Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz ♞

Hey Ajouz,
I purchased MAXX (dark) last night and really like it! I did, however, hit a roadblock when setting up my Facebook authorization app. Here is the error message I get when trying to sign-in:
Error
An error occurred. Please try again later.
API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.
Any ideas? The Twitter authentication works fine, btw.
Evan
ratemyedc.com
PS- please let me know if there is a good place I could go to get help on MAXX issues (so I don't need to contact you directly).

I am not sure how can I help , can you try the tools like Rebuild Master Skin Data and cache skins? if this does not work send me PM and then we can try to find a solution
Best regards .

I was also thinking of installing Awards HQ for use with your MAXX (dark) skin. Would you advise against it or should it work seamlessly?

Hey Ajouz,

I purchased MAXX (dark) last night and really like it! I did, however, hit a roadblock when setting up my Facebook authorization app. Here is the error message I get when trying to sign-in:

Error

An error occurred. Please try again later.

API Error Code: 191

API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application

Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

Any ideas? The Twitter authentication works fine, btw.

Evan

ratemyedc.com

PS- please let me know if there is a good place I could go to get help on MAXX issues (so I don't need to contact you directly).

this is integration error

maybe you can read this article

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/new-docs/ipboard/promotion/facebook-login-integration-r662

for support you can use this topic , I always check it and reply as soon as possible

I was also thinking of installing Awards HQ for use with your MAXX (dark) skin. Would you advise against it or should it work seamlessly?

the problem was in different app and not related to Awards HQ .

Best regards .

I'm curious how I can customize a couple of aspects to the template color theme:

1) When ever a user uses the search function and they select search terms the chosen background color creates a box around there selection making it hard to read... any way to fix the colors?attachicon.gifpagesearchcolor.jpg

2) The core of the template on certain pages doesn't extend to the bottom and the background pattern seems to stop as well depending on the amount of content that fills this core you get something like this:
attachicon.gifpagecolorbottom.jpg

Is there a way as I find this occurring on pages to edit the CSS to make sure the body of the skin extends to the bottom of the users browser window?

Ajouz I do appreciate you compiling those responses to fixes... though I was wondering if you had any insight regarding the flow of the skin as quoted above... Thanks.

Hi,

Another quesiton. When you disable the slider on every page except the homepage you get this: ask questions and get answers from our community etc. etc. I've gone to the System Settings section and tried to change the text under "Alternative Header Texts" but no matter what I put in, the text on the actual webpage doesn't change. Also I want to change the images on the alternative header but I can't because they don't seem to be linked to any image files.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Another quesiton. When you disable the slider on every page except the homepage you get this: ask questions and get answers from our community etc. etc. I've gone to the System Settings section and tried to change the text under "Alternative Header Texts" but no matter what I put in, the text on the actual webpage doesn't change. Also I want to change the images on the alternative header but I can't because they don't seem to be linked to any image files.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

thanks for your bug report , it seemed that I forget to export this template in the last update .

for manual fix

open the template called sub_header and replace the content by

<div id="QA-banner">  
<if test="$this->settings['light_slider_on']">
<a class='close-slider' href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=usercp&amp;tab=core&amp;area=Maxx_light" base="public"}'></a>
</if>
    <ul>
      <li id="QA-banner-ask">
          <div>
            <h2><a>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Ask_Title']}</a></h2>
                          <div>
<p>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Ask_Desc']} </em>  </p>         

<p class="cta"><a class='ipsButton_secondary' href="{parse url="app=core&amp;module=global&amp;section=navigation&amp;inapp=forums" base="public"}" rel="quickNavigation" accesskey='9' id='' title='' data-tooltip="{$this->lang->words['launch_quicknav']}"><span><span><span><span id='four_blocks'>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Ask_Link']}</span></span></span></span></a></p>  
   </div>
                      </div>
        </form>
      </li>
      <li id="QA-banner-answer">
        <div>
          <h2><a>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Answer_Title']}</a></h2>
                      <p>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Answer_Desc']}   </p>
            <p class="cta"><a class='ipsButton_secondary'  href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=search&amp;do=viewNewContent&amp;search_app=<if test="viewnewcontentapp:|:$this->registry->getCurrentApplication() != 'core' AND IPSLib::appIsSearchable( $this->registry->getCurrentApplication() )">{$this->registry->getCurrentApplication()}<else />forums</if>" base="public"}' accesskey='2'><span><span><span><span id='four_blocks'>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Answer_Link']}</span></span></span></span></a></p>        
          </div>
      </li>
      <li id="QA-banner-discover">
        <div>
          <h2><a>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Expert_Title']}</a></h2>
                      <p>  {$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Expert_Desc']}</p>
            <p class="cta"><a class='ipsButton_secondary'  href="{parse url="app=forums&amp;module=extras&amp;section=stats&amp;do=leaders" base="public"}" title="{$this->lang->words['sm_forum_leaders_title']}"><span><span><span><span id='four_blocks'>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Expert_Link']}</span></span></span></span></a></p>                  </div>
      </li>
    </ul>
  </div>

localhost33adminindexph.png

images in skin image folder under a folder called images

Hey Ajouz, build 3 is a great update and fixes quite a lot! Thank you. I have three bugs to report.

1) As it is now all links are white and look like the rest of the text in a post. How can I change the color of links to a gold color? The circled text in this pic is a link. Most people would miss it unless they hovered over it with their mouse.

2) The highlight color is the same color as the background color in quotes. In this picture the bottom line is actually highlighted so it can be right clicked and copied, but its hard to tell if you are selected the correct text.

post-2852-0-68537700-1360805466_thumb.jp

3) When attaching images from my media the mouseover color of images is very bright and blends in with the font color.

post-2852-0-01556700-1360805466_thumb.jp

Slowly plowing my way through this extensive skin. No idea how you made this- truly an amazing feat!

For some reason, my category and forum images are not showing up. Is there an enable button somewhere I've missed? I followed your instructions and the image files were uploaded to the correct folder- I just need the images to show up.

Thanks!

thanks for your bug report , it seemed that I forget to export this template in the last update .

for manual fix

open the template called sub_header and replace the content by

<div id="QA-banner">  
<if test="$this->settings['light_slider_on']">
<a class='close-slider' href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=usercp&amp;tab=core&amp;area=Maxx_light" base="public"}'></a>
</if>
    <ul>
      <li id="QA-banner-ask">
          <div>
            <h2><a>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Ask_Title']}</a></h2>
                          <div>
<p>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Ask_Desc']} </em>  </p>         

<p class="cta"><a class='ipsButton_secondary' href="{parse url="app=core&amp;module=global&amp;section=navigation&amp;inapp=forums" base="public"}" rel="quickNavigation" accesskey='9' id='' title='' data-tooltip="{$this->lang->words['launch_quicknav']}"><span><span><span><span id='four_blocks'>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Ask_Link']}</span></span></span></span></a></p>  
   </div>
                      </div>
        </form>
      </li>
      <li id="QA-banner-answer">
        <div>
          <h2><a>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Answer_Title']}</a></h2>
                      <p>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Answer_Desc']}   </p>
            <p class="cta"><a class='ipsButton_secondary'  href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=search&amp;do=viewNewContent&amp;search_app=<if test="viewnewcontentapp:|:$this->registry->getCurrentApplication() != 'core' AND IPSLib::appIsSearchable( $this->registry->getCurrentApplication() )">{$this->registry->getCurrentApplication()}<else />forums</if>" base="public"}' accesskey='2'><span><span><span><span id='four_blocks'>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Answer_Link']}</span></span></span></span></a></p>        
          </div>
      </li>
      <li id="QA-banner-discover">
        <div>
          <h2><a>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Expert_Title']}</a></h2>
                      <p>  {$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Expert_Desc']}</p>
            <p class="cta"><a class='ipsButton_secondary'  href="{parse url="app=forums&amp;module=extras&amp;section=stats&amp;do=leaders" base="public"}" title="{$this->lang->words['sm_forum_leaders_title']}"><span><span><span><span id='four_blocks'>{$this->settings[$this->settings['ipsskinscom_name'].'_Expert_Link']}</span></span></span></span></a></p>                  </div>
      </li>
    </ul>
  </div>

localhost33adminindexph.png

images in skin image folder under a folder called images

Thanks, man. Awesome skin btw.

Great response time, Ajouz!

I updated my layout.css and replaced the sub_header text, but noticed something: there is a rollover text field for the far left "Go To Topics" button, but no rollovers for the "View New Content" or "Browse Experts List." Was this intentional? If so, how can I add a rollover text field for the other two sections?

Thanks!

Ajouz,

for some reason the text in the slider is changing to a "bold"text when I enter one of my forums. I dont know what's happening.

The only way to fix this is by closing down my internet window, opening it again, going to the website. When I enter a forum, the drama starts again.

I tested it on different browser (chrome and internet explorer), but no luck.

I have had this problem since the beginning. I deleted your skin and started from scratch. The problem is still there, even with the latest built you brought out.

how can I change it so that the text never goes into this "bold-mode"? My website is this; http://luna-guild.ipbhost.com/

Thanks in advance.

pNKxZII.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="pNKxZII.jpg">

Also, how can I move the search bar a little bit more to the left (as shown in the picture with the arrow)? Right now it's hugging the edges, which makes it look very strange.

IKs8cTW.jpg

Ajouz,

for some reason the text in the slider is changing to a "bold"text when I enter one of my forums. I dont know what's happening.

The only way to fix this is by closing down my internet window, opening it again, going to the website. When I enter a forum, the drama starts again.

I tested it on different browser (chrome and internet explorer), but no luck.

I have had this problem since the beginning. I deleted your skin and started from scratch. The problem is still there, even with the latest built you brought out.

how can I change it so that the text never goes into this "bold-mode"? My website is this; http://luna-guild.ipbhost.com/

Thanks in advance.

pNKxZII.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="pNKxZII.jpg">

Also, how can I move the search bar a little bit more to the left (as shown in the picture with the arrow)? Right now it's hugging the edges, which makes it look very strange.

IKs8cTW.jpg

1- for moving search little bit to left

open ipb_styles.css and find

#search { margin: 20px 0;
-moz-box-shadow:0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1); -webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);  
box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);
}   

replace it by

#search { margin: 20px 20px 20px 0;
-moz-box-shadow:0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1); -webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);  
box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);
}   

the second problem : I did not notice it in my local board , anyway if you want to force font to be normal add this to the bottom of ipb_styles.css

.kb-fullsize .cp-title {
font-weight:300 !important ;
}
.kb-fullsize p {
font-weight:normal !important ;
}

1) When ever a user uses the search function and they select search
terms the chosen background color creates a box around there selection
making it hard to read... any way to fix the colors?attachicon.gifpagesearchcolor.jpg

this can happen when you use a bright color in admin setting

in this case we can make it darker by adding this to ipb_styles.css

#main_search_form .search_app.active{    
    background-image:url("{style_images_url}/opacity50.png") !important;
    }

Hey Ajouz, build 3 is a great update and fixes quite a lot! Thank you. I have three bugs to report.

1) As it is now all links are white and look like the rest of the text in a post. How can I change the color of links to a gold color? The circled text in this pic is a link. Most people would miss it unless they hovered over it with their mouse.

2) The highlight color is the same color as the background color in quotes. In this picture the bottom line is actually highlighted so it can be right clicked and copied, but its hard to tell if you are selected the correct text.

attachicon.giflinksdarkskin.JPG

3) When attaching images from my media the mouseover color of images is very bright and blends in with the font color.

attachicon.gifhighliteimage.JPG

1 -find in ipb_styles.css

::-moz-selection{ background:#323232 ;color:#fff }
::selection{ background:#323232; color:#fff }

and replace it by

::-moz-selection{ background:#111 ;color:#fff }
::selection{ background:#111; color:#fff ;}

2-for media

find

.media_results li:hover {
        background: #F9F9F9;
        background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #F9F9F9 0%, #EDEDED 100%);
        background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#F9F9F9), color-stop(100%,#EDEDED));
    }

replace it by

.media_results li:hover { 
		background: #111;
		background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #111 0%, #323232 100%);
		background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#111), color-stop(100%,#323232));
-moz-box-shadow:0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);
-webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset, 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.05), 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);
	}