The start page seems to ignore default color. It is in grey :rofl: I have checked it in different browsers, no luck. The start page (QA) is grey and all other pages use default color.

Have figured it out. This is due to this piece of code:

<if test="$this->settings['light_slider_on'] OR $this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_customization'] ">
<script>
if (!window.jQuery) {
document.write("<" + "script type='text/javascript' src='http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js'></" + "script>");
}
</script>
</if>

I have switched off slider and customization. Hence jquery is not loaded and background cannot be set. I am not sure why it has impact only on board index though. If I allow slider or customization the issue disappears. However, this is not a solution, as I do not want slider and customization right now.

Board index Layout: Topic Mode

default color: #15a1a6

Main Title Texture: maintitle1

default css class: style6

What you mean exactly by ignoring the style? The QA board index left side menu?

Thank for the support last time, I have currently run into another issue involving the discussion section of the (RSyvarth) Social Groups 2.0.4 application, it appears faded either black or white depending on the theme chosen. It renders it completely unusable.

-Thanks

I do not have this app. Is there a live preview?

I've come across an issue with the dark skin. When I insert a gallery image from My Media into a post, the resulting image has a large white box with the image details when its clicked on, causing the text to be difficult to read.

attachicon.gifmymedia_galleryimage01.jpg

attachicon.gifmymedia_galleryimage02.jpg

Hello, whcih IP.Gallyery version? is there a live preview?

Hello, Thanks for such a great skin.I am a complete newb, so I apologize if these questions are elementary. I am just now starting to work on it. But I have a few questions that will probably be pretty easy for most to answer.

1) I have my own png file for a background. Where do I install this and do I have to rename it to something, to make it my background? (I do NOT want to allow the members to change background.)

The easiest way is to replce on of the premade background with your image. Background images in the folder

/public/style_images/your-maxx-skin-images-folder/css/

2) Is there a way to put a install a different background image for each forum? (example, a Call of Duty themed background for that forum, and a Battle Field themed one for it's forum?)

No build-in method to do it.

3) How do I lock the background in place, so when scrolling, the background does NOT scroll.

scrolling background usefull for pattern backgrounds. All information about image css can be found here

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

4) Am I able to put a logo image up in the header area? (I already added padding, so it is bigger) I realize that the logo will either scroll up with the window, or get covered when scrolling.

what is the dimensions of your logo?

What you mean exactly by ignoring the style? The QA board index left side menu?

I mean the entire board index looks like the default color were gray. All other pages do use default color, e. g. pink or green. But the board index is not colorized.

You can reproduce it by switching off slider and customization. In this case the board index will loose the default color.

Additionally, if I enable slider in IP.Content, every user gets on every page (not only IP.Content) a close link for the slider. The link points to not translatable tab in the user profile

post-148644-0-42019000-1381054083_thumb.

1. This tab should not be shown, if I do not allow customization.

2. This tab should be translatable.

3. The link to this tab makes no sense on the pages where slider is not shown.

The easiest way is to replce on of the premade background with your image. Background images in the folder

/public/style_images/your-maxx-skin-images-folder/css/

Which image is the main background for the dark maxx skin? Unfortunately, Right now I just put the link into the styles CSS. But I don't think it is exactly right, cuz when I use my android phone, it does not show the background. Altho another site who uses this skin, shows their background fine. (They are not friendly, so they won't help me with coding)

No build-in method to do it. Bummer :(

scrolling background usefull for pattern backgrounds. All information about image css can be found here

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

what is the dimensions of your logo?

Been working on this skin to make it more "ours" and "unique" for our site. (Also recommended it to a few other communities, so hopefully more business comes your way!)

Anyways, I have a few questions about the slider. It's obviously easiest to use the block and let the slides come from the articles. This allows our news team to keep it updated, without having to give anyone admin passwords and accessing the admin. Some things I would like to know:

1) Is there any way to make one or two slides permanent, but without being an article. Example, we would like to have one slide letting visitors know that we are recruiting.

2) I absolutely LOVE having the slide images zooming in, or moving from right to left, etc... But when linked to articles, the images remain static. Is there a way to change this??

3) Again, when linked to articles, the title and despcription is always on the bottom. Any way to be able to change them to the side or have a choice?

Oh, and this one is big: We really only want the slider on the frontpage. And not in the forums page or any other page. But when we choose it to be in the content page only, the darn 3 blocks take it's place. (ask an expert, etc...) Is there a way to get rid of those boxes, or better yet, be able to add an image, change the text and links, so we could put what we want?

Thanks.