(DDK33) Board Index Face

Ibragim Pupkevich

Would it however be possible to not load all the faces when logged in?

I mean they load, but they don´t show when logged in. But they are in the background, behind the "participated topics".

Do you want to disable faces at all or just reduce faces q-ty loading in background? Hook is going to load more faces in background to get it ready for elastic skins. Within next version I will add new option in setting, which will let you manually set limit for fetching faces :)

Do you want to disable faces at all or just reduce faces q-ty loading in background? Hook is going to load more faces in background to get it ready for elastic skins. Within next version I will add new option in setting, which will let you manually set limit for fetching faces :smile:

Sounds great.

There are not so many ways to build XML, it's too simple. I tried to follow "upgrade" way myself, but I noticed, that from time to time IPB doesn't want to update some part of hook (eg. skin templates), so I can not be sure, that it can be done properly in that way. That's why I recommend Uninstall->Install way. BTW - look into hook files and description for Tool_ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php script attached in line with hook archive. I guess that's exactly what you need:

Useful tool for updating: ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php script will preserve hook settings values and translation you made for hook language strings!

Ah, okay. I did use the backup/restore tool, but it does not back up individual members' preferences (ie. their settings in the UCP where they can enable or disable the hook and customize which forums it shows topics from - those settings, not the ACP ones). Could you add the ability to save and restore those in a future version of the tool?

One of my members discovered a bug in the hook as well. The URL's to the avatar/photo images shown in the hook do not include the query string that indicates when they were last modified. This query string cues CDN's and browsers to update their cached copy of the image. The effect of not including the query string in the URL is that a member's old avatar is shown in the hook for some time even after the member changes it.

Thanks for so warm words! %7Boption%7D

' alt='' class='ipsImage' > Acer-Club.ru is running 3.2, but once upon a time I provided this hook to buddy who is running 3.1.x. He said, that there was some thing to be done to get this hook work on his forum. I will ask him for details %7Boption%7D

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Hi,

I have a board still running 3.1.4 and would love to have this hook installed on it now

Please do tell...

SQL optimization query to recommended to be run (unfortunatelly, table index can not be altered during hook installation automatically):

[*]Go to [AdminCP -> Support -> SQL Toolbox -> Run query frame] [*]Run query (make sure that table prefix ibf_ match your actual tables prefix, change prefix if needed):

ALTER TABLE `ibf_profile_portal` ADD INDEX  `photo_thumb_size` (  `pp_thumb_width` ,  `pp_thumb_height` );

This will not impact any data in your DB.

[color=#A52A2A]unfortunatelly, table index can not be altered during hook installation automatically[/color]

You should be able to alter the table with a custom install file. Assuming you've tried the database changes on the hook export facility

install_boardIndexFace.php

<?php

class boardIndexFaceInstall

{

public function install()

{

if(!ipsRegistry::DB()->checkForIndex('photo_thumb_size', 'profile_portal'))

{

ipsRegistry::DB()->addIndex('profile_portal', 'photo_thumb_size', 'pp_thumb_width , pp_thumb_height');

}

}

}

?>

Though you might want to check if that works first since I haven't tested it.

EDIT: Sorry forget to change addfield to addindex since i was editing the code from my steam hook :rofl:

Hey there,

First of all, this is one hell of a hook I must say... It looks stunningly gorgeous and seems very useful, I am, however, having some issues with it. Two ones, in fact, first of all:
http://gyazo.com/393...a167908655d7a7b

It happens on both, Source skin and Standard, it only happens however with the IP.Content block. (felt it would be a bit redundant to make two posts, I have no problem doing so if you prefer though)

Any ideas on it? The second one would be, when I put it in "Full" mode, it will show the topics I participated in OVER the avatars, instead of beneath.. Which is rather unreadable. This occurs on both skins also, Source and standard, IPB 3.3. Any ideas on any of this? This happens on both, the IP.Content block and the forum hook.

Thanks for making the hook anyway, it's quite awesome on most skins :tongue:

Hey there,

First of all, this is one hell of a hook I must say... It looks stunningly gorgeous and seems very useful, I am, however, having some issues with it. Two ones, in fact, first of all:

http://gyazo.com/393...a167908655d7a7b

It happens on both, Source skin and Standard, it only happens however with the IP.Content block. (felt it would be a bit redundant to make two posts, I have no problem doing so if you prefer though)

Any ideas on it? The second one would be, when I put it in "Full" mode, it will show the topics I participated in OVER the avatars, instead of beneath.. Which is rather unreadable. I am using the "Source" skin, IPB 3.3. Any ideas on any of this? This happens on both, the IP.Content block and the forum hook.

Thanks for making the hook anyway, it's quite awesome on most skins :tongue:

Hi, looks like you fase the same issue we have already discussed: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/365384-download-ddk33-board-index-face/page__st__120#entry2287068

Check CSS class first. I'm more than sure that this issue caused by this hollyfaeces.

One issue, the one with the right bar breaking, was fixed by removing it. However, with it removed, the "Topics I Participated In" still overlaps the faces in full mode.

http://gyazo.com/27908544760fc2d2bc86deb93e251517

(It's a test forum, maybe I just have too little posts breaking the CSS? I intend to launch the forum in a few days)

One issue, the one with the right bar breaking, was fixed by removing it. However, with it removed, the "Topics I Participated In" still overlaps the faces in full mode.

http://gyazo.com/279...c86deb93e251517

(It's a test forum, maybe I just have too little posts breaking the CSS? I intend to launch the forum in a few days)

Come on, mate, just share your forum link... at least to let me have a look at this in FireBug. I can't do a divination just by looking at screenshots only :smile:

Come on, mate, just share your forum link... at least to let me have a look at this in FireBug. I can't do a divination just by looking at screenshots only :smile:

Sorry mate, private messaged it. It's private as it's under heavy construction atm (and has a lot of potential security issues, and seeing as it's running on a dedi which isn't hardened yet). =)