Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz ♞

Hi, love Maxx Light and have been using it on my community for several months now! It seems that unfortunately, a problem has developed with the release of 3.4.2. I have checked all other themes that I've updated and they all work fine, so it is only on Maxx Light that I have the following issue:

Text and BB codes do not properly format anymore. Old formatting on existing posts is fine, but for instance, say I wanted to make a post like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed quis orci a sapien pulvinar vehicula eget at nisl. Donec vehicula nisi vitae justo adipiscing non suscipit libero porttitor. Ut vel condimentum quam. Quisque ut metus ante. Praesent erat arcu, euismod quis luctus at, porta sed arcu. Proin eget congue elit. Phasellus nec arcu pulvinar eros aliquet semper.

In hendrerit consectetur lorem at semper. Nullam pretium vestibulum odio a pretium. Donec euismod mollis est at scelerisque. Maecenas iaculis diam ac velit viverra lobortis.

It instead comes out like this (only when viewed with the Maxx Light theme):

Consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed quis orci a sapien pulvinar vehicula eget at nisl. Donec vehicula nisi vitae justo adipiscing non suscipit libero porttitor. Ut vel condimentum quam. Quisque ut metus ante. Praesent erat arcu, euismod quis luctus at, porta sed arcu. Proin eget congue elit. Phasellus nec arcu pulvinar eros aliquet semper.

In hendrerit consectetur lorem at semper. Nullam pretium vestibulum odio a pretium. Donec euismod mollis est at scelerisque. Maecenas iaculis diam ac velit viverra lobortis.

No formatting at all. I can get fonts to work and font colors to work ok, but bold, italics, and spoiler tags are not functioning properly on the Maxx Light theme. Do you know what I might need to do to fix this? Thanks very much!

i am browsing now using ipad , I will check this today and post a fix
thanks for your report

Hi, love Maxx Light and have been using it on my community for several months now! It seems that unfortunately, a problem has developed with the release of 3.4.2. I have checked all other themes that I've updated and they all work fine, so it is only on Maxx Light that I have the following issue:

Text and BB codes do not properly format anymore. Old formatting on existing posts is fine, but for instance, say I wanted to make a post like this:

It instead comes out like this (only when viewed with the Maxx Light theme):

No formatting at all. I can get fonts to work and font colors to work ok, but bold, italics, and spoiler tags are not functioning properly on the Maxx Light theme. Do you know what I might need to do to fix this? Thanks very much!

thanks for bug report , for manual fix

in skin images folder there is a folder called colorpicker inside it there is a folder called css inside it there is a file called layout.css , replace it by the one in the attachments .

file path :

skin-image-folder --> colorpicker -->css --> layout.css

the new file :

layout.css

Best regards .

Hey, i have been on the fence about buying since its release, but i bought it today and i have to say BRILLIANT.

At this point in time, i have turned off the slides #1 to #8, and set it for IP.Content Articles.

so its meant to show the welcome slide
873b48589533047439d66f8eae6b14cb.png' al" alt="873b48589533047439d66f8eae6b14cb.png">

Then the 2nd slide yet the dot moves to much.

a26eb37b1a1ff18ff7ee290f7252a04e.png?136

Then on slide 3, 4, 5 it doesnt show at all.

63d7078c97090396a5ca3e9b90799a7b.png' al" alt="63d7078c97090396a5ca3e9b90799a7b.png">

Also on welcome slide, if i enter some text the bottom of it gets cut off
ef36e61c18c11b421a6e014f2e0802b8.png' al" alt="ef36e61c18c11b421a6e014f2e0802b8.png">

Last thing, while using promenu v3, the drop down doesn't work on this skin, but works on all other skins.

I honestly think every skin maker should support ProMenu as its brilliant and a must for every site.

Thanks

Also Option to Disable / Hide Public settings. As I need My news articles to be seen

95d7c8afe0285a2fe2cff4195f2c5f9e.png

thanks for your feedback , I will check this today hopefully .
for pro menu : the new version is uploaded today and yes I will try to make it compatible .
thanks again for your posts
best regards.

I had an issue with the welcome slide after I installed the maxx skin light. When the welcome slide was on, it would cause the next couple slides to not show unless you click specifically on the little circle for it. After disabling the welcome slide, the sliders worked fine on both skins. I meant to reinstall that member message hook and test it again to submit a bug about it, but I didn't get the chance to yet.

I have a feature request.

Is it possible to prevent guests from changing backgrounds and colors while letting all other members still use that function?

Hey sledgestone,

I use AncientClan as a referance site to help me fine tune my own! I appreciate your reply as well. How did you go about modifying the blocks on your site? through CSS code?

Which blocks are you referring to? I have a couple different custom blocks I made for guests and advertisements, do you mean those?

Im hoping someone else has experienced this but I am noticing that member profiles on my board appear differently than my own. I am logged in as an Admin when viewing these pages if that makes any difference I took a couple of screen shots to show you what I see when viewing member profiles.

My profile "13thcell" is how Id like all member profiles to be viewed... Has anyone else experienced this? Ajouz hopefully you know where in the code I can adjust this! Thanks.

**Upon testing through member view... All members (my admin profile looks perfect) have that off color member profile view **

Any Idea why this is happening within my forum? Or within that single profile?

Here is a direct link: http://liquidwire.co/forums/user/2-tweakermeeker/

I was hoping for at least some guidance or insight. I have edited the Guest member group so anyone can view member profiles. This could potentially be a massive bug. I have also created members through the registration process and can't recreate this issue. Is this something that can just happen randomly?

UPDATE: It turns out the issue occurred when the member customized their own board color... Certain colors apparently effect other aspects of the board. I fixed this by removing the member customized layout. FYI Ajouz hope this helps with future skin releases.

UPDATE: It turns out the issue occurred when the member customized their own board color... Certain colors apparently effect other aspects of the board. I fixed this by removing the member customized layout. FYI Ajouz hope this helps with future skin releases.

ahh thats why i couldn't reproduce, i have Customizations disabled.

I can confirm that. This looks like a bug. Customized profiles need new css/color/transparency settings to look correct in this skin. The maxx skin light looks fine with customized profiles though.

post-2852-0-28276500-1360279638_thumb.jp

post-2852-0-51528700-1360279641_thumb.jp

post-2852-0-29646200-1360279642_thumb.jp

Ajouz i hope you can help me on this one..

In the slider, where the text is shown on the creative layer, how can I set the width for that so I can input more words in one line?

At the moment I can only use like 4 words and then it starts at a new line, which makes it very awefull looking.

Hello ,

try this

add this css line

.cp-right, .cp-left {

max-width: none !important;

width: 300px !important;
}

you can then change 300 to suitable value for you ,
if it does not work I recommend to change the creative layer to be top or bottom .

Hi Azouz.
I purchashed the skin you made but i need some infos please
I want make some changes.
Look the screens bellow..

Thanks a lot!!!

in the first image you can remove this part by disabling the slider

in second and third image the css classes is

.maintitle a

.ipsType_small

.category_block .ipb_table h4

.desc, .desc.blend_links a, p.posted_info

If you are going to edit many part of the skin then it is better if you install firebug in firefox , it can help you in this and very easy to use

Best regards .

I have no idea what i have done.
All i have done today is, create custom profile fields and set them to be displayed in the user info pane, and install [HQ] Awards, now the topic page all moves to be against the left browser edge.

Now i have uninstalled [HQ] Awards, and removed all custom fields and its still doing it........i have also reinstalled the skin twice...

WhxYND8.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="WhxYND8.png">

This is very wierd, i have narrowed it down.

Topic url - /topic/4-welcome-to-gamers-respawn/#entry6 - BROKEN

Topic url - /topic/4-welcome-to-gamers-respawn/ - Working

I have no idea what i have done.All i have done today is, create custom profile fields and set them to be displayed in the user info pane, and install [HQ] Awards, now the topic page all moves to be against the left browser edge. Now i have uninstalled [HQ] Awards, and removed all custom fields and its still doing it........i have also reinstalled the skin twice... WhxYND8.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="WhxYND8.png"> This is very wierd, i have narrowed it down. Topic url - /topic/4-welcome-to-gamers-respawn/#entry6 - BROKENTopic url - /topic/4-welcome-to-gamers-respawn/ - Working

I am not sure how can I help , can you try the tools like Rebuild Master Skin Data and cache skins? if this does not work send me PM and then we can try to find a solution
Best regards .

I'm curious how I can customize a couple of aspects to the template color theme:

1) When ever a user uses the search function and they select search terms the chosen background color creates a box around there selection making it hard to read... any way to fix the colors?post-398885-0-69247700-1360654669_thumb.

2) The core of the template on certain pages doesn't extend to the bottom and the background pattern seems to stop as well depending on the amount of content that fills this core you get something like this:

post-398885-0-82443400-1360654738_thumb.

Is there a way as I find this occurring on pages to edit the CSS to make sure the body of the skin extends to the bottom of the users browser window?