Page Comments+Follow

Marcher Technologies

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Page Comments+Follow

File Submitter: Marcher Technologies

File Submitted: 05 Jul 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

This Hook Will add 2 ccs special_tags for use In IP.Content Pages, {ccs special_tag="page_comments"} and "Follow" with {ccs special_tag="page_like"}.
These two tags, when combined, allow Comments to be left on IP.Content Pages(database innards will have the tags replaced automatically with nothing as they cannot function there), and the ability to "Follow" The Page to be notified of new approved Comments.
Includes ModeratorCP Integration.
Usable on any Content Page.
Allows Requiring of moderator approval of comments.
'Second' Demo Link: http://www.marcherte...l#commentsStart

here to download this file

• 1 month later...

You're really good hook up to it, and I can say that the support is really great of you to say anything you are really serious thanks to you.

your hook in I saw a little subtlety when we thought that the subject was immoticônes access to, and when you send a comment you do not have access?

See you on the forum.

You're really good hook up to it, and I can say that the support is really great of you to say anything you are really serious thanks to you.

your hook in I saw a little subtlety when we thought that the subject was immoticônes access to, and when you send a comment you do not have access?

See you on the forum.

Are you saying page permissions are not being checked in sending notifications?
...not quite certain what I can do about that, i don't send them when requiring approval as.... $this->memberData is unreliable in that specific area(run by task)

Hey -

I have read and reread your Comments + Follow description but I am still confused what this hook does. In our IP Content installation, we have a section or page called latest news and categories for a number of geographic areas where we add articles.

There is already a Follow this Category option for each category geographic area and there is a Follow this option for each article.

So does this hook just add a notification for comments left? Is that it? But doesn't that function already exist with follow the article option?

Thanks,

Brian

Hey -

I have read and reread your Comments + Follow description but I am still confused what this hook does. In our IP Content installation, we have a section or page called latest news and categories for a number of geographic areas where we add articles.

There is already a Follow this Category option for each category geographic area and there is a Follow this option for each article.

So does this hook just add a notification for comments left? Is that it? But doesn't that function already exist with follow the article option?

Thanks,

Brian

This mod, is quite directly for these folks who want the functionality sans the database, as in, literally want Comments and Follow thereof of the page itself on said page.

• 1 month later...

If I am passing variables to a page and generating a different page based on the variables, will this by chance save comments separately based on the variables passed?

For example page.html?a=1, page.html?a=2 .. all one IPC page but generating very different content.. I just created one page to create less work for myself. If a comment is made on a=1 will it show on a=2 and vice versa?

I know the easy fix would be to duplicate the pages.. but that's quite a bit of effort when we'll likely have 100s of these pages.

that would not really help,,,, there *really* needs to be an immutable constant parent id.

Defining the page id is actually what i am already doing in passing it to the comments controller.

I have nothing in the sql database for your a=1, no way to pull the parent data for that unique user-generated url.

For all intents and purposes that is the same page.

The reason database comments work obviously being the record it is attached to, gotta have *something* in the sql database to pull the unique parent with.

• 1 year later...

I'm struggling at the moment to use this hook. I'd like to create a page on my site and show only one category from ip content. I'd like to use a page template so I can use this hook using the tags {ccs special_tag="page_comments"} and {ccs special_tag="page_like"}. I can't work out what the template would look like to include a category and then add these tags to enable the hook.

Any ideas? At the moment all I have is an image block showing on this link -http://www.karakacommunity.co.nz/krra. I'd like the articles to show below it from this category and then have those articles using this great hook.

• 1 month later...

Archived