Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz ♞

Any headway on these two questions? Thanks!

I've had a few ideas.

If you're not familiar with the Featured Content mod, it basically pulls articles or new topics in from specified forum categories and puts them into a slider at the top of the page. It is similiar to the slider in Maxx but it only grabs the first picture and the title. There isn't a teaser paragraph.

I don't mind hand jamming the info in, but what if you could rearrange the slide order in the ACP, or have a setting on slide 8 (the last slide) that's a check box to move it into position #1 when you save. This way if you use the slider for news and articles its easy to just keep adding instead of having to constantly re-arrange.

Does that make sense?

Another question (sorry!)

Anyway to see on the main forum page if there are new posts under category mode? Currently you have to go into the subforum to view this.

Anyway to change this?

I just manually updated to 3.4.4, and I found a small issue. Before, when you mouse-over'd the Private Message button, there was an immediate drop down where you saw your recent messages. That does not happen now. I can click the icon and go to my messages in a new page, but there is no more "pop-up" like there was in 3.4.3. Same thing goes for my profile name.

Any ideas?

*As a followup, none of my drop-down menus appear to work properly. From navigation menus to private messages? Quick fix please?

I recently changed my slider settings to "IP.Content articles" from "Manual" because it is much more convenient. However, I liked the moving images in the Manual setting. Is there a way to get the images to move like that with it set for "IP.Content articles"?

I recently changed my slider settings to "IP.Content articles" from "Manual" because it is much more convenient. However, I liked the moving images in the Manual setting. Is there a way to get the images to move like that with it set for "IP.Content articles"?

IPCONTENT > Blocks > Editing: maxx_articles_slider_integration > Find(CTRL+F) data-kenburn="off", and change off, to "on". Save.

I'm wondering if the problem I am having is tied to this skin.

Problem:

Clicking on the latest gallery images on the home page in IE or Chrome it loads fine and the theme looks like it should.

In Firefox the page looks like it loads with no css or something.

Here is what it looks like in IE or Chrome:

post-369919-0-09704600-1370022508_thumb.

Here is Firefox:

post-369919-0-35849400-1370022507_thumb.

Can anyone explain?

Currently using:

MAXX Dark 3.4.4 Build1

IPBoard 3.4.5

IPGllery 5.0.5
IPContent 2.3.6

I grabbed this theme today the slider was working just fine but now all it does is load and nothing displays can anyone help me with it

Are you now viewing as a guest, if IP content articles are not set to be seen by guests the slider will inherit those permissions and not display them. :)

Articles > Articles Configuration > Editing Database: Articles (Click permissions)

I'm wondering if the problem I am having is tied to this skin.

Problem:

Clicking on the latest gallery images on the home page in IE or Chrome it loads fine and the theme looks like it should.

In Firefox the page looks like it loads with no css or something.

Here is what it looks like in IE or Chrome:

attachicon.gifie_example.JPG

Here is Firefox:

attachicon.giffirefox_example.JPG

Can anyone explain?

Currently using:

MAXX Dark 3.4.4 Build1

IPBoard 3.4.5

IPGllery 5.0.5
IPContent 2.3.6

Interesting, could you send over a link to your site making sure the gallery is set to visible for guests? Alternatively send me an account to view via pm.

Thanks

I have another question.. Is it possible to get the entire slider image to be a link to the article?

Not at this time, no. It has been suggested before however. :smile:

I didn't see this asked, can both light and dark run on one board or will that be an issue with hook settings?

also thought the ask/answer could be disabled but not see that now.

There are two different setting groups and keys, so I assume it will work for both. I will check for you now.

Just checked, no conflicts. The ask/answer can be disabled, http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/365575-download-maxx-skin-darklight-the-most-advanced-skin/page-38#entry2387764

hi,

Recently I purchased this skin and I have a doubt about the slider. Until now, thanks to the comments of this topic I could set the slider smoothly, but I encounter a problem that I have not been asked, think... (if not, excuse me). In the slider, all the images perform the same movement effect. How I can modify the moves for each image?

many thanks

I don't now if this is something that can be fixed, but on my forum, the Maxx Light skin creates the "More" drop down in the navigation bar, but if I click on it it only shows "Forums". Is this something that can be fixed, I don't really now why it does this. Since it only have one link in the drop down menu.

I am using one of your forum layouts "category mode" and the templating for last post information and replies/posts could use some love. It is missing a lot of last post info, and is not easy to navigate. Can we fix this? Or perhaps can you tell me what code I need to put where to make the first picture have the lastpostinfo of the second picture? (avatar, last user, etc.)

DkmorWP.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="DkmorWP.jpg">

NeyOjYl.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="NeyOjYl.png">

I'd like to be able to use descriptions and have the avatar shown regardless of the mode used. In essence I'd like to simply take the entire look of the second picture (for each forum) and implement it in Category mode.

hi,

Recently I purchased this skin and I have a doubt about the slider. Until now, thanks to the comments of this topic I could set the slider smoothly, but I encounter a problem that I have not been asked, think... (if not, excuse me). In the slider, all the images perform the same movement effect. How I can modify the moves for each image?

many thanks

Hi,

There should be slider documents enclosed to answer your question. Slider Documents folder included in the download.

Not sure if this has been asked...

Any way to get the welcome slider block to work on the light skin as well as the dark skin?

System Settings > Maxx_light SKIN > Maxx_light slider settings

Make sure its enabled in the Light Skin settings hook. And if that setting group does not exist, be sure to upload it (Included in the maxx light download)

I don't now if this is something that can be fixed, but on my forum, the Maxx Light skin creates the "More" drop down in the navigation bar, but if I click on it it only shows "Forums". Is this something that can be fixed, I don't really now why it does this. Since it only have one link in the drop down menu.

Based on width, the more drop downmenu will appear on all skins if its below a certain width.