Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz ♞

Recently Asked Questions Part 1:

1- can you tell me a way to put a little tiny graphic next to the "text" logo? :rofl:

question link answer link

2- Is there a way to remove individual social media icons that appear in the top right corner? I want to keep all but one or two.?

3- I see the "default css class" but I have no idea how to use this?

4-I can't seem to get the article block for ip.content to work. Any chance of a small tutorial on how to do it. I mean I've made blocks before but for some reason this one isn't taking. This is what I'm doing, so tell me if I'm wrong.?

5- Anyway to reduce the size of the actual slider? And also the images you put inside the slider? I want to just adjust the height of them really.?

question link answer link answer link 2

6- I just updated to latest IP suite and MAXX dark skin and I get this error after selecting the theme in the footer theme drop down select.

I clear cache a few times, I have no idea what this error is. The other themes work fine.

Warning: require_once(/home/site/public_html/public//style_images/master/php/conf.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/site/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_global.php on line 2299
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/site/public_html/public//style_images/master/php/conf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/home/site/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/site/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_global.php on line 2299

Recently Asked Questions Part 2:

1 - Is this skin compatible with http://community.inv...1-promenu-plus/

2- How do I remove/disable the 'Ask'-'Answer'-'Ask an expert' panel, at the top of the index page?

3- I see on your demo site for the skin, you have added a navigation tab for the Client Area. How is that done?

4- The user being able to switch to Performance means that they then see the board in default mode. Can I hide/disable this tab altogether, so the user doesn’t even have the option of using it?

5- Many of my forums on the index page have missing images. I understand from the help documents that I can make my own and upload them to use, but I have to

do this for every single forum id? Should this page be using default images for these? Can I correct that?

6- I would like to change the background colour and to keep it as a fixed colour and prevent anybody changing this colour.

The colour scheme I add will be part of my overall branding image however I am unable to change it successfully.

How do we do this please?

7- Hi.. is it possible to take out the "&" in the "0 topics &0 replies"

and just leave a space. its in the category mode....thanks

Hoping to hear more about this:

Ajouz - Had another odd bug. Seems the dots at the bottom of the slider do not stay in sync with the articles. For example, the first dot is highlighted when the welcome screen appears. Then, when the first article appears, the 4th dot is filled in instead of the 2nd. I took a screenshot:

zbizF5C.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="zbizF5C.png">

The red arrow is the dot that should be lit up.

Other useful info: Slider is set to use Ip Content articles.

Hello, first off, great theme. I love the fully-featured functionality, one of the best themes here on IPB for sure. I purchased this theme for a new project of mine that uses a wordpress site for the main page/blog content and IP.Boards for its forum functionality. After purchasing this theme I have begun changing a few things like the background image attempting to make the transition from my WordPress site/Theme over to the forums as seamless as possible for users but I am having a bit of problem with the background image. I am no coder, and have very limited knowledge when it comes to the CSS side of things so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

The problem:

The background image used on the WordPress theme is significantly smaller then my monitor (and most other peoples monitors these days) so when uploaded to the Max theme in IP.Boards it creates an ugly tiled effect. I was hoping if at all possible to match the effect produced on my WP Home-page, or at least come close. I am hoping to get the image to remain static (in place) and hopefully retain a similar scrolling effect to the background on my WP homepage. I.E. When the page is scrolled down, the image stays in place, or repeats the texture part of the image rather then placing new repeating images blow the first one.

Is this possible? Does it require coding changes to reproduce? Any change someone could give me some advice here, or take a shot at it for me? My apologies if something similar has been asked before.

Site aegis-gaming.com forums are accessible at aegis-gaming.com/forums

Hello

Yes it is.

1. So download and save this as back2.png, and this saved as back2full.png and upload them both to yourimagedir/css/
  2. Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Manage Templates in Maxx > CSS Tab > ips-skins.css

Find
    .thumb2, .style2
    and replace it out with the below. This assumes, that this is called back2.png, and that this is called back2full.png

.thumb2, .style2 {
    background:url({style_images_url}/css/back2full.png)no-repeat fixed center, url({style_images_url}/css/back2.png)repeat;
    }

Hope it helps, if it doesn't PM me and I'll give you a hand.

Hello

Yes it is.

1. So download and save this as back2.png, and this saved as back2full.png and upload them both to yourimagedir/css/
  2. Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Manage Templates in Maxx > CSS Tab > ips-skins.css

Find
    .thumb2, .style2
    and replace it out with the below. This assumes, that this is called back2.png, and that this is called back2full.png

.thumb2, .style2 {
    background:url({style_images_url}/css/back2full.png)no-repeat fixed center, url({style_images_url}/css/back2.png)repeat;
    }

Hope it helps, if it doesn't PM me and I'll give you a hand.

Wow, thanks a ton. This worked perfectly and certainly makes the transition from WP to IPB much smoother. This is Exactly what I needed.

Thanks again,

-Nyborg

Hate noobs — me :cry:

Created a block - super simple html for now. Cannot figure out how to get it into the right hand column of the homepage. Tried looking through the boardindex template but with no luck. Help.

BTW, I'm just trying to insert the {parse block="blockname"} line.

Sorry all.

Hate noobs — me :cry:

Created a block - super simple html for now. Cannot figure out how to get it into the right hand column of the homepage. Tried looking through the boardindex template but with no luck. Help.

BTW, I'm just trying to insert the {parse block="blockname"} line.

Sorry all.

IP Content pages is managed > Other apps > Content > Pages. boardIndex template is for the forum only :)

Insert the block there in your index.html page.

Yes,

System Settings > Maxx SKIN > Maxx slider settings

Set Slider Enabled ? to No.

Thanks for the quick answer. However, I think you may have misunderstood my question, or perhaps I misunderstood your answer. I already have "Set Slider" Disabled in the MAXX skin settings, which brings up the alternate header area, with the default "Ask" "Answer" "Ask an Expert" fields. I am trying to remove this completely so that my forums begin direictly under the Nav Bar area. See picture for details:

Untitled-3_zpsa2669df8.png' alt='' class" alt="Untitled-3_zpsa2669df8.png">

http://teamlegacy.net/

If you view my promenu - specifically the "TL Chapters" menu, the images are stacking on top of each other. In any other skin, you will see it displays correctly.

The very last image/selection in each menu shows correctly.

found it
[11:44:53 PM] : .skip_moremenu li
[11:45:04 PM] : hasa static height on this skin
[11:45:07 PM] : killing that
[11:45:50 PM] : .skip_moremenu li {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #323232;
height: 20px;
}
[11:46:08 PM] : .skip_moremenu li {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #323232;
}
[11:46:17 PM] : fixes it
Had another IPB guy fix it for me. Thanks anyway.

Just installed the theme and I am unable to get any images to show up in the slider and am also unable to get any videos to show up either just blank

link to boards http://successfulendeavours.net/mcc/

I just noticed the images you use is not valid images link.

for example, you use this link

but this is the link to page which contain the image not the direct image link

the image direct link is

so this is the problem: wrong images links.

Best regards.

THANKS!! didnt realize the image links were not direct just fixed that now the videos are showing up fine Thanks for the response Love this theme by the way Excellent work !

Just getting back into working with Invision boards after a long hiatus and was very pleased to see this theme and to be working with it

Ok now I am apparently having an issue with the slider freezing on the next to the last slide no matter how many slides I use.

THANKS!! didnt realize the image links were not direct just fixed that now the videos are showing up fine Thanks for the response Love this theme by the way Excellent work !

Just getting back into working with Invision boards after a long hiatus and was very pleased to see this theme and to be working with it

Ok now I am apparently having an issue with the slider freezing on the next to the last slide no matter how many slides I use.

Check slide 5 in your settings, and make sure the URL you supplied is valid. It doesn't appear to be a valid one.