(DDK33) Board Index Face

Ibragim Pupkevich

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (DDK33) Board Index Face

File Submitter: Ibragim Pupkevich

File Submitted: 03 Jul 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Board Index Face is a panel for your index page that will change user experience of your visitors completely!

This hook is not just "one more recent topics hook", this hook is completely new approach to board index page design, that will bring amazing user experience to your forum. I've focused on the following key points: Note: this hook is using generic CSS colors, so UI will always match your skin color guidelines (even dark)! I attached few screenshots of different skins look&feel below. Note: This hook can be compatible with hook (by Michael). Enjoy! I also attach webvizor screenshot in order to prove, that this hook will become most clickable on your forum. IF YOU ARE GOING TO UPDATE HOOK: Please kindly make sure, that you have uninstalled previous hook version completely before installing new one. Otherwise some part of hook (templates) wil not be updated and you may get confused with hook look & feel. SQL optimization query to recommended to be run (unfortunatelly, table index can not be altered during hook installation automatically):

[*]The real face of each forum are users. They make a forum alive. Lets show few of them on index page, show their faces! [*]Everybody want to watch the the topics it has participated or started to check those topics for new replies quickly. [*]Sometimes user is getting bored and its wondering to read something new. Recent topic titles! Lets show less graphic, but more data! Lets show, that your forum is alive!

New Topic Button on Board Index

Useful tool for updating: ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php script will preserve hook settings values and translation you made for hook language strings!

[*]Go to [AdminCP -> Support -> SQL Toolbox -> Run query frame] [*]Run query (make sure that table prefix ibf_ match your actual tables prefix, change prefix if needed):

ALTER TABLE `ibf_profile_portal` ADD INDEX `photo_thumb_size` ( `pp_thumb_width` , `pp_thumb_height` );

This will not impact any data in your DB.

This script (ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php) will help you to backup all translations you've made on (DDK33) Board Index Face hook language strings and settings values before updating hook to new version.

0) Upload ddk33_bif_savelangandsettings.php file to root dir of your IP Board.

0) Run

1) Press "Backup" button

2) Go to AdminCP, uninstall outdated verion of hook

3) Go to AdminCP, install new version of hook

4) Press "Restore" button

http://your-forum-ur...andsettings.php

See also:

(DDK33) Board Index Face - IP.Content block (DDK33) Board Index Face - Portal Plugin (Compact mode added in v2.0.4)How to reduce hook height (example)

Feel free to donate! %7Boption%7D

(DDK33) Board Index Face hook is free now!

%7Boption%7D

[url= here to download this file

Just look at the screenshots and you will love this hook.

This seems like an amazing hook! I believe people in my community will find great enjoyment and easy access to forum areas with this hook. Thank you so much.

I realized that this is a fairly new hook, so there are some bugs that I would like to bring to your attention. On upload there were a few missing images which I'm sure by now you are aware of. Also on hover for "Topics I've participated in:" it displays something in Russian. My forum being an english based forum.. If it's not too much to ask could that be translated over to English please?

I also have some suggestions that others might like to have added to this hook as well. I think it would be cool to have an option in the settings for displaying online members at the front of the list of people, or only online members. Also a higher max number of members who are displayed would be nice, or the choice of having how many member pictures are displayed would be nice.

Thank you once again for making such a great hook =]

A few other things..I am a new client.

It would be great for this hook to appear ABOVE the shoutbox, and not below it....because it appears below the shoutbox, Im not even using it for members, only guests...I will use it for members too, if this can be fixed..so please and thank you.

2.) My IP.Content page is my ini...How can I get this hook to show up on my homepage aka "articles" page..at the top...thanks

Please download updated version:

<p>
What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• fixed some behaviour issues (missing images)
  • fixed "Unknown column 'ddk33_bif_forums' in 'field list'" issue
  • fixed "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()" issue
  • added new setting: now you can switch SignIn button to simple anchor mode (useful for legacy non 3.3-ready skins)
  • added new setting: now you can define topic title length cutting
  • added new setting: now you can hide Start New Topic button if your skin doesn't support Quick Navigation pop-up frame (useful for legacy non 3.3-ready skins)
  • IPS software compatibility changed to 3.2.x - 3.3.x.

Dear Barlee,

This is not an issue actually, you just need to read How To Install - ReadMe file carefully :smile:

Note:[color=#555555][font=Verdana, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', 'Times New Roman][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)] if you use custom skin, please copy all pictures from /public/style_images/master/ folder (also found in upload folder of this archive) to your skin images directory.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

So, after you will upload images to proper skin immages folder hook will fit in place. It happened because you use custom skin and images dir for this skin is different from /public/style_images/master/.

But what I will change in next version - I will set fixed dimensions for pics, yeah.

P.S. Hi Leo Light, I see you have sametrouble - forgot to upload pictures in proper skin images folder!

So... going through your questions:

and also how can show more faces?

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I think it would be cool to have an option in the settings for displaying online members at the front of the list of people, or only online members. Also a higher max number of members who are displayed would be nice, or the choice of having how many member pictures are displayed would be nice.[/font][/color]

Added all of this into wish list for next major version update.

It would be great for this hook to appear ABOVE the shoutbox, and not below it....because it appears below the shoutbox, Im not even using it for members, only guests...I will use it for members too, if this can be fixed..so please and thank you.

I will check it out. I guess shoutbox code has higher code injection priority than all hooks. But I will try to find solution.

My IP.Content page is my ini...How can I get this hook to show up on my homepage aka "articles" page..at the top...thanks

Soon I will submit IP.Content and Portal 1.x (by Michael) plugins to Marketplace.

Thanks for purchasing!

Hi,

I am using the default skin, no custom skins are active any more on my forum. However I will follow your instructions and let you know.

Dear Barlee,

This is not an issue actually, you just need to read How To Install - ReadMe file carefully :smile:

So, after you will upload images to proper skin immages folder hook will fit in place. It happened because you use custom skin and images dir for this skin is different from /public/style_images/[color=#0000ff]master[/color]/.

But what I will change in next version - I will set fixed dimensions for pics, yeah.

P.S. Hi Leo Light, I see you have sametrouble - forgot to upload pictures in proper skin images folder!

Nice app! I have a couple of problems and was wondering if there was anything that I could do to correct.

1) is there anyway to edit the color of the text labels?
2) some of the members photos are showing as missing <-never mind
3) some of the members are showing as "guest". <-never mind

%7Boption%7D

Sports-Lite.com,
Read your PM, I fixed it for you. You just forgot to upload files (incl. CSS stylesheet).

Michael R
I'll help you today.

Another thing to look at maybe. When I am logged in under my admin account, I see 11 faces...but as a member i see 32. Where is the setting for that?

So it is defined now - when you're logged in, there is a space dedicated for 5 recent topics you have participated in. Confoguration of this will be available in next version (added to wish list).

Couple more bugs.

Setting the topic character limit doesn't work. No matter what I set it to the topic length remains the same.

Does not parse gravatars. I have gravatars enabled and if a user with a gravatar is in the list you only see a white space with Firefox and a red x with IE.

You can see this at

http://www.adminaddict.net

Will be fixed soon in v1.0.3.