Community

The Guy

How to Use Community Administration Tips

Greetings IPS community,

It has come to my attention that this board is being improperly used by many people. I always see many threads moved out of here due to lack of what this board actually intends to be.

How to use this forum properly:

This board is used mainly to give tips and instructional strategy guides to help you with your board succeed. In order to do that, the topic starter writes a few paragraphs or sentences of instructions or documentations on how and what. This includes either a step by step instructions, or a few paragraphs or sentences stating what your trying to get your point across on.

This does not include asking questions about something technical or something that has been asked many times before. If you have a question or feedback about something then please prefer these following links to get your answer.

IP.Board Technical Support
https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/497-peer-to-peer-technical-support/
This board is used for technical questions and queries about something you might be concerned about. Or just something you need to know about your board functionality that your not necessarily getting. Don't be confused, as one topic titles might say "How to" plus a question mark that will throw people off at first. "How to" is always a confusing title to most.

Client Lounge
http://community.inv...-client-lounge/
This board is mainly used by active clients/customers of IPS to discuss relevant and none relevant information. Private information is not intended for this board, its used for basically peer to peer advice/different feedback, open discussion etc. This is not technical support either, its more of a general discussion. If you are in need of something that has to do with billing or other queries about your board, I suggest stating a ticket in the client center.

Those are just a couple that you should really be noted about. IPS community is a clean friendly community where the staff and customers contribute their time to answer questions when needed.

Thanks, and I hope this helps you when creating a very helpful guide so that the whole community may see. %7Boption%7Dsmile.png

Good post and guide, however everyone makes mistakes it is human nature and mistakes will be made after reading this very topic.

I would like to see more help from IPB staff with moving topics instead of locking them and telling the author you are in the wrong area, etc, especially locking topics from customers who pay the bills and their salaries.

The time they spend locking a topic and typing the explanation they could have moved (3) topics.

I thought you just bumped a two year old topic before I realized this was still a sticky..

The time they spend locking a topic and typing the explanation they could have moved (3) topics.

IPS usually does simply move topics to the correct areas and post an automated explanation stating why the topic was moved. At least from what I've seen they usually do.

Good post and guide, however everyone makes mistakes it is human nature and mistakes will be made after reading this very topic.

I would like to see more help from IPB staff with moving topics instead of locking them and telling the author you are in the wrong area, etc, especially locking topics from customers who pay the bills and their salaries.

I'm not sure what topics you are referring to?, the only time a topic get's locked is if it's in pre-sales and it's a support topic, or when a support ticket is answered/solved.

Why are non-clients allowed to post in this forum? Most of them try to ask for support in this forum anyways. 

I agree, topics that have no place in this section should be moved out. I don't understand why they are kept here.