Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz ♞

I came across another issue I'd like to get fixed. When attempting to register on my site I noticed the background colors of the registration fields need to be changed. The background color and font color are fine when first filling out the form, but after a field is entered the colors change and make it hard to read. Especially if there is an error or if you attempt to edit the field. As you can see in the images the font and background are basically white on white when typing.

post-2852-0-31158000-1359756815_thumb.jp

post-2852-0-52731200-1359756816_thumb.jp

Is there a quick way for me to fix this?

I came across another issue I'd like to get fixed. When attempting to register on my site I noticed the background colors of the registration fields need to be changed. The background color and font color are fine when first filling out the form, but after a field is entered the colors change and make it hard to read. Especially if there is an error or if you attempt to edit the field. As you can see in the images the font and background are basically white on white when typing.

attachicon.gifdarkerror_reg01.jpg

attachicon.gifdarkerror_reg02.jpg

Is there a quick way for me to fix this?

thanks for your bug report

please open ipb_styles.css and find

.input_text.error {
        background-color: #f3dddd;
    }
    .input_text.accept {
        background-color: #f1f6ec;
    }

replace it by

.input_text.error {
        background-color: #AD2930;
        color: #EEEEEE;
    }
    .input_text.accept {
        background-color: #292929;
    }

ARGH. Always so many small problems with this skin (using 342build1) :sad: :sad: :unsure:

1. To upload background images, should I rename as "custom1.jpg," "custom1.png," or "custom1"? None of them work for me. Do I need to recache skin after?

2. My first slide is set to YouTube video. However, when you look at website, static slide shows a "play" button that goes to Youtube video slider page. How do I make YouTube automatically show?

3. In skin settings, what is "Main Title Texture"?

Joel

ARGH. Always so many small problems with this skin (using 342build1) :sad: :sad: :unsure:

1. To upload background images, should I rename as "custom1.jpg," "custom1.png," or "custom1"? None of them work for me. Do I need to recache skin after?

2. My first slide is set to YouTube video. However, when you look at website, static slide shows a "play" button that goes to Youtube video slider page. How do I make YouTube automatically show?

3. In skin settings, what is "Main Title Texture"?

Joel

1-upload as it , just upload it without renaming
2-slider designed to work in this way
3-you can see this video about textures

thanks for your bug report

please open ipb_styles.css and find

.input_text.error {
        background-color: #f3dddd;
    }
    .input_text.accept {
        background-color: #f1f6ec;
    }

replace it by

.input_text.error {
        background-color: #AD2930;
        color: #EEEEEE;
    }
    .input_text.accept {
        background-color: #292929;
    }

Thanks!

Alright Ive found an issue I attempted to email you about... Maybe someone can tell me how to fix this. On the main page of blogs tab Ive noticed the information bar regarding a members featured entry is colored completely off theme (see attachment) does anyone know where I can adjust this within the skin code?attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I didn't have any blog entries set for featured so I didn't notice this. I just set one and yes I'm having the same problem.

in css section there is css file called Ajouz.css

open it and find

.entry.featured .entry_header, .entry.featured .entry_footer {

background: #f8f8f8 !important;    background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;

}

replace it by

.entry.featured .entry_header, .entry.featured .entry_footer {

background: #292929 !important;    background-color: #292929 !important;

}

Also, instead of uploading the four background images you provided, I tried to upload my own. However, they still show your background. What's wrong?

Also, can you make the skin variable width? Many of my users have large monitors (23" and 24"), and there's a lot of wasted space on left and right sides.

I noticed that certain content blocks on my website are missing a background box behind the blocks title. I was wondering how to go about customizing these blocks so that I can have a uniform presentation within my website.

Here are some examples attached...

On the index page you'll notice that the content block for "Recent Status Updates" looks different from the other blocks because its missing that title background rectangle. Also the block for recent topics on my boards index doesnt have that background table.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my board for referance:
www.liquidwire.co

post-398885-0-50955700-1360105433_thumb.

post-398885-0-65421100-1360105441.jpg

Im hoping someone else has experienced this but I am noticing that member profiles on my board appear differently than my own. I am logged in as an Admin when viewing these pages if that makes any difference I took a couple of screen shots to show you what I see when viewing member profiles.

My profile "13thcell" is how Id like all member profiles to be viewed... Has anyone else experienced this? Ajouz hopefully you know where in the code I can adjust this! Thanks.

**Upon testing through member view... All members (my admin profile looks perfect) have that off color member profile view **

post-398885-0-79864300-1360106234_thumb.

post-398885-0-72780800-1360106244_thumb.

I've seen that issue with the title of the block not looking quite right on ip.content pages, but I've never seen that member profile issue. I see the screenshots were from an ipad, maybe its a formatting issue that only affects ipads or certain browsers?

With firefox my member profile pages are showing up just like my own.

post-2852-0-98367400-1360115994_thumb.jp

I've seen that issue with the title of the block not looking quite right on ip.content pages, but I've never seen that member profile issue. I see the screenshots were from an ipad, maybe its a formatting issue that only affects ipads or certain browsers?

With firefox my member profile pages are showing up just like my own.

attachicon.gifxena.JPG

Hey sledgestone,

I use AncientClan as a referance site to help me fine tune my own! I appreciate your reply as well. How did you go about modifying the blocks on your site? through CSS code? I just tested that theory about the ipad thinking it could also be the issue, Ive noticed its only effecting that single member profile... I created a test member account and thought on it I was also experiencing the issue but after playing around with it (in Chrome) it still seems to be that single user profile... Which totally confuses me. The member did change their background color so I tested against that and couldn't recreate the color issue...

Wire is my test profile.

post-398885-0-32974500-1360129243_thumb.

post-398885-0-48430600-1360129251_thumb.

Login box looks off color with services logins and sign in button area being brighter.

1Xd9D.jpg

thanks for your feedback , I will be sure to edit this area in the next update , for now you can find

.ipsBox_notice, .ipsBox_highlight {
        background: #f4fcff;
        border-bottom: 1px solid #cae9f5;
    }

and replace it by

.ipsBox_notice, .ipsBox_highlight {
        background: #333;
        border-bottom: 1px solid #444;
                color:#fff;
    }

Hey, i have been on the fence about buying since its release, but i bought it today and i have to say BRILLIANT.

At this point in time, i have turned off the slides #1 to #8, and set it for IP.Content Articles.

so its meant to show the welcome slide

873b48589533047439d66f8eae6b14cb.png' al" alt="873b48589533047439d66f8eae6b14cb.png">

Then the 2nd slide yet the dot moves to much.

a26eb37b1a1ff18ff7ee290f7252a04e.png?136

Then on slide 3, 4, 5 it doesnt show at all.

63d7078c97090396a5ca3e9b90799a7b.png' al" alt="63d7078c97090396a5ca3e9b90799a7b.png">

Also on welcome slide, if i enter some text the bottom of it gets cut off

ef36e61c18c11b421a6e014f2e0802b8.png' al" alt="ef36e61c18c11b421a6e014f2e0802b8.png">

Last thing, while using promenu v3, the drop down doesn't work on this skin, but works on all other skins.

I honestly think every skin maker should support ProMenu as its brilliant and a must for every site.

Thanks

Hi, love Maxx Light and have been using it on my community for several months now! It seems that unfortunately, a problem has developed with the release of 3.4.2. I have checked all other themes that I've updated and they all work fine, so it is only on Maxx Light that I have the following issue:

Text and BB codes do not properly format anymore. Old formatting on existing posts is fine, but for instance, say I wanted to make a post like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed quis orci a sapien pulvinar vehicula eget at nisl. Donec vehicula nisi vitae justo adipiscing non suscipit libero porttitor. Ut vel condimentum quam. Quisque ut metus ante. Praesent erat arcu, euismod quis luctus at, porta sed arcu. Proin eget congue elit. Phasellus nec arcu pulvinar eros aliquet semper.

In hendrerit consectetur lorem at semper. Nullam pretium vestibulum odio a pretium. Donec euismod mollis est at scelerisque. Maecenas iaculis diam ac velit viverra lobortis.

It instead comes out like this (only when viewed with the Maxx Light theme):

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed quis orci a sapien pulvinar vehicula eget at nisl. Donec vehicula nisi vitae justo adipiscing non suscipit libero porttitor. Ut vel condimentum quam. Quisque ut metus ante. Praesent erat arcu, euismod quis luctus at, porta sed arcu. Proin eget congue elit. Phasellus nec arcu pulvinar eros aliquet semper.

In hendrerit consectetur lorem at semper. Nullam pretium vestibulum odio a pretium. Donec euismod mollis est at scelerisque. Maecenas iaculis diam ac velit viverra lobortis.

No formatting at all. I can get fonts to work and font colors to work ok, but bold, italics, and spoiler tags are not functioning properly on the Maxx Light theme. Do you know what I might need to do to fix this? Thanks very much!

Also, instead of uploading the four background images you provided, I tried to upload my own. However, they still show your background. What's wrong?

Also, can you make the skin variable width? Many of my users have large monitors (23" and 24"), and there's a lot of wasted space on left and right sides.

you can see this post about this
http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/2639/entry-8033-maxx-skin-how-to-add-your-own-images-in-the-live-background-chooser/
and it is recommend to follow it by creating small thumbs , otherwise if you use a full background as thumbs this will make your board load very slow
bests