Invision Community
Ajouz ♞

Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

Ajouz, can you please check your PM on your IPS Skins board? I had an issue with my board a week ago and IPS had to upgrade it in order to fix the issue. I've lost most of my mods, including the right sidebar that you've implemented for me. I need to get the right sidebar back because I use it for most of my hooks. Please PM me the instructions on how to put the right sidebar back.

You have this in your html

<body id="ipboard_body" class="style1" text="#000000" style="background:#ffffff; height:1000px;" data-twttr-rendered="true">

You or another app added this

you need to remove

style="background:#ffffff; height:1000px;"

from the body html, and then everything should work normally.

where would i find the HTML to edit it?

where would i find the HTML to edit it?

Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Manage Templates in YOUR SKIN > globalTemplate. Ctrl+F "style="background:#ffffff; height:1000px;". If it isn't there, its being loaded in with jQuery/javascript to which another app/plugin will be responsible.

I am going to be buying this skin because of the great work that has been put into it!!!

One Question though.......I notice that the background image scrolls with the rest of the skin so my question is can the background be set to be "FIXED"? I would prefer it to remain stationary while the middle part of the skin does the scrolling. Can this be done? Not a deal breaker but just a personal preference. To see what I mean you can take a look at my current skin at http://mappersunited.com

Thanks!!!

Any news on getting the member message hook into the light skin? It was a major reason why I bought the skin, as it was indicated that it was included as part of the package in the market listing. Really love the skin, but I need the member message hook in order to use it. Thanks! :)

Great skin so far.

Couple questions.

1. How do you remove the alternate sub header. I don't want this in my pages.

2. How do you move the sign in/out info to the very top of the page?

3. How do you add blocks to the right side of the page? I want to add content blocks for my sponsors, etc.

Sorry for the questions. I'm very new to IP.

cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_boards.php on line 51

Why?

what you did before you got this error?

Can you please try to recache the skin?

How can i fix the signature and the line above the signature,because it is going over the profile image

4mHgJgD.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="4mHgJgD.png">

This was a bug in old version, I remeber that I fixed it. which version you use?

Any news on getting the member message hook into the light skin? It was a major reason why I bought the skin, as it was indicated that it was included as part of the package in the market listing. Really love the skin, but I need the member message hook in order to use it. Thanks! :smile:

The welcome message is a free hook added with the package. it is just extra free hook. Anyway I will update it for you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Great skin so far.

Couple questions.

1. How do you remove the alternate sub header. I don't want this in my pages.

2. How do you move the sign in/out info to the very top of the page?

3. How do you add blocks to the right side of the page? I want to add content blocks for my sponsors, etc.

Sorry for the questions. I'm very new to IP.

Here is the answer of your first question

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/365575-download-maxx-skin-darklight-the-most-advanced-skin/?p=2387764

2- in global template you need to find user_navigation part and delete it

3- The simpliest way is to install some third-party apps to do these things for you if you do onot know how to do it manully. For example there is an app called "global sidebars" can do this.

Thanks

I ran into an issue, basically due to my own stupidity. This post will include two questions, one to fix the issue I put myself in, and the other to ask if there is a solution to fix the situation I was initially intending to change.

I managed to Hide the Slider Settings from the Main Settings list. Is there a way for me to reactivate it to show back in that section again? I need it to edit the slides that show on the main page.

eplBdc5.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="eplBdc5.png">

Now, the setting I was trying to find and change was members being able to disable the Slider on the main page. I want it active for everyone and I don't want to allow members to disable it. It shows important stuff that people will miss out on if they do not have it active. Here is an image of the setting I'm referring to.

nER7sgh.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="nER7sgh.png">

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I ran into an issue, basically due to my own stupidity. This post will include two questions, one to fix the issue I put myself in, and the other to ask if there is a solution to fix the situation I was initially intending to change.

I managed to Hide the Slider Settings from the Main Settings list. Is there a way for me to reactivate it to show back in that section again? I need it to edit the slides that show on the main page.

eplBdc5.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="eplBdc5.png">

Just re-import the skin hook (do not uninstall) to fix the listing problem.

Now, the setting I was trying to find and change was members being able to disable the Slider on the main page. I want it active for everyone and I don't want to allow members to disable it. It shows important stuff that people will miss out on if they do not have it active. Here is an image of the setting I'm referring to.

nER7sgh.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="nER7sgh.png">

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

First backup the skin, so you can restore it if something went wrong.

Try the following (not tested)

open the template

slider_body

find and delete

<!--::::no member slider :::-->
<if test="$this->memberData['member_id'] AND !$this->memberData['maxx_slider_onoff']">

{parse template="sub_header" group="global" params=""}
</if>
<!--::::end no member slider :::-->

find

<!--::::member slider :::-->
<if test="$this->memberData['member_id'] AND $this->memberData['maxx_slider_onoff']">

replace it by

<!--::::member slider :::-->
<if test="$this->memberData['member_id']">

open now User Control Panel --> maxx_slider_onof template

and delete the content in this template.

I'm having a issue with the theme on 3.4.6.

The theme doesnt seem to have the UserCP Settings and does not seem to apply the settings from the Settings Hooks.

I've emailed you about this. And created you a user to see if you can see what my problem is. It just doesnt want to show the slider even though I followed the steps in the install to a tee.

UPDATE: Doing Fresh Install of IPS to see if its an issue/conflict with an IPS Product. (Content, Calendar, Chat) are still enabled.

UPDATE2: Fresh Install following the directions included resulted in the same issue.

Website is: http://www.rgn.io / User Details I've messaged to you in private.

A few things that Im trying to figure out and could use some help with please....

post-287845-0-84001600-1389542178_thumb.

post-287845-0-49074300-1389542201_thumb.

The first image shows while using the dark skin with the three main concerns that I have at this time.

1. That horrible green background directly above the shoutbox.

2. The boardindex or whatever you want to call it with all the content I would like to push lower on the screen.

3. The background image centers perfectly on my current skin and yet it gets pushed to the left with the maxx skin.

What can I do about these three things?

The second image shows the current skin as a reference.

The current skin is set as default at my site (http://mappersunited.com) and the maxx skin is not set as visible at this time (only to Admins)

My thanks in advance for any help.

Ray

Hello,

I'm having an issue on my forum with a gamercard profile info for my forum. I'm looking for a way to expand the width of the profile info in the topic view. I have an image attached showing the error. The width of the gamercard is 200px.

Thanks

post-374818-0-13332600-1389743697_thumb.

Hello,

I'm having an issue on my forum with a gamercard profile info for my forum. I'm looking for a way to expand the width of the profile info in the topic view. I have an image attached showing the error. The width of the gamercard is 200px.

Thanks

I was able to figure it out. I found the proper setting in ipb_styles.css under .author_info

Quick question which I hope has been addressed before but I'm unable to find it. When our users set a background or colour from the colour-picker it seems to get reset upon their next visit to out site, is there a fix or something I could be doing wrong?

Quick question which I hope has been addressed before but I'm unable to find it. When our users set a background or colour from the colour-picker it seems to get reset upon their next visit to out site, is there a fix or something I could be doing wrong?

The cookies is for one year. Do you use custom cookies settings?

I'm having a issue with the theme on 3.4.6.

The theme doesnt seem to have the UserCP Settings and does not seem to apply the settings from the Settings Hooks.

I've emailed you about this. And created you a user to see if you can see what my problem is. It just doesnt want to show the slider even though I followed the steps in the install to a tee.

UPDATE: Doing Fresh Install of IPS to see if its an issue/conflict with an IPS Product. (Content, Calendar, Chat) are still enabled.

UPDATE2: Fresh Install following the directions included resulted in the same issue.

Website is: http://www.rgn.io / User Details I've messaged to you in private.

Sorry I did not recieve email from you? which email you used?