Invision Community
Ibragim Pupkevich

(DDK33) Board Index Face

It depents on how you will configure Shoutbox. You can configure Shoutbox to show up above forum categories, but not on top of all. In that case my hook will appear above shoutbox.

The key point here is that Shoutbox is an application and by default apps have higher priority than all hooks. That's why it's quite difficult to override positioning in templates.

Guys, I have nothing against Shoutbox, but what I have to say is that using Shoutbox you are actually loosing your content. Content generated by users in shoutbox is burning to the hell, because it can not be indexed by search engines like google :smile: So... you are loosing from SEO point of view when you let your visitors choose Shoutbox to ask a question instead of forums. Lets think about it :)

How do you reduce the amount of recently discussed topics showed from 15 to a different amount? I think 15 is too many...

1. Set "Increase recent topics q-ty" (in settings) to -3.
2. Set "Increase participated topics q-ty" (in settings) to -2.
3. Open stylesheet file /public/style_css/ddk33_bif_new.css, find "320px", replace with "120px".
4. Go to style templates -> Board Index -> hookDDK33BoardIndexFace template, find code:

<php>

$faces_row_height 	= 52;

if($this->memberData['member_id'] > 0 && is_array( $mytopics ) && count( $mytopics ) > 2 ) 

$faces_rows_qty 	= 2;

elseif($this->memberData['member_id'] > 0 && is_array( $mytopics ) && count( $mytopics ) > 0 ) 

$faces_rows_qty 	= 3;

else

$faces_rows_qty 	= 6;

$faces_rows_qty 	+= intval($this->settings['ddk33_bif_add_faces']);

$faces_h = ($faces_row_height * $faces_rows_qty) . "px";

</php>

Replace this code with following:

<php>

$faces_row_height 	= 52;

if($this->memberData['member_id'] > 0 && is_array( $mytopics ) && count( $mytopics ) > 2 ) 

$faces_rows_qty 	= 1;

elseif($this->memberData['member_id'] > 0 && is_array( $mytopics ) && count( $mytopics ) > 0 ) 

$faces_rows_qty 	= 1;

else

$faces_rows_qty 	= 3;

$faces_rows_qty 	+= intval($this->settings['ddk33_bif_add_faces']);

$faces_h = ($faces_row_height * $faces_rows_qty) . "px";

</php>

So... I do it like this. You can try.

One last thing....I would like to eliminate the "topics I've participated in" section and just have the user photos and recently discussed topics. Basically I want it showing just like this..

http://forum.talkche...kchelsea.net/

I posted the above question just as you responded to the other question. I wanted to repost in case you missed it :)

Pretty close to. But TalkChelsea has re-arranged hook template elements more deeply :smile:

How do you eliminate the "topics I have participated in" section all together? You haven't answered that question...

Whatever code that is being used on the talk chelsea site...I want it. I like how there is one box surrounding everything and everything is nice and lined up. Right now the icons to the left don't line up with recently discussed topics to the right. Doesn't look clean....post-130113-0-95454900-1342216334_thumb.

Whatever code that is being used on the talk chelsea site...I want it. I like how there is one box surrounding everything and everything is nice and lined up. Right now the icons to the left don't line up with recently discussed topics to the right. Doesn't look clean....

post-130113-0-95454900-1342216334_thumb.

Sent you some help via PM mate. :thumbsup:

Done.

NEW: ddk33_bif_savelang.php tool

Hey Ibragim,
I do not think IPB is doing that way, they are updating only english they do not touch the translated language, they only add new lang bits to both lang files English or translated one...

Hey Ibragim,

I do not think IPB is doing that way, they are updating only english they do not touch the translated language, they only add new lang bits to both lang files English or translated one...

I used default IPB Dev tools to build hook XML file. I don't put translation into XML, so I don't know why it's removing translation all the time.

HI,

We are using a custom skin and have also asked for help in their suppor thread but wondered if you can help

After installing this brilliant hook the following problem has occured.

All of the following links are no longer clickable and so users cannot login / out view messages etc.

post-200926-0-33036100-1342265199.png

The custom skin is http://community.inv...on=file&id=5417

It is however not happening to everyone.

I cannot recreate the problem myself on either pc or latop, but have the issue on our ASUS tablet.

I am testing with all browsers and the interesting thing is it works fine for me on my laptop running firefox version 13.0.1 but one of my members says he has the problem on his latop running the same version

When switching back to the default IPB skin everything works ok,

Pretty close to. But TalkChelsea has re-arranged hook template elements more deeply :smile:

I think you should improve the look of the hook in the next update. I've had so many people contacting me wanting help in getting there's to look like mine. :) Just a suggestion mate. :thumbsup:

Hey Ibragim,

I don't put any translation into XML. However, IPB does not preserve translation when you are going to update existing hook to newer version (unlike settings values). That's why I created Backup&Restore script.