Staff Online Sidebar

-RAW-

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Hey, I'm having an issue with this hook. It works fine on the forum index page and I have it added, through a special sidebar app, to appear in the sidebar of the category view of the forums, and also on the forum view.

I also have added the item to my blog sidebar and to my calendar ... but I am getting this issue: the icon appear but the title, "Staff Online" is missing. I have talked with the developer of the sidebar application and the response is this:

This is not an issue with the sidebar application, and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. This has to do with the language strings that are loaded within the hook itself - it seems the author did not specifically load any language files, and simply relies on whatever is currently loaded. This is fine for the hook, as it is meant to be displayed on the forum index, and therefore works as intended.
From my side, I have absolutely no way of knowing which language file to load. There are no settings or files that will tell me that.

Any chance you might be able to enhance this hook to comply with the problem of the loaded language strings?

Thanks,

Brian

• 1 month later...

I have been using this for a long time with no issues, until suddenly, got an sql error and database error:

Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:59:48 +0000 Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '29,8,48,4,52,27,55,) AND s.login_type NOT IN (1)' at line 2 IP Address: (ip) - /forums ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT s.member_id, s.member_name, s.seo_name, s.member_group,p.pp_thumb_photo,m.title FROM sessions s LEFT JOIN profile_portal p ON ( p.pp_member_id = s.member_id ) LEFT JOIN members m ON ( m.member_id = s.member_id ) WHERE s.running_time > 1364841888 AND s.member_group IN (,29,8,48,4,52,27,55,) AND s.login_type NOT IN (1) .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php | [mmstaffOnlineSidebarBlock].getOutput | 3753 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3817) : eval()'d code | [output].templateHooks | 6 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3817) : eval()'d code | [shoutboxGlobalJs].globalTemplate | 12 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3817) : eval()'d code | [ddk33NotificationsCnt].globalTemplate | 12 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php | [copyright_awards_footer].globalTemplate | 312 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php | [htmlOutput].fetchOutput | 2948 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_232d89b0b63cc9ad74c86f7e29cb9dd2.php | [output].sendOutput | 54 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | hooks/galleryLightbox_f3022322be37f80217ab03264341a121.php | [group_forum_breadcrumb].sendOutput | 12 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/boards.php | [galleryLightbox].sendOutput | 124 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_forums_forums_boards].doExecute | 306 |

I disabled, and my board is normal again. Maybe this hook needs to be reviisted, or updated to work with new ipb version?

Not sure. I enjoyed the hook, but understand that it is a free one, and may not want to be supported anymore. No pressure to the dev.

• 4 weeks later...

When i install the hook it doesnt do anything on the site, i enable it and nothing happens so its just idling. Any help with that?

I've enabled the hook, but it is still not showing up. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but it's still not working. I ma running 3.3.3.

I'm running into the same issue, I've installed it, and it is not working :( It is enabled, and all groups have access to see it.

I'm having the same problem. i have the v3.4.3 and is not showing up..I don't use gravatar, all member groups are set to view the block but still is not showing up.What could be the problem?

i see whats wrong, will update the file today

Spoke too soon.

On all custom skins (compatible with 3.4.4) I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Method mmstaffOnlineSidebarBlock does not exist in sfsBoardStats in /home/smartest/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line 4038

Spoke too soon.

On all custom skins (compatible with 3.4.4) I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Method mmstaffOnlineSidebarBlock does not exist in sfsBoardStats in /home/smartest/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line 4038

Recache your template's under Template Tools. It should work fine after.

I also had problems with 2.0.0 on 3.4.4, it wouldnt show up. Will try the new update, 2.0.1. Thanks!

I have problem with Gravatar avatars. They are not showing up, because it looks after the picture in /uploads/http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/, which obviously won’t work. Is there a quick fix for this?

//load array for user hovercard
				$r['members_seo_name'] = $r['seo_name'];

// Pic
				if ($r['pp_thumb_photo'])
				{
					$r['pp_thumb_photo'] = $this->settings['upload_url'] . '/' . $r['pp_thumb_photo'];
				}
				else 
				{
					$r['pp_thumb_photo'] = $this->settings['img_url'] . '/profile/default_thumb.png';
				}

Archived