Invision Community
Ajouz ♞

Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin.

I have read through all the pages of support for this and can't seem to locate anything in reference to changing the background tiles so I don't have to use the stock ones that came with the skin and rather use my own....how would I change these out?

Have you the latest forum upgrade? 3.4.4, along with the 3.4.4 build? There will be instructions on how to update included in the download.

Ok all finished edits except for: eplace the content in ip.content block called maxx_articles_slider_integration by: - I can't find this.

All other edits done, and template/css issue still exists. Link: http://teamlegacy.net/forum/index.php?app=groupjoin . Works on all other skins.

I have read through all the pages of support for this and can't seem to locate anything in reference to changing the background tiles so I don't have to use the stock ones that came with the skin and rather use my own....how would I change these out?

Right click the images (in the customizer) and choose copy image URL. Paste the url, it will show you where its located. I believe its under /style_images/maxxlight344/css/back3.png is one of them (default). You can change them in the folder and it will change for everyone. Its best to use repeating backgrounds for back1-3 and the other 3 are like metal.png I think, with names to them, and I think look best not repeating images. Trial and error is best.

Ok all finished edits except for: eplace the content in ip.content block called maxx_articles_slider_integration by: - I can't find this.

All other edits done, and template/css issue still exists. Link: http://teamlegacy.net/forum/index.php?app=groupjoin . Works on all other skins.

I see the issue, its with the .details class, I will see what is using it.

Does your groups application have a seperate stylesheet? E.g Groups > groups.css ?

If you're unsure, could you PM me acp access to your skin. Thanks

We use custom class called .Details in this skin and this app use also same claas name, to fix this conflict you can add this css line to the end of ipb_styles.css

.application_details .details {
    left: auto;
    margin-top: 0;
    position: relative;
    opacity: 1;
    width: auto;
}

Right click the images (in the customizer) and choose copy image URL. Paste the url, it will show you where its located. I believe its under /style_images/maxxlight344/css/back3.png is one of them (default). You can change them in the folder and it will change for everyone. Its best to use repeating backgrounds for back1-3 and the other 3 are like metal.png I think, with names to them, and I think look best not repeating images. Trial and error is best.

I tried doing this and nothing happened, the tile stayed the same even with the new one loaded into the folder

I tried doing this and nothing happened, the tile stayed the same even with the new one loaded into the folder

So you replaced yourImageDir/css/back1.png with your own texture? Have you CTRL+ F5 for it to change?

is this the image you mean ?

if yes then update skin default css class to style3

that is what I mean, so when I click on the tile to change the background it will load the one I want rather than the default. I apologize Ajouz, I am not understanding when you say

update skin default css class to style3

Tutorial:How to use your custom background images in Theme Maker.

this tutorial will allow you to use your own images in the live background chooser
Step 1 : (upload image and the thumb )
background

thebesttopdesktopbluewa.jpg

thumb: (must be 120px width 100px height )
thumbge.jpg

Step 2 : (HTML Part)
open the template theme_drawer
find

<div id="themes-frame">

add after this

<!--:::: my Custom backgrounds group ::::-->
<ul class="clear">
<h3 class="group_title"> MY Awesome Backgrounds </h3>
<li>
<a href="#" id="style44">
<div class="thumb thumb44"></div>
</a>
</li>
                         </ul>
                     <!--::::: my Custom backgrounds group :::::-->

where 44 is the unique id for your background (two backgrounds should have different id's)

0187676424.png' alt='' class='ipsImage'" width="819" alt="0187676424.png">

Step 3 (Css Part ) :
Now open the css template called ips-skins.css
find

/***** backgrounds ***/

add after

/*****my custom css classes ****/
.thumb44{
background:url(LINK-To-thumb-Image) ;
}
.style44 {
background:url(LINK-To-YOUR-IMAGE) repeat center top ;
}
/*****end my custom css classes ****/

0583297010.png' alt='' class='ipsImage'" width="819" alt="0583297010.png">

you can change background repeat and position to fit your image
for more info about all possible css values see here

the final result

3036891493.jpg

Questions ?
Q: How to add more images in this group :
A: you can add more images by editing html code to

<!--:::: my Custom backgrounds group ::::-->
<ul class="clear">
<h3 class="group_title"> MY Awesome Backgrounds </h3>
<li>
<a href="#" id="style44">
<div class="thumb thumb44"></div>
</a>
</li>
     <li>
<a href="#" id="style45">
<div class="thumb thumb45"></div>
</a>
</li>
                         </ul>
                     <!--::::: my Custom backgrounds group :::::-->

as you see just add new li with unique id 45 .
then again add the custom css for this new background

Tutorial:How to reorder sliders.

to reorder the slider open the template called banners_placeholders in gloabl templates

find

<foreach loop="array(1, 2, 3 ,4, 5, 6, 7, 8) as $key">

now you can change

array(1, 2, 3 ,4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

as you like , for example

array(5, 4, 8 ,7, 1, 2, 6, 3)

will display the sliders in the order 5,4,8,7,1,2,6,3 instead of 1 to 8