(DDK33) Board Index Face

Ibragim Pupkevich

Having a issue.. You can view it here

http://blood-zone.com/index

It's not lining up correctly I would love to use it and even recent topics I've participated in isn't aligned.. If you could help me fix and resolve this issue that would be great thanks.. if you need to see further in depth just register on the website.

It's because of your custom skin odd stylesheet bits:

.author, .ipsComment_reply_user {

float:left;

line-height:1.3;

padding:0 10px;

text-align:right;

width:100px;

}

Try to remove this part from your main IPB stylesheet.

It's because of your custom skin odd stylesheet bits:

.author, .ipsComment_reply_user {

float:left;

line-height:1.3;

padding:0 10px;

text-align:right;

width:100px;

}

Try to remove this part from your main IPB stylesheet.

Actually it wasn't an issue with that.. it was a issue with a user using special characters...

Feedback: It works really well, the bug fixes have fixed all the bugs my members were experiencing, excellent work, Ibragim Pupkevich.

Suggestion: Under "Topics I've Participated In" where it links you to the last post of a topic you've well... Participated in, if there's been more than one reply, it takes you to the last reply. Perhaps it'd be better to take you to the first unread post in that thread. Something that again IPS has built into IP.Board. (When you click the thread title on the forum index) it takes you to: http://www.domain.com/forums/topic/1234-topic-title/unread/

Just an idea.

Feedback: It works really well, the bug fixes have fixed all the bugs my members were experiencing, excellent work, Ibragim Pupkevich.

Suggestion: Under "Topics I've Participated In" where it links you to the last post of a topic you've well... Participated in, if there's been more than one reply, it takes you to the last reply. Perhaps it'd be better to take you to the first unread post in that thread. Something that again IPS has built into IP.Board. (When you click the thread title on the forum index) it takes you to:

http://www.domain.co...c-title/unread/

Just an idea.

Hi, but you may find required switcher in settings :smile:

post-361432-0-67737100-1342433719_thumb.

Is it me or what ?

I love the application ... but my server crashes random after installing ... happens a few hours later

Driver error's

Does the application have a high load on a MySQL server ?

After I checked SQL debug log I found, that faces fetching query is really slow. Fixed now in v2.0.5! Please download latest version ASAP.

Thanks for pointing this issue for me!

What's New in Version 2.0.5:
  • Important fix: slow SQL-query fixed (install this update if you are running v2.0.4 now!)

Originally I wasn't going to use this because I don't like to use things that you see on every single other site (I'm picky like that..), but I installed this for someone else whose site I do tech support on and it's extremely convenient for getting a quick link to topics that I've replied to. That alone is the single greatest feature for me so thanks for that...although I still dont use it on my own site..but I will be recommending it to anyone who asks for my help on managing their site again.

I've also seen that you've been providing excellent support here and I want to congratulate you on being such a fantastic addition to the list of contributors at IPS.

I think your demo link is running 3.1.4? Do you have this hook for 3.1.4? :o

Hi Ibragim,

I installed this hook yesterday and am quite liking it. There's a major problem with the upgrade process, however, which I ran into when upgrading to the new version you released today. Namely, your instructions are to uninstall the hook entirely and reinstall it from scratch. Doing this, however, erases all user preferences for excluded forums and whether the hook is visible to them or not.

Could you possibly modify the hook to use IP.Board's own facility for overwriting installed hooks, so this data is not lost (or is it actually safe to upgrade that way?)? It is going to get very annoying for users very quickly if they lose these settings every time you release an update.

Originally I wasn't going to use this because I don't like to use things that you see on every single other site (I'm picky like that..), but I installed this for someone else whose site I do tech support on and it's extremely convenient for getting a quick link to topics that I've replied to. That alone is the single greatest feature for me so thanks for that...although I still dont use it on my own site..but I will be recommending it to anyone who asks for my help on managing their site again.

I've also seen that you've been providing excellent support here and I want to congratulate you on being such a fantastic addition to the list of contributors at IPS.

I think your demo link is running 3.1.4? Do you have this hook for 3.1.4? :o

Thanks for so warm words! :) Acer-Club.ru is running 3.2, but once upon a time I provided this hook to buddy who is running 3.1.x. He said, that there was some thing to be done to get this hook work on his forum. I will ask him for details :)

Hi Ibragim,

I installed this hook yesterday and am quite liking it. There's a major problem with the upgrade process, however, which I ran into when upgrading to the new version you released today. Namely, your instructions are to uninstall the hook entirely and reinstall it from scratch. Doing this, however, erases all user preferences for excluded forums and whether the hook is visible to them or not.

Could you possibly modify the hook to use IP.Board's own facility for overwriting installed hooks, so this data is not lost (or is it actually safe to upgrade that way?)? It is going to get very annoying for users very quickly if they lose these settings every time you release an update.

There are not so many ways to build XML, it's too simple. I tried to follow "upgrade" way myself, but I noticed, that from time to time IPB doesn't want to update some part of hook (eg. skin templates), so I can not be sure, that it can be done properly in that way. That's why I recommend Uninstall->Install way. BTW - look into hook files and description for Tool_ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php script attached in line with hook archive. I guess that's exactly what you need:

Useful tool for updating: ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php script will preserve hook settings values and translation you made for hook language strings!

This script (ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php) will help you to backup all translations you've made on (DDK33) Board Index Face hook language strings and settings values before updating hook to new version.

0) Upload ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php file to root dir of your IP Board.

0) Run

http://your-forum-ur...andsettings.php

1) Press "Backup" button

2) Go to AdminCP, uninstall outdated verion of hook

3) Go to AdminCP, install new version of hook

4) Press "Restore" button

Great hook.

Would it however be possible to not load all the faces when logged in?
I mean they load, but they don´t show when logged in. But they are in the background, behind the "participated topics".

So would it be possible for them not to load at all, as that takes time.