(DDK33) Board Index Face

Ibragim Pupkevich

Same here. Apparently it's not properly indexed either.

Edit: Just noticed that it was updated on 18th Jan 2014 (2.0.5 - IMPORTANT FIX: slow SQL-query fixed (install this update if you are running v2.0.4 now!) So I will update and let you know!

v.2.0.5 released while ago... I do not think hook get updated, just he added that SQL update to the hook page... And it helps the query quite a bit... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just installed this on my site and it is great.

However!

It only works on one skin which is very confusing

I want to perfect it before I make it public to the members, so do you have any idea why this isnt showing on all skins?

If I go to the User Settings on one of the skins it doesnt work on, it shows the "Board Face" on the bottom, but, if I click on it, I get an error message

"Error: Could not load template 'hookDDK33BoardIndexFaceUCP' from group 'ucp'"

But, on my working skin it all works

Any help will be appreciated

I have just installed this on my site and it is great.

However!

It only works on one skin which is very confusing

I want to perfect it before I make it public to the members, so do you have any idea why this isnt showing on all skins?

If I go to the User Settings on one of the skins it doesnt work on, it shows the "Board Face" on the bottom, but, if I click on it, I get an error message

"Error: Could not load template 'hookDDK33BoardIndexFaceUCP' from group 'ucp'"

But, on my working skin it all works

Any help will be appreciated

re-cache your other skins. That sometimes fixes the errors.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You need to talk a experienced member can right you a little sql script to update those broken profile images.... NOT ME lol!

LOL... But thanks for the reply and letting me know the file to download. But don't know where to find the experienced person. Because experienced person always busy. :p

LOL... But thanks for the reply and letting me know the file to download. But don't know where to find the experienced person. Because experienced person always busy. tongue.png

In my board, one of my moderators changed all the broken images to default one manually.... 3400 images... She did really good... thumbsup.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope this was not already asked, but is there a way to just have this in a side block instead of over the board?  All I'm really interested in is the lastest posts, not so much the faces (which is awesome btw, I just have grown accustomed to a slimmed version of everything lately).  I tried modifying it myself, but I may have done more harm than good :)

Edit: I have it mostly done on my site now @ www.chaosgaming.net, but I would like to get rid of the message of member quantity and post count.  I cleared it out from the settings but that didn't do it for whatever reason.  Any ideas?

As an update, we reverted to the full version of the app and it turns out the majority of my uses prefer it, so I guess there is no more of a need to convert it to a block.  That said, if your version was available in a side block as well, I think it would be much better than most of the other 'recent posts' out there.  

• 4 weeks later...

I upgraded to 4.0, and really wanted this abandoned plugin, José A programmed it up for me, if you want a copy, drop him a PM.

You can see it working on http://www.sedonaconnect.com

@José A - you should put that up on the markedplace! I use it myselve and I'm sure my users would like to have that one back when we upgrade one day

Hi guys.

I'm completely running out of time whole last year, unfortunately. But if someone has reworked Board Index Face for 4.0 - feel free to make it public for everyone if you wish. I'll be fine with that, even if you will release it as your own hook.

I'm glad that one day I've brought the idea of this hook to you. Hope you enjoy this idea.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...