Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz ♞

I browsed through this topic looking for this answer but haven't found it yet.

I already have the slider only on the front page of the forums but I would like to remove the replacement block. I would rather not have the "Ask" "Answer" and "Ask an Expert" blocks on each page. It takes up too much vertical space with all the other apps/hooks I have installed.

Thanks for this great skin! Let me know if you need screenshots.

hey ajouz - Have another customization question for you.

On my forum page, I'd like to move some things around. Can you help walk me through this? I'm sure it's just adjusting a certain template file, but which one?

QttHoIq.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="QttHoIq.png">

In case it's unclear, I want to shift the Red square portion down a bit, then move the "Recent Status Updates" to the long, skinny green square area which will be above the forums. Might this be possible?

I browsed through this topic looking for this answer but haven't found it yet.

I already have the slider only on the front page of the forums but I would like to remove the replacement block. I would rather not have the "Ask" "Answer" and "Ask an Expert" blocks on each page. It takes up too much vertical space with all the other apps/hooks I have installed.

Thanks for this great skin! Let me know if you need screenshots.

Hello ,

the simplest way is to open the template called sub_header and delete the contents .

localhost33adminindexph.png

hey ajouz - Have another customization question for you.

On my forum page, I'd like to move some things around. Can you help walk me through this? I'm sure it's just adjusting a certain template file, but which one?

QttHoIq.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="QttHoIq.png">

In case it's unclear, I want to shift the Red square portion down a bit, then move the "Recent Status Updates" to the long, skinny green square area which will be above the forums. Might this be possible?

if you want to do things like this you need to change hook point in recent topic hook from side bar to above category loop .nothing to do with the skin

see the screen :

Does the light version come with the IP.Content blocks as well?

yes there some extra free ip.content blocks

thanks

Posted a highly positive review comment :smile:

Oh no I might have found a bug! I have the slider set to pull Ip Content articles, however it completely ignores the "Teaser Paragraph" field and only pull text directly from the "body" of the article.

open the block maxx_articles_slider_integration

find

$r['content']

replace it by

$r['teaser_paragraph']}

thanks .

Hi
Just i want to know the css and the position in it to find the code to make the lines more close..
I ask invision but they told me to ask the creator of the skin.
The distance between the lines is to long, to open.
I would like to make more close...
Can you tell me the file, the position and the symbol to find the code to change it??
Thanks a lot...

post-366667-0-62573600-1365065271_thumb.

Hi Ajouz! Thanks for making such a fantastic skin, I've been using it for almost a year now and I've been completely satisfied with it.

Unfortunately as of Tuesday I began noticing an error with the skin. Effectively, my site's theme seems to "disappear". It might be more accurate to say that only part of it loads, some of the essential features are there, but the layout is off and the background image and color settings are missing.

Here are a couple of screenshots comparing the instances:

Normal

sitenormal.png

Bugged

sitemessedup.png

I've already tried clearing both my browser cache as well as the site and theme's caches, to no avail. The issue seems to be specific to Google Chrome, and began out of the blue - I hadn't updated either the skin or IP Board recently.

All the users I've asked who browse the site using chrome encounter the issue when refreshing a page, i.e. if I were viewing "http://darkstar-guild.com/hub" and then refreshed it or even clicked the banner image which redirects to that same URL, it would present me with the site in the second image. If I then went to another page (i.e. http://darkstar-guild.com/forums) it would appear as normal, but refreshing that page from itself would create the issue as well. Refreshing the pages once the issue has appeared does not resolve it, however refreshing while holding down "ctrl" does, until another normal refresh is performed.

I've confirmed that this issue persists on a friend's website that uses the same theme, as well. I contacted Invision Power support to see if they would be able to help, and was told that they "had just assisted another customer with exactly the same issue. It was narrowed down to the image slider that is part of the header of the skin - it's somehow conflicting with the CSS on the page and causing it to drop out when the page is refreshed."

Hopefully there's a solution that doesn't require me to completely disable the image slider!

Hi
Just i want to know the css and the position in it to find the code to make the lines more close..
I ask invision but they told me to ask the creator of the skin.
The distance between the lines is to long, to open.
I would like to make more close...
Can you tell me the file, the position and the symbol to find the code to change it??
Thanks a lot...

is there a live preview ? or big screenshot explain where is this area ?

Hi Ajouz! Thanks for making such a fantastic skin, I've been using it for almost a year now and I've been completely satisfied with it.

Unfortunately as of Tuesday I began noticing an error with the skin. Effectively, my site's theme seems to "disappear". It might be more accurate to say that only part of it loads, some of the essential features are there, but the layout is off and the background image and color settings are missing.

Here are a couple of screenshots comparing the instances:

Normal

sitenormal.png

Bugged

sitemessedup.png

I've already tried clearing both my browser cache as well as the site and theme's caches, to no avail. The issue seems to be specific to Google Chrome, and began out of the blue - I hadn't updated either the skin or IP Board recently.

All the users I've asked who browse the site using chrome encounter the issue when refreshing a page, i.e. if I were viewing "http://darkstar-guild.com/hub" and then refreshed it or even clicked the banner image which redirects to that same URL, it would present me with the site in the second image. If I then went to another page (i.e. http://darkstar-guild.com/forums) it would appear as normal, but refreshing that page from itself would create the issue as well. Refreshing the pages once the issue has appeared does not resolve it, however refreshing while holding down "ctrl" does, until another normal refresh is performed.

I've confirmed that this issue persists on a friend's website that uses the same theme, as well. I contacted Invision Power support to see if they would be able to help, and was told that they "had just assisted another customer with exactly the same issue. It was narrowed down to the image slider that is part of the header of the skin - it's somehow conflicting with the CSS on the page and causing it to drop out when the page is refreshed."

Hopefully there's a solution that doesn't require me to completely disable the image slider!

I checked this in chrome and I did not noticed the problem . I will check this again and inform you asap .

the bug only in chrome ?

Best regards .

I checked this in chrome and I did not noticed the problem . I will check this again and inform you asap .

the bug only in chrome ?

Best regards .

Yeah, from the testing I and some users have done we don't encounter it in either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I'm using Chrome version 26.0.1410.43 m. I did have one user tell me that they weren't having the issue with Chrome, and they were using the same version, but so far everyone else I've asked to test it (including people who have never been to the website before) have reported encountering the same thing.

I just updated to latest IP suite and MAXX dark skin and I get this error after selecting the theme in the footer theme drop down select.

I clear cache a few times, I have no idea what this error is. The other themes work fine.

Warning: require_once(/home/site/public_html/public//style_images/master/php/conf.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/site/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_global.php on line 2299

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/site/public_html/public//style_images/master/php/conf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/home/site/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/site/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_global.php on line 2299

Yeah, from the testing I and some users have done we don't encounter it in either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I'm using Chrome version 26.0.1410.43 m. I did have one user tell me that they weren't having the issue with Chrome, and they were using the same version, but so far everyone else I've asked to test it (including people who have never been to the website before) have reported encountering the same thing.

still can not confirm the problem .

can you please post a big screenshot which show the full page ?

Best regards.

I just updated to latest IP suite and MAXX dark skin and I get this error after selecting the theme in the footer theme drop down select.

I clear cache a few times, I have no idea what this error is. The other themes work fine.

Warning: require_once(/home/site/public_html/public//style_images/master/php/conf.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/site/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_global.php on line 2299

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/site/public_html/public//style_images/master/php/conf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/home/site/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/site/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_11/skin_global.php on line 2299

you use the wrong images folder with the skin

go to skin settings and change the Use image directory?

localhost33adminindexph.png' alt='' clas" alt="localhost33adminindexph.png">

Best regards .

I have yet to fully read through all 39 pages to see if this is already answerd but the documentation that leads to how to setup a slider seems rather daunting for somebody who is just starting this mess. Would it be possible to get some assisatnce with that? I love the skin so far and have nothing but great things to say about how clean and sexy it looks. Now to get it tuned to my site... thanks for any and all information you can provide in advance.

I have yet to fully read through all 39 pages to see if this is already answerd but the documentation that leads to how to setup a slider seems rather daunting for somebody who is just starting this mess. Would it be possible to get some assisatnce with that? I love the skin so far and have nothing but great things to say about how clean and sexy it looks. Now to get it tuned to my site... thanks for any and all information you can provide in advance.

Hello,

did you tried the slider settings ?

there is something called quick start with many setting to setup the slider .